Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wtb: grom

Re: Wtb: grom

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I'm happy to throw Ohlins in my trackbike, Touratech in my ADV, and other suspension mods on my other bikes but I just can't see upgrading the 125.
    another thing to add here. i originally bought mine as a pit bike. slowly started to mod it as a toy and ride it more on the street. i stopped taking my car for lunch/dinner at race weekends and started riding my Grom a lot more. Tracks like CMP are 45 mins each way from anything. Currently, this is my only street bike and i do go overkill on it. I have a big boy motor going in this month now that i have the brakes, controls, and suspension all setup. the bike rides very well compared to other Groms.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

thanks! I guess if my only streetbike was the Z I'd probably upgrade it, too. Would love to put a Ninja 300 motor in it! But as of right now it's what I ride to save on MPGees while the girl learns to ride with it. I guess my wallet is tight from upgrading components and burning through tires on all the other bikes

On a side note, I used to live 45 min from CMP and really miss that track and how easy it was to get to while I lived down there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

On a side note, I used to live 45 min from CMP and really miss that track and how easy it was to get to while I lived down there.
    CMP still sucks, even after the repave. it's near the bottom on my list

Last edited by Jim; 07-12-23 at 11:52 AM. Reason: used to live in SC. changed the comment
    EX 105

thanks! I guess if my only streetbike was the Z I'd probably upgrade it, too. Would love to put a Ninja 300 motor in it! But as of right now it's what I ride to save on MPGees while the girl learns to ride with it. I guess my wallet is tight from upgrading components and burning through tires on all the other bikes

scary thought, Grom/Z125/Kpipe frames are designed for a 8-10 hp motor/ top speeds 60-65 mph above that, things get sketchy, my 190cc puts out 17hp, and while I used all 8hp of the 125, I don't dare use all 17hp , what does a 300 put out, 30?

I have a steering damper yet to be installed on my kpipe, and plan on having a fork brace made up

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

mine will do 23-24hp on pump gas

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

FYI ICYMI etc.

Seller's Description
    $2800 2023 Honda Grom with Title and Bill of sale !!
    1400 miles
    All oem and super clean bike

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7955605583050/

And don't believe everything you think.

I was at RMS yesterday, they have 6 or 7 Groms in stock, 4 white, 2 baby blue, 1 OG w pipe & aftermarket mirrors not sure what else (the OG one is $4300 iirc, pipe sounds similar to the Cherry Bomb on my k-Pipe) they have a lot of various leftover '22 Kawasaki dirt bikes & dual sports in the showroom

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

the SP (2021+) has transmission issues and it seems the Grom fanboys prefer the SF (2016 - 2020). Also, there is only one option in the BBK for the newest gen, which is a 170cc kit. There is a 5 speed transmission for them in the aftermarket world, which leaves the only flaw on that generation is a low vis headlight.

EX 105

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123