Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTB: SV650 with ABS

WTB: SV650 with ABS

I'm looking for an ABS equipped SV650.

I will consider both the naked SV650 and faired SV650S.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: WTB: SV650 with ABS

I don't think they ever came with ABS

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I don't think they ever came with ABS
    ABS was an option from 2007-2009.

Quote Originally Posted by newrider13 View Post
    ABS was an option from 2007-2009.
    did not know that. never heard of anyone with an SV going for it.

I had to google it too. I had no idea.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I've been lurking on craigslist for a while looking for 2nd SVs and rarely ever see ones with ABS. You might have better luck monitoring the SV Rider - For Sale area (http://www.svrider.com/forum/), although those can be posted from all over North America.

Lifer

I've got an '04 without ABS with 1000 miles on it I'd let go for 3K.

I’ve been monitoring svider, but don’t have enough posts to create thread in classifieds.

I've come across a handful using Search Tempest (a Craigslist aggregator). I inquired regarding some; but none of the sellers were willing to ship. I was hoping that there would be one available locally.

Quote Originally Posted by newrider13 View Post
    but none of the sellers were willing to ship.
    The trick is going to be to take shipping out of it from their perspective. It's going to be a bit more expensive, but places like http://www.hansenbros.com/Motorcycle-Shipping offer "door to door" service. Their only requirements are less than a half tank of gas and empty saddle bags.

In this case, from the sellers perspective the bike is picked up at their house, it happens to be a shipping company doing it, but the willing to ship problem goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    The trick is going to be to take shipping out of it from their perspective. It's going to be a bit more expensive, but places like http://www.hansenbros.com/Motorcycle-Shipping offer "door to door" service. Their only requirements are less than a half tank of gas and empty saddle bags.

In this case, from the sellers perspective the bike is picked up at their house, it happens to be a shipping company doing it, but the willing to ship problem goes away.
    My plan was to have the bike examined by a local (to the seller) Suzuki or other bike shop. If the results were favorable, then I would have opted for a similar door to door service.

Never seen one though they exist. V-Stroms with ABS are somewhat common and command a premium. It was a $500 option until 2012 (when it became standard) and they are much easier to sell.

The SV650 market is so price-sensitive that I'm surprised any were sold. If you really want ABS, probably easier to find another model where it is more common. A DL650 ABS is no track bike.

Last edited by Garandman; 12-16-12 at 11:18 AM.

Lifer

I hope that the SV650ABS is not for the track...I don't think that ABS system was designed for the track and suspect it would intervene too early for aggressive braking. I also wish more bikes came with ABS for the street. As someone who rides year-round, ABS would have came in useful at least on 3 occasions I can recall. Keep looking. You may be able to find one. The SV650 is a great bike at a good price point

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    I hope that the SV650ABS is not for the track...I don't think that ABS system was designed for the track and suspect it would intervene too early for aggressive braking. I also wish more bikes came with ABS for the street. As someone who rides year-round, ABS would have came in useful at least on 3 occasions I can recall. Keep looking. You may be able to find one. The SV650 is a great bike at a good price point
    No intention to use my next bike on the track. It will be for commuting/street riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Never seen one though they exist. V-Stroms with ABS are somewhat common and command a premium. It was a $500 option until 2012 (when it became standard) and they are much easier to sell.

The SV650 market is so price-sensitive that I'm surprised any were sold. If you really want ABS, probably easier to find another model where it is more common. A DL650 ABS is no track bike.
    Unfortunately none of the bikes (aside from SV650) on my short list came with ABS.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    I hope that the SV650ABS is not for the track...I don't think that ABS system was designed for the track and suspect it would intervene too early for aggressive braking.
    I've done a track day on my DL650A. Given I am a track noob and not real experienced here. But I did not think my ABS intervened too early at all. I found I was able to brake quite aggressively.

Although I did occasionally wonder if the ABS system was helping me out and left curious how the day would have gone without ABS.