Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cycles 128

Jay, WRS Co-Founder

Re: Cycles 128

At least they are consistently horrible.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

I Put a bike on deposit $500.00 at 128 (the acutual KTM that dollar bill has) While waiting for it to come in I broke my collarbone and really did not need another bike. Called them up and they said no Problem and refunded my card the same day.

I got no Beef

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose441 View Post
    I Put a bike on deposit $500.00 at 128 (the acutual KTM that dollar bill has) While waiting for it to come in I broke my collarbone and really did not need another bike. Called them up and they said no Problem and refunded my card the same day.

I got no Beef
    Cause you put it on the card. I can guarantee it would not have been that easy if you gave them or any other dealership CASH$

If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
    Cause you put it on the card. I can guarantee it would not have been that easy if you gave them or any other dealership CASH$
    It is what it is.

I always Make deposits by Amex if there is a problem They will get the money back.

But I cant fault the dealership for what they would of ,could of, done

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose441 View Post
    It is what it is.

I always Make deposits by Amex if there is a problem They will get the money back.

But I cant fault the dealership for what they would of ,could of, done
    And you are a very smart man for doing it that way. I have to agreee with you on this.

If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

On the flip, I got screwed by their sales dept post-sale (2005?).
    Lied to by the sales guy, given the finger by the sales manager when I called them on being slimy, etc. It took a couple of months and Honda of America's involvement to get them to listen... All over an $80 (MSRP) part that was supposed to come with the new bike I had just bought there.

As a result I'll never buy a quart of oil from them.... and I own a KTM too. I'm much happier sending my money to Cliff's or Freedom Cycle... both of which put Cycles128 TO SHAME in terms of customer service/treatment.

Isolated incidents I can ignore, but it seems to be there are a lot of these types of gripes out there.

Am I out in front picketing the store? No. Will I tell others of my experiences with them in the hopes of saving them from getting screwed too? Bet your ass.

Posting Freak

Hey john, just wondering if the rest of the cycles crew know about this thread.... and.... well.... does it help them realize that most of them are viewed this way? I know you understand where we are all coming from...

a huge part of sales is word of mouth, and it seems like this is hurting them big time. sorry to read all these stories from upset customers and poor customer service.

has anyone tried to visit the owner? i'm sure he/she would like to hear how his business is being run by his employees.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Posting Freak

Well, like I said earlier, john and chris (im chalking up to me and john as a miscommunication of two morons not talking to each other) are not "the norm" up @ cycles. I still would be fearful of purchasing anything there since if it was defective/not right, past experiences tell me it would not be honored by them. Do I think if Chris C. had known about my issue would it have ended differently? hard to tell, he helped me once before but had words with the manager b/c of it. Would I buy a bike from John? Absolutely, but again being fearful of warranty work/after sales issues...

So, to sum it up... John and Chris seem alright.... but the rest of the dealership would make me fearful of any transactions, too bad b/c they are both good shits that deserve the support of a better dealership network behind them.

-Nick

I needed exhaust gaskets once that they had at another dealership of theirs. I was told they would be in around 9am the next day, which is good because I had to be up at the dragway later that night. 9 am comes around and I call them, and the gaskets were not there. 12pm comes around and I call again, still not there. 2 pm comes around and I pay a visist, still not here. Well wtf, the truck has to be coming soon. I wait for 2 hours and still no truck. I offer to go to the other dealership in Arlington, to pick up my gaskets personally. No i can't do that I'm told. Well why the fuck not? I paid for them yesterday, they are mine. I need them right now! Still I can not pick them up. I go home pissed and finally at 5:50, I get a call telling me,
    Parts Douchebag- "Mike your gaskets are in."
    Me-"alright, I'm on my way right now to pick them up"
    Parts Douchebag- "where you coming from?"
    me- "peabody"
    Parts Douchebag- "we close in 10 minutes, you won't make it in time"
    me- "put them in the mail box I need them, tonight!"
    Parts Douchebag- I can't do that.
    me- "well I'm certainly gonna try to be there in time"

SO pretty much drive at insane speeds and make it with a minute to spare, what usually is a 20 minute drive I cut in half. But none the less I was pretty pissed as to how everything went down. And by the time I did have the gaskets and everything on the bike, the races already started so I had to miss them. I will not buy anything from cycles 128 either.

