Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB Heated gear

WTB Heated gear

Looking for heated gear, most likely size medium for vest/jacket and pants and a lg for gloves, thanks! please PM me with info, thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Corey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

What type of gear do you have?

I would start with a heated jacket ( full sleeve) and then a nice pair of winter gloves by revit or similar with heated grips. Obviously a textile lined pant as well.

Skip the pants and gloves and see how it goes.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Re: WTB Heated gear

DuncanMoto was selling a shitload of it for decent prices last season. Maybe he has some leftover from last season or has the newest stuff.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Manny
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I would start with a heated jacket ( full sleeve) and then a nice pair of winter gloves by revit or similar with heated grips. Obviously a textile lined pant as well.

I had heated grips last year, they were great but heated gloves would be better. For me once my hands are cold I am cold so gloves are top priority followed by jacket/vest. Right now I wear thermals and a fleece with a leather jacket. Works well but as I said once my hands get cold.I am cold

Corey

You need a true textile suit with a liner and wind protection. You will be warm. Too warm.

Leather is for temps between 70 and 75. It pretty much sucks IMO.

Anyhow if you can fit a fleece under a leather riding jacket it doesn't fit.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

What kind of gloves are you using?

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Its very very tight when I put a fleece on, it actually fits perfect. I couldn't fit in a size smaller. And I used some olympia winter riding gloves last year, worked good with the heated grips but fingers still got cold.

Corey

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/2.10.502.4 (93577) Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102

Quote Originally Posted by Manny

I had heated grips last year, they were great but heated gloves would be better. For me once my hands are cold I am cold so gloves are top priority followed by jacket/vest. Right now I wear thermals and a fleece with a leather jacket. Works well but as I said once my hands get cold.I am cold
    you are familiar with how your body works right? Warm core=Warm extremities

I'm with Corey on the Gloves, My hands are most important hense why i got heated grips. He wants some good stuff so he can ride as long into winter as he can

And chris
    that works both ways Cold extremities = Cold core

www.bostonmoto.com
    2009 Zx-6r--17,680 miles and counting!!
    2008 ZZR600 - - - 10,268 miles totaled
    Ride to live, live to ride

Quote Originally Posted by Danz19899 View Post
    I'm with Corey on the Gloves, My hands are most important hense why i got heated grips. He wants some good stuff so he can ride as long into winter as he can

And chris
    that works both ways Cold extremities = Cold core
    If he wants to ride into cold and be comfortable he needs to think about his gear.

Have you ever seen anyone play a winter sport wearing a leather coat?

Leather motorcycle jackets basically provide zero adjustment for weather. Buying heated gloves pants and a jacket is really not the best investment.

If he is spending money, he should get a proper suit and jacket with a heated jacket and skip the pants and heated gloves. Try it and build from there.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Last year and this spring just heated grips worked Fine, first thing I want is heated gloves. Wasn't looking For people.to tell.me what to wear, I'm an Eagle scout, have camped.in sub zero temps, I know how to stay warm and have the gear to do.so, just want to add some heat. I snowmobile and have no problem staying warm.due to just heated grips, just want to add the heated gear so I have that extra layer of warmth

Corey

I have a heavy textile jacket and pants. Between the heated jacket liner and grips I'm ok in the 30's. Any colder, at speed, the wind takes the heat off the top of my fingers and makes them uncomfortable. If I could do it again I'd do heated gloves instead of grips. I love the heated liner. Makes riding enjoyable instead of tolerable.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict
    I have a heavy textile jacket and pants. Between the heated jacket liner and grips I'm ok in the 30's. Any colder, at speed, the wind takes the heat off the top of my fingers and makes them uncomfortable. If I could do it again I'd do heated gloves instead of grips. I love the heated liner. Makes riding enjoyable instead of tolerable.
    My thoughts exactly, with the heates grips I had to grip the bars hard in order.for the heat.to travel.into the glove and for.the most part my core stated warm, underarmor and ended up wearing My snowboarding jacket alot but felt it.didn't provide much protection. And Manny the purpose of a wtb thread is to buy the gear not get told how it works. Initially your input was good then u told me heated grips/gloves aren't important. For me once my hands are cold I am uncomfortable so my hands are top priority. All I want is to see if anyone has any heater gear they want to sell.

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/2.10.502.4 (93577) Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

you are familiar with how your body works right? Warm core=Warm extremities
    chris go fuck yourself, u think your so fuckin smart, yes i know how the body work but my core staying warm isnt my fucking issue, my hands are the main issue and as it gets colder my core will become an issue but right now its not!

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    chris go fuck yourself, u think your so fuckin smart, yes i know how the body work but my core staying warm isnt my fucking issue, my hands are the main issue and as it gets colder my core will become an issue but right now its not!
    so thats a no?

If u don't have heated gear for sale please see yourself out of this thread, thanks

Corey

I was on the get a heated core accessory with the regular gloves bandwagon danz

Last edited by WordTooYoMamma; 10-16-10 at 10:45 PM.

If u don't have heated gear for sale please see yourself out of this thread, thanks
    If you dont want me to report your personal attack stop taking everything everyone says so seriously

Again my hands are cold why the fuck would I by a heaters core before heated gloves if my core.is plenty warm at the moment

Corey

lol why cant we all just get along

i know its almost the end of riding but damn

www.bostonmoto.com
    2009 Zx-6r--17,680 miles and counting!!
    2008 ZZR600 - - - 10,268 miles totaled
    Ride to live, live to ride

I am happy with my Gerbing Jacket under either fabric or race jacket (perfed with flaps)

You need the sleeves so not the vest

If you have the cash get a controller too

I have real Vanson Gauntlet gloves which have served me well for years

Also I have leather jeans and with long johns I am good to go

Lifer

Again my hands are cold why the fuck would I by a heaters core before heated gloves if my core.is plenty warm at the moment
    Go to a website and buy it, no one here is going to sell their heated gear. If they have it, they love it. All you'll get here is these assholes telling you what you 'need' to do, everyone here knows everything.

These would look right at home on your lil mutant motorcycle.
    http://www.hippohands.com/

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Thanks, unfortunately for me they have nothing even close to my size but definately awesome prices!

Corey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast