Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

All Balls Racing, Great Service

Smile All Balls Racing, Great Service

I sent a message to allballsracing about my first attempt struggles on an install of some new steering head bearings. I filled out an online message form on Sunday @5:33.

Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:33 PM

Are the seals included with the kit a substitute for the dust seal? I installed the lower bearing onto my stearing stem and it pinches the old dust seal. I think this should have been left off. My bike is a 1992 XJ600s Seca II. I've got another set on the way so I can do this right.

Thanks, Joseph

I recieved a nice reply Monday morning at 7:30!

Hello Joseph. Yes, the lower seal is a replacement. You should discard your old lower seal. On the top seal you can use the seal in the kit or your old dust shield, whichever you prefer. If you need just a new seal let me know and I will send you one no charge.

Stefan
    The instructions with the kit is pretty much nonexistent, which did contribute to the problem, as the kit didn't match what was in my Clymer's manual.

btw I'm going to start over with a new kit, I'm sure I mangled this set on the install. I also ordered their fork seal replacement kit.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

All Balls Racing, Great Service

great company and great product .. installed their tapered head bearings on my RR this year

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!