Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WTB - Supermoto (track, not street, pref CRF 450) - Boston, MA

Re: WTB - Supermoto (track, not street, pref CRF 450) - Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    Really? A single cylinder that's designed to put out ~50 hp can be tweaked to make 75 hp? That's a 50% increase over designed output.

I am not disagreeing with you, I do not know KTMs at all. Just really surprised.
    My CRF70 started at 3.5hp. Just massaging what was there, no displacement changes or custom heads/etc got me to 4.5hp. Bigger carb and high comp piston got me 6.5hp. Big bore + stroker setup (110cc) with a better head I was in the 12s, full nutter 151cc had 16+.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs313 View Post
    My 560 SMR made 60 on Rob's Dyno, and that was bone stock with a worn piston. There's a lot of potential in those motors, it's just a question of how long you want them to stay running before something breaks.
    I think the OP's is a 2002 520? I hear ya, I can see how stringing them very too may cause things to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    My CRF70 started at 3.5hp. Just massaging what was there, no displacement changes or custom heads/etc got me to 4.5hp. Bigger carb and high comp piston got me 6.5hp. Big bore + stroker setup (110cc) with a better head I was in the 12s, full nutter 151cc had 16+.
    Shit, you should have said this all along. Ductard should be buying a CRF70!!

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    Shit, you should have said this all along. Ductard should be buying a CRF70!!
    Not everybody is the "Bike Whisperer" like Kurlon. Although he seems to be more interested in coaxing old nags out of the grave than anything else

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    Not everybody is the "Bike Whisperer" like Kurlon. Although he seems to be more interested in coaxing old nags out of the grave than anything else
    You know what else Kurlon is. He's a time traveling prophet. I am finding out rather eerily that on nearly every topic that makes its way through NESR, Kurlon has a post dating back to 2008 or 2009 saying the same thing he's saying now. It's almost as if he's always spoken the truth but no one has listened, so he's traveling back in time to try and correct the problem at an earlier point.

xxaarraa exits stage left, looking for Kurlon posts from yesteryear about dogs getting in a fight in a parked car....

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Might be able to get a hold of Tyler at Cycles 128 in Beverly. Pretty sure he still works in the service dept.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12