Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTB: Pickup truck

WTB: Pickup truck

I sold my perversion van conversion van and looking for a pickup in nice shape. Interested in anything $2k up to maybe $10k if it's a real gem.

Needs to be clean, reasonable mileage, no rust or mechanical issues. Doesn't need to be cosmetically perfect but that's a big plus.

Not in a huge rush, but if an amazing deal comes up I'm ready to buy whenevah.

Needs to have back seats and a bed I can fit a bike or two in.

Thanks,
    Gabe

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tekime; 08-27-16 at 10:49 AM.
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Re: WTB: Pickup truck

Hmm. Well I am going to be selling my '03 Tacoma at some point, baby and 2 dogs is forcing me into an SUV. It's been a great truck, has a new frame, v6, 5 speed, 4wd, extended cab, minimal body rust. There's 131k on it now which won't climb much as my daily commute total 13 miles.

I'm not in a big rush either. I need to replace the center carrier bearing (rear driveshaft component) and the AC compressor. I was going to do a spray in bed liner as well since I removed the crappy plastic bed liner insert and found some holes I needed to patch. A few screw holes in the bed rails from an old tool box I assume, and a hole in the bed about the size of a dollar bill. Pretty simple sheet metal repair.

Anyway if that interests you, shoot me a PM and we can discuss further. It will be close to the top of your budget, but well worth it for a solid 1st gen Tacoma. FWIW, I'll be replacing it with a 3rd gen 4Runner, which shares many components with the Tacomas of that vintage.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by loudbeard; 08-27-16 at 12:00 PM. Reason: LP
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

I'm thinking about a newer car and doing research on what they call the crossover type vehicle. Need to be able to tow plus have decent MPG. Not pickup MPG.

2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Hmm. Well I am going to be selling my '03 Tacoma at some point, baby and 2 dogs is forcing me into an SUV. It's been a great truck, has a new frame, v6, 5 speed, 4wd, extended cab, minimal body rust. There's 131k on it now which won't climb much as my daily commute total 13 miles.

I'm not in a big rush either. I need to replace the center carrier bearing (rear driveshaft component) and the AC compressor. I was going to do a spray in bed liner as well since I removed the crappy plastic bed liner insert and found some holes I needed to patch. A few screw holes in the bed rails from an old tool box I assume, and a hole in the bed about the size of a dollar bill. Pretty simple sheet metal repair.

Anyway if that interests you, shoot me a PM and we can discuss further. It will be close to the top of your budget, but well worth it for a solid 1st gen Tacoma. FWIW, I'll be replacing it with a 3rd gen 4Runner, which shares many components with the Tacomas of that vintage.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Shoot me some pics when you get them. A bit high mileage for me in the ~$10k range but I do like the Tacomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    I'm thinking about a newer car and doing research on what they call the crossover type vehicle. Need to be able to tow plus have decent MPG. Not pickup MPG.
    My sister in law has a CR-V, it's pretty sweet. I had an SUV for years and loved it but want something with more utility. Those 5.2L definitely eat some gas but I don't commute either.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

go full size (extra cab for small kids, crew cab for adult sized kids) american half ton LOL...can be had for nearly the same price as a compact, more bed space, power, and spacious seating space for family/cargo

the gas mileage worse, yes...but honestly I had a 4-cyl '97 tacoma w' the 2.7/manual and I only got 15-16mpg most of the time anyways...and dunno if it's an option for you in ME but I went compressed natural gas F-150 and paid ~$0.40-$3/gallon LESS than gasoline on fuel and saved over $6,500 in 4 years...I bought the truck for less than that, so it's been a free CNG truck vs. gasoline truck

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    I have a 2011 Kia Sorento, 22+MPG in town, 26+ highway. 3750 towing capacity, 6cyl and seats 7. I have 95K with no issues. Wife & I have had 5 Kias with no issues

bump

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

rides bikes

I might sell my Tundra this year. It's a 2000 access cab with just under 200k on it (it's a lot, but it's only driven on the highway on the weekend - back and fourth from my camp in Maine). No rust on the body or frame. No real issues (clock sometimes doesn't work, oil pressure gauge has been broken the whole time I've owned it, seat belt doesn't always retract). New tires, brakes, alternator, battery, serpentine belt, timing belt at 120k and synthetic engine oil and diff fluids. Gets around 17-18mpg and it's almost always got a bike or two in the back. The only reason I would consider selling it is to go from the access cab (back seat with the suicide doors) to a quad cab, which is like 6" longer.

Last edited by nick5446; 09-19-16 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    I might sell my Tundra this year. It's a 2000 access cab with just under 200k on it (it's a lot, but it's only driven on the highway on the weekend - back and fourth from my camp in Maine). No rust on the body or frame. No real issues (clock sometimes doesn't work, oil pressure gauge has been broken the whole time I've owned it, seat belt doesn't always retract). New tires, brakes, alternator, battery, serpentine belt, timing belt at 120k and synthetic engine oil and diff fluids. Gets around 17-18mpg and it's almost always got a bike or two in the back. The only reason I would consider selling it is to go from the access cab (back seat with the suicide doors) to a quad cab, which is like 6" longer.
    Higher mileage than I'm looking for really but might consider it for the right price, let me know if/when you have some pics and a price!

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Higher mileage than I'm looking for really but might consider it for the right price, let me know if/when you have some pics and a price!
    It's definitely a lot of miles. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect someone new to have that same faith. I'll dig up some pictures and send them your way.