Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ballistik Racing Apparel

Ballistik Racing Apparel

If you guys and gals are in the market for new leathers, race or TD, especially if you are looking at getting a custom suit, it would be worthwhile to check out this new company Ballistik Racing Apparel. I had the priveledge of riding in some of their test suits this past weekend, and I gotta tell ya. Im impressed. Ask around, Im a gear nut...and this ish is NICE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ballistik Racing Apparel is new company to the motorcycle racing scene, offereing first class custom, pro level race gear for a solid price. Based out of Mesa, Arizona, Jace Wilhemi (designer/test rider) and company have put lots of thought into the design, and technology of these suits. I had the opportunity this past Saturday to ride in both the Attack, and Velocity suits at the Musselman Honda Circuit in Tucson, AZ.

First thing I noticed right off was how light, and comfy both suits were just walking around the pits. I'm 5'10, 175lbs, athletic, and the 42 fit just about perfect. Easy to put on, no adjustment issues, no binding or pulling; range of motion and ease of movement were exremely good. On the bike, I was much more relaxed than in my own race suit, and I honestly forgot that I was wearing a borrowed suit. The protection is substantial, but works with the suit so well, it doesnt get in the way of riding at all. Being that relaxed in the suit allowed me to focus more on riding, and I was putting down some pretty fast laps.
    I also broke in a set of new BR-Pro gloves that, for the crazy amount of protection they offer, are very comfy, and the range of motion is excellent. After about 30 min of riding, I had them broken in for Jace quite well.
    All in all, I was extremely impressed with the quality, technology, and protection the Ballistik Apparel offered-not to mention the passion in which the Team puts into their designs and product.
    I made a remark along the lines of how legit the protection was on the suits, I almost felt bad for NOT crashing and being able to givea 100% review on them! No doubt in my mind I would be very well protected.

Anyone looking for a new race suit, gloves, or jacket should take a serious look at Ballistik. Price, protection, and style...they got it all.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/BallistikApparel

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MotoFreak; 01-18-12 at 01:57 AM.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Re: Ballistik Racing Apparel

Hey Bill!

Hey Eric! Miss you buddy!

As far as the leathers go. I know that there are lots of options out there, especially more local stuff on the East Coast. This is the first independant suit company that I've actually had the chance to work with. I've seen a few examples from other companies, and, I've had my far share of get-offs. I think Ballistik is worth taking the time to look at. I wouldn't be supporting a company that I didn't have faith in!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

looks allot like Heroic stuff. In fact the gloves look strait knock off.

ahhhh the pleasures of a global economy...

Quote Originally Posted by catahoulabuldog View Post
    looks allot like Heroic stuff. In fact the gloves look strait knock off.

ahhhh the pleasures of a global economy...
    Not the first to say that, and not the last. I've had the pleasure of viewing both gloves, and suits side by side from Heroic and Ballistik...and there only similarity is the sourcing of certain TPU injected protectors ( ex. knuckle guards) and the use of the sting ray skin as additional protection in high risk areas. Jace designs all of his gear, and works directly with the factory to get everything perfect. Lots of R&D.

If I was gonna spend money though on a suit, and I am, it will be Ballistik. Never have I worn a suit that actually improves my riding because I don't experience fatigue from my gear. Def. not something you think about until you experience it.

Anyway...Ballistik is sponsoring Jake Holden and the ESP/Iron Horse BMW Superbike Team this year. Not bad for a small, young apparel company.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Anyway you can send me over their contact info? I'm in need of a new suit...I guess you could say I had a few "incidents" last season.

Rough idea on pricing for these?

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I checked all the "dealer" sites they have posted and none of them mention anything about pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Again View Post
    I checked all the "dealer" sites they have posted and none of them mention anything about pricing.
    As did I. I'm more curious than interested in buying, so I did not want to waste any of the shops' time.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

There are actually a LOT of people saying that this is a straight up knock off of the HEROIC product...

For what its worth im sure its a great design because Todd over at HEROIC put a lot of work and effort into it. No offense but I really hope the company gets whats coming to them...

-Lou

Add me on LinkedIN
    Buying or selling a car? Free listings - FeaturedCars.com

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)
    88 YSR50 (Street Hilarity)

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    $1500 for the Attack Production suit

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Again View Post
    www.ballistik-apparel.com and you can look em up on FB as well. They are having a Suit Give-Away raffle right now. "Like" the page to get in on a 1-500 chance on a new suit. Not great odds, but not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Loun View Post
    There are actually a LOT of people saying that this is a straight up knock off of the HEROIC product...

For what its worth im sure its a great design because Todd over at HEROIC put a lot of work and effort into it. No offense but I really hope the company gets whats coming to them...

-Lou
    There's a lot of people SAYING they are knock-offs, but the reality is they are not. How can you say "no offense" and then wish ill-will on a company that is trying to make their way in the Industry? Have you actually seen a Heroic and Ballistik suit side by side? If not, you're really just talking outta your ass.

All the discussions that have cropped up recently are off-base. Its a competetive industry, and Heroic sadly does not have exclusive rights to suppliers anymore. The guys at Ballistik are building their own, custom suits, and thats that.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Anyone starting a company designs something to be unique. To stand apart from the competition. So let's see. Call it almost identical name. 0 original brand recognition, and the press is out that its by obvious copy. Sounds like someone was a real designer here. My PRO's dropped in Dec 2009. Soooo owned

Wow...those look a little too similar...

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!