Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Thanks Land Air VT

Thanks Land Air VT

Just wanted to give my thanks and support to Brad (winvt) and the guys at Land Air in Essex vt. Thoughout this past year or so, I've had a positive experience every visit. They have definitely gone out of their way to get me what I need for my racing, and getting started dirty riding. If you havent been in recently, check them out!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Re: Thanks Land Air VT

I'm guessing this isn't the LandAir shipping company

Nope. It's the local Honda, Suzuki, KTM dealer. They have definitely picked up their game in recent years. They have helped me a ton with my sv recently and it helps that we have a fellow racer working the parts desk.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yea...Brad and the gang are great.

Even if he did try to kill me last year in turn 3...

Hi Brad!

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

Littering and........

Must be a recent change, they used to just about chase people out the door with a broomstick.

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Must be a recent change, they used to just about chase people out the door with a broomstick.
    It's a gradual change. Personally I still haven't seen it in practice, but Brad has definitely made his presence known and has done a lot individually to try to improve things. But he can only do so much, and there are still some weaknesses. Props to Brad for trying though.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

Oh wow, thanks guys!

I'm not going to say our shop is perfect, but we certainly have made a lot of progress in recent years. The owner is very customer service oriented and it's slowly trickling down to the rest of us hooligans. And yes, we are also very supportive of racers as most of the current employees either have raced or are currently racing, whether its street, dirt or snow.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll see you guys at the track THIS WEEKEND!

Oh, and tyler, i'm sorry about the turn 3 incident.... but will honestly probably go for it again if the situation arises.

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Yeah, i know, and that's why I wanted to comment on how things are definitely getting better :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by NobodySpecific View Post
    It's a gradual change. Personally I still haven't seen it in practice, but Brad has definitely made his presence known and has done a lot individually to try to improve things. But he can only do so much, and there are still some weaknesses. Props to Brad for trying though.
    Yeah, I havent dealt with all the guys there, but everyone says hi and are friendly at least. Brad in particular has made me a returning customer just by being helpful and honest, even if it means I don't buy something every time I go in. I wish more shops realized building that kind of relationship creates more sales in the end. I'm more likely to go buy a part there now rather than buying online. And those new ktm's keep screaming to me every visit.

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f

I think if you are a returning customer (bought something in the past) or are known by the staff (as a racer or friend) you are good to go.

I have visited Land Air more in the last year than I have in the previous 10. Primarily because of Brad and I don't even see him everytime I am in there.

Do they treat me better because of who I know or because I have been in more often? but it is nice when I go to the counter and I am not ignored as I wait to be called on.

Catering more to the new customer might get you more repeat customers, I just refer people to Brad.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I think if you are a returning customer (bought something in the past) or are known by the staff (as a racer or friend) you are good to go.
    And this is the type of problem I was alluding to in my previous post. I still can't recommend people to Land Air because while Brad has done a lot, I still get ignored every time I go in there. I don't buy things because they don't treat me well, and they don't treat me well because I don't buy things. I have spent a total of an hour and a half in there trying on helmets wanting to get a few questions answered (on two separate occasions, very ready to buy the first time, on the fence about buying the second time), but I couldn't even get somebody to make eye contact never mind try to help. I did receive much better service last time I was at the parts counter, but since I don't own a Suzuki anymore I have little need for the parts guys.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '90 Yamaha XT350

I've been avoiding Land Air for quite some time because the feeling I kept getting when I went there was that they thought they were doing me a favor by letting me shop there. Not cool, especially when Cyclewise is willing to bend over backwards for their customers.

But that said, I know Brad has been putting in a great deal of effort, and I was also just told recently that they're offering a good selection of KTMs now, not just the pure dirtbikes, so I'll definitely give them another shot.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

And this is the type of problem I was alluding to in my previous post. I still can't recommend people to Land Air because while Brad has done a lot, I still get ignored every time I go in there. I don't buy things because they don't treat me well, and they don't treat me well because I don't buy things. I have spent a total of an hour and a half in there trying on helmets wanting to get a few questions answered (on two separate occasions, very ready to buy the first time, on the fence about buying the second time), but I couldn't even get somebody to make eye contact never mind try to help. I did receive much better service last time I was at the parts counter, but since I don't own a Suzuki anymore I have little need for the parts guys.
    maybe they didn't come help because they aren't properly trained to answer the questions they know they will get?