Quote Originally Posted by imkindafkedup View Post
    I needed exhaust gaskets once that they had at another dealership of theirs. I was told they would be in around 9am the next day, which is good because I had to be up at the dragway later that night. 9 am comes around and I call them, and the gaskets were not there. 12pm comes around and I call again, still not there. 2 pm comes around and I pay a visist, still not here. Well wtf, the truck has to be coming soon. I wait for 2 hours and still no truck. I offer to go to the other dealership in Arlington, to pick up my gaskets personally. No i can't do that I'm told. Well why the fuck not? I paid for them yesterday, they are mine. I need them right now! Still I can not pick them up. I go home pissed and finally at 5:50, I get a call telling me,
    Parts Douchebag- "Mike your gaskets are in."
    Me-"alright, I'm on my way right now to pick them up"
    Parts Douchebag- "where you coming from?"
    me- "peabody"
    Parts Douchebag- "we close in 10 minutes, you won't make it in time"
    me- "put them in the mail box I need them, tonight!"
    Parts Douchebag- I can't do that.
    me- "well I'm certainly gonna try to be there in time"

SO pretty much drive at insane speeds and make it with a minute to spare, what usually is a 20 minute drive I cut in half. But none the less I was pretty pissed as to how everything went down. And by the time I did have the gaskets and everything on the bike, the races already started so I had to miss them. I will not buy anything from cycles 128 either.
    Mike, I'm LMAO right now!!! "Parts duchebag" LOL

Hey, at least Im no parts douchebag....I just a sales douchebag....

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Hey, at least Im no parts douchebag....I just a sales douchebag....
    LOL..it's good that you can at least laugh about it!

I got my 2001 Bandit from them. It was a good price, and beyond them dicking me around when the bike would be ready (finally got free delivery to Somerville out of it), didn't have any issues with it. Still riding the bike today.

Unfortunately, the issues that have been voiced here seem epidemic to the whole chain of stores that are associated with Cycles128, Greater Boston Motorsports and Parkway Cycles. Ordering Parts, Service Issues, sleazy salesmen who don't like to give back a deposit, etc...

I do have to say that when I bought my bike, the Sales Manager at Parkway yelled at me (in a nice way) because I didn't give him a chance to beat them on the price. But, I doubt even he's still around.

You are all a bunch of whiny bitches...

I've had good luck dealing with someone... don't remember who - taller dude in the parts section.

Gave me shit for riding while wearing mesh pants - the whole melting mesh into leg thing - point taken... I was having a stupid squidly day... it was friendly shit too - the kind of chiding that actually gets you to acknowledge that you're being a dumbass without pissing you off.

Has helped me out with buying both parts for the dirtbike, street bike, and apparel. It's all 'over-priced' (higher than internet cost) but its comparable with other stores in the area and since I'm hopelessly lost when buying things its nice to having someone who knows what they're doing giving me info.

Theres a real short spunky little dude there too that was helpful when I bought my helmet and bike cover.

Being a chick may be helpful in getting good service so my experiences may not hold much for others here.

Quote Originally Posted by elissama101 View Post
    Being a chick may be helpful in getting good service so my experiences may not hold much for others here.
    theres the key, everyone be sure to have your wives/gf's/hookers buy your gear and bikes for ya

"Chatbox...It's like Vegas, for your fingers."

Originally Posted by CBR_Knight
    in my own thread, let me post this:
    first of all, nothing about sex or play with a female seems interesting or arousing to me....

"BALLS" is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say "you're next!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123