Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTB: Complete 99-02 R6 Plastics and Tank

WTB: Complete 99-02 R6 Plastics and Tank

Hi, after riding my bike with scratched up plastics for the past year, I am looking to fix it up this winter so it will be all ready for next season. I'm looking for a complete set of plastics and a tank for my 2001 R6. Id like to buy some that don't have any scratches or rash, but if they have very minimal damage I still might be interested. I have a complete set that have some road rash on them, so if you are converting to a race bike and would be interested in a trade plus cash for your clean plastics that could work too. Let me know what you have, thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: WTB: Complete 99-02 R6 Plastics and Tank

Unless you truly desire an OEM paint job, money-wise you'd likely be better off taking your scratched/rashed existing plastics and tank to Landrics BoMo for a fresh paintjob. From what I've seen Landrics does some pretty nice work. Worth at least looking into.

For what it's worth in my experience used, nice condition OEM fairings and tank will likely run you anywhere from $750-$1k if you're replacing everything.

Last edited by JohnnyV; 11-03-10 at 05:35 AM.

Re: WTB: Complete 99-02 R6 Plastics and Tank

I was thinking about that option too. I just wanted to see what was out there to buy before I made my decision to fix or replace my plastics. I don't really care if the paint job is OEM or not, I'm just tired of it being scratched up and everyone assuming that I crashed my bike (which I didn't, I bought it that way with plans to fix it up after riding for a year).