I personally don't like to be badgered by sales, but I sure as hell don't want somebody who knows less than me trying to "teach me" about a product as they talk out of their ass.

I've been once. The experience was sub par upstairs, and par downstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    maybe they didn't come help because they aren't properly trained to answer the questions they know they will get?

I personally don't like to be badgered by sales, but I sure as hell don't want somebody who knows less than me trying to "teach me" about a product as they talk out of their ass.

I've been once. The experience was sub par upstairs, and par downstairs.
    You are thinking about Roadside... Land Air doesn't have a downstairs. (That I know of; maybe that is where Brad keeps all the hot chicks, booze and rare bikes)

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

You are thinking about Roadside... Land Air doesn't have a downstairs. (That I know of; maybe that is where Brad keeps all the hot chicks, booze and rare bikes)
    there's a difference?

I will just go back to living in the middle of nowhere and fixing my bikes with a hammer and hemp twine.

Well, let's not turn this is into another bash land air thread, there are enough of those!

Haha yeah Kitt, I think you may be thinking of roadside! That might explain why when you asked for the kid that races the r6 they had no idea what you were talking about.

Anyway, I am bummed to hear about some of your bad experiences, especially if they've been recent. Only I can take responsibility for that. And land air is more than just a job to me, so I do take it very personally and seriously.

In terms of customers being ignored...admittedly it has been an ongoing issue and it's certainly being addressed. Our policy is to greet every customer walking through the door, even if the employee is currently with someone else. Just say hi, and let them know we'll be with em shortly. I know this doesn't always happen. Sometimes the weather gets nice and we get slammed and it becomes more difficult. It's not an excuse, just an explanation of why it may have happened. Still doesn't make it right, and it is something we are actively working on. Trust me, staffing at a powersports dealership can be tricky!

Now if you get ignored while we are completely dead....well there is no excuse and thats 100% unaccpetable.

And Keith, I am truly bummed to hear this. I'm to blame for this as well as helmets fall under the parts department, not the sales department... and we don't have an accessories dept.

Anyway, again not an excuse but sometimes customers do seem to dissappear into that back left corner of our shop, where we house the helmets. It's difficult to see if there is a customer back there from the parts dept.... usually sales will give us a heads up, but I don't know, they may have been busy. I honestly don't have a good answer for you. I can say that i'm in the process of moving all the helmets to the front of the store to avoid future issues. Already have all the half and three quarter helmets up there, just have to tackle the bigger task of bringing up all the full faces.

Again, I apologize, definitely my bad. If it is anything you still need help with, hit me up, I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to helmets.

Well... despite all of our flaws, we still have this!

Thanks Land Air VT-rc8rblack-jpg

I should have taken that foot in the door job when I had the chance

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

For me it's enough that you guys are clearly trying. It will keep bringing me back into the store, at least occasionally.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '90 Yamaha XT350

I started this thread to give land air props, so I hope it stays positive. At least you guys that have had negative experiences in the past got some feedback, and maybe you'll give them another shot.

That rc8 is rediculous. I wanna fuck it.

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f

Littering and........

For me it's enough that you guys are clearly trying. It will keep bringing me back into the store, at least occasionally.
    Since there is someone from this site working there who has acknowledged that there was an issue, I'll be more inclined to give them another try.

Been a long time customer, certainly have seen some of the issues. In fact spoke to the owner a few years back regarding the "Ignoring, seemingly doing you a favor" attitude.
    He recognized it and took some actions and it has improved. Can it improve more? Of course and I'm sure they will. Brad has definitely made a difference.

Don't be a stranger here Doug...

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by darkduc7 View Post
    I started this thread to give land air props, so I hope it stays positive.
    Agreed -- they've had their issues in the past, but it's great that Brad and others are working hard to change that. I give them a lot of credit for identifying their issues and addressing them.

That rc8 is rediculous. I wanna fuck it.
    Hmm. Now I'm a little scared of what I might find if I ever go over to your garage... :-P

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Don't be a stranger here Doug...
    Only have so much time on the grave yard shift to play around on the internet...oops I think I hear the boss coming

Goodbye wife, hello bike! Father Ribs's Avatar

There is no basement at the Alamo.