Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Barnacle Bill's Racing Leathers - Repair

Thumbs up Barnacle Bill's Racing Leathers - Repair

This year, I finally gave in and decided to have my Dainese 1 pc altered to accommodate my...expanded profile. I sent the suit out to Barnacle Bill's Racing Leather, after seeing the work he had done on Palm Bomb's suit(added his name and a stretch panel to the crotch).

When I called Bill to first talk to him, I immediately wanted to give this guy my business. We talked for about 45 minutes, first about my suit and what I needed, then about leathers in general, and then just about exercise and getting older. He was just a genuinely personable guy. He had me take some measurements, and box my suit to send to him.

He added two ventilated panels(I cannot remember the material name, but he said it's worked very well for him in the past), one on either side of the front, from the collar height all the way down to the crotch level. I also had him sew on two Pirelli patches, one at the front of each shoulder:

Since he had my suit, I also asked him to add my name in the brightest orange he had. He suggested a white background to the letters to make them stand out. The color doesn't really look right in these pictures, in person it's significantly brighter:

Also, while the suit was down there, Bill stitched up my collar(it had ripped almost all the way off):

and dyed some scuffs from my T3 crash last year:

All in all, I literally can't recommend this guy enough. Aside from being a nice guy, his pricing was more than fair. He also went out of his way to accommodate my time frame. He had the suit for less than 2 weeks, and when crunch time came, he finished it that day and handed it to the Fedex driver that evening. If you need lettering, patches, repairs or alterations, give Barnacle Bill a look. He also does custom suits, and I will be checking him out later this season for one of those. :thumbup:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Barnacle Bill's Racing Leathers - Repair

I've heard nothing but good stuff about him also. I have a couple friends who have custom suits from him and they like them.

I had my suit done by Bill too. He does great work and is highly renowned.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Bill used to help keep me safe when I was wearing a different brand of leathers. He used to reinforce them, and install his armour.

Barnicle Bill is good people!!

I have some stuff made by him. Very high quality.

James