Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

wtb: 70's or early 80's jap bike.

Lifer

wtb: 70's or early 80's jap bike.

i picked up a sweet little xj650 a few months ago and after riding it my wife wants one now. I cant seem to find any decent ones on craigslist or im just not fast enough to get them so i figured id try here.
    Id prefer another xj or something like a gs or kz. Id kill for a cb but those go for big bucks now thanks to the shop in millbury thats been buying and flipping them. Dont care about mileage as long as it runs decent. Paint is a non issue as well. Ideally id be able to get her on it and riding around with minimal repairs but ill look at anything if the price is right. Needs a title too or previous reg. Im trying to keep it under $1000 and somewhat nearby central ma. Ill travel as far as needed if its from a reliable source though. Im so sick of driving hundreds of miles for a bike on craigslist only to arrive and the seller isnt home when he's supposed to be or the bike is already sold.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: wtb: 70's or early 80's jap bike.

My brother has an XJ650 Seca for sale. Nice shape, too. (He's moving to LA.) I'll get him to post it.

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Lifer

Please do.

Hey there. My brother mentioned your post. I'm selling my 82 Seca 650 (xj650rj). Hope I'm not violating any forum policies by posting a link to Craigslist, but here it is:

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/2897989668.html

It's in great shape. I bought it with 26K, and it's got a bit over 39K now. I've had it for four years. After the first season I had the carbs synced, cleaned, and had a new head gasket installed (work done at Cycles128 in Beverly, MA). My # is 617 429 6438. If you're interested, shoot me a txt with your email address and I'll send more photos. It's got a clean title and is currently registered in MA. The rear tire is borderline, so it'll probably need to be replaced to pass inspection. Otherwise it's ready to ride.

JT

Lifer

Ill show the wife. Looks like a really nice clean bike. I have nearly the exact same bike.