Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTB: RS250

xxaarraa

WTB: RS250

This has been one of the bikes tugging at me for a few years now. Not interested in a street bike, I believe most of these came over as track-only "cup" bikes anyway. If anyone's got one they want to sell, please PM me.

I already posted on the Aprilia forum.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: WTB: RS250

how much are you thinking of spending and what's your time frame? I can get them pretty cheap in the UK and possibly ship one over to the states. It might not be easy though, I haven't looked much into importing one of those. I've been concentrating on bring over several vfr400's which looks like can be legally titled easily.
    I can look into it though while I'm working on the vfr paperwork. It would be fully street form though, not race since they are driven on the roads here. No title but a v5 book which is the UK version of a title. probably end up in my name to ease border crossing then signed over to you. I do see legit race ones in the back corners of some of the shops I go to. always look pretty clapped out.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    how much are you thinking of spending and what's your time frame? I can get them pretty cheap in the UK and possibly ship one over to the states. It might not be easy though, I haven't looked much into importing one of those. I've been concentrating on bring over several vfr400's which looks like can be legally titled easily.
    I can look into it though while I'm working on the vfr paperwork. It would be fully street form though, not race since they are driven on the roads here. No title but a v5 book which is the UK version of a title. probably end up in my name to ease border crossing then signed over to you. I do see legit race ones in the back corners of some of the shops I go to. always look pretty clapped out.
    Hey, thanks for the kind offer to look into it - please do, I'd be interested to see what you find. Street title isn't necessary for me.

While these are hard to find, they are not unobtanium - they do pop up every once in a while. I have no interest in taking a street bike and converting it to track spec.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 12-09-14 at 10:03 AM.

I just want to stand behind a cup version and smell it....

keep an eye on http://raresportbikesforsale.com/ - when one pops up for sale they usually post it, link to it and discuss the pros/cons of that specific bike....

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Shoot me a PM or email to scottieducati@gmail.com had looked extensively into importing before and got a fair bit through paperwork and what not. May be interested in adding to the "several" tally as well....

CCS/LRRS #83

I think my head just exploded...

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

If you're serious about bringing a container over, I'd love to get some numbers for a 3TJ frame/roller in that shipment. Paperwork should be simple, spares with no intention of ever seeing the road.

Steve at Speedwerks may be able to offer some insight as well, he's well versed in the grey market game.

It's probably not going to be any easier than the avenues you're already looking down, but RS250s were very popular in Australia. They were available as road bikes (RS125s too) and there was also an Aprilia RS250 Cup series for racers. If memory serves, Casey Stoner won it early in his teens.

I have some generic contacts for dealers down there, nothing spectacular though.

I'm also looking for a Kawasaki ninja 400. I would be very interested if you came across one.

Adrenaline Cycle
    Swansea,MA

Dyno Jet Tuning Center
    Apparel
    Fabrication
    Powder Coating
    Paint
    Service
    Engine service
    Race Bike Prep
    Used OEM Parts
    Track bike rentals

ADRENALINECYCLEINC.COM
    Like us on Facebook
    [IMG]http://www.facebook.com/AdrenalineCycle1?ref=hl

Lifer

I see those zx400's all the time. I don't pay much attention to them though. They are gonna be hard to import legally I think. I was going to buy a cbr400 and bring it back with me but found out the vfr is easier to bring in so that's what I'm going for.

Kawasaki ZXR ZX 400 L3 Ninja Pocket Rocket UK Model VGC T&T Swap PX | eBay

xxaarraa

Boosten and #9 - thanks a lot for the ideas and offer to import, kind of you both. I have been down that road before (shipped a BMW F650 to India many years ago) so I know the pain. If bringing a bike over as a pure track bike without a street title is any easier, I'd consider it, but ZERO interest in jumping through hoops to get a street bike over here, especially a toy bike like the RS250.

Also, the RS250 is a rare bike, but not a collector's dream by any means. There's plenty of them out there that pop up every once in a while. I'm in no rush for a 3rd track bike so I can play the long game.

Yeah no worries mate, let me know if you end up needing help with them.

They are fabulous bikes and I would love to find a way to bring one over for myself.