Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Recommend me a portable air compressor

Recommend me a portable air compressor

Just need one for car and motorcycle tires...nothing fancy, nothing over $60.

Was looking to buy one this morning and almost every unit I looked at has very mixed reviews. What does everyone have?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 F4i

Re: Recommend me a portable air compressor

I buy the cheapie $10 to $20 cig lighter outlet powered units. Just look for ones that have a metal valve stem fitting, the plastic ones are JUNK. These usually last 3 to 4 years. The best one I had was a Campbell Hausfeld unit that had a compressor, light, and a built in battery. That served me quite well racing minis and full size bikes, spud gunning (300psi pneumatic for the win!) and camping. Finally killed the battery after 6 years. I think Walmart still carries them for $30.

Lifer

Re: Recommend me a portable air compressor

Harbour freight also has a little cheapie cig lighter one for under $10 when I was there a week ago. Do you need it to be portable? If not, you can certainly go for larger ones... Ie I have a big unit I got for $54 at walmart, it's a big battery jump pack, USB power, ac power, and air compressor. I got it for emergency if power goes out.. can power small things like laptops for 12+ hrs..

I also had a smaller unit I paid maybe $50 that was pretty compact, had a battery, but battery has since died and won't charge, so I always have it plugged into cig lighter to work. All it did was pump air and had a puny light on it