Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Cycles 128 Sucks Again

Re: Cycles 128 Sucks Again

Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post
    i'm not choosing sides but..... sounds like you guys may need to hire more help?
    to do what keep people from walking in and asking the tech to use his tools?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    jim

"Molon labe"

Posting Freak

I love the poop John.... is the word "shit" gonna get me in trouble w/ the admins? damn it

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL View Post
    Sorry John I am a bigger fan of one sided stories,

They are more entertaining.

You know there is three sides to every story right?

In this case there is
    Melissas side
    Cycle 128s side
    and the Correct side

Each person makes the other out to be more of the bad guy. Ive never been to Cycles 128 but I do know John. Always had a good time with him. The problem here is a negative experience always travels much further then a positive one. Im bet if the tech came out checked the battery and said it needs to be replaced there wouldnt have been one post about it. It sucks but its how people are.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    That sounds like a pretty reasonable level of customer service to me? I certainly wouldn't be dragging a dealership/mechanic through the mud on the internet if they told me they'd test my battery for free as long as I removed it from the bike and brought it to them. Hell, I've done this before in the parking lot. Takes just a few minutes using the toolkit that comes with every bike. I guess I don't see the problem here.
    Why take the battery out of the bike if it can be tester through the tender without doing so?

Original

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    That sounds like a pretty reasonable level of customer service to me? I certainly wouldn't be dragging a dealership/mechanic through the mud on the internet if they told me they'd test my battery for free as long as I removed it from the bike and brought it to them. Hell, I've done this before in the parking lot. Takes just a few minutes using the toolkit that comes with every bike. I guess I don't see the problem here.
    So is it unreasonable to have someone walk 20 feet to a bike and touch a multimeter to an exposed lead?

Is it reasonable for you to assume that melissa knows how to remove her battery?

Is it reasonable to say you can tell more about the battery and charging system by testing it while it's in the bike?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Hi, Im John. I work at Cycles128. Upon seeing this thread today I went over to the service department to ask about this. I would like to paint a picture as to how it was look at from this side. Keep in mind this dealerhsip sells approx 150 to 200 units (bikes, watercraft, ATV's, etc.) per month. Each one of those has to go through the service dept for prep, repair, etc. In addition to the ones we sell, the service dept has hundreds of their own customers per month who bring in their bike for servicing. Then they also have the thousands of people per year that need a state inspection sticker. The point Im making is that there isnt too much free time or just hanging around time.

So, Melissa, as you state you believe your battery is junk, and had to jump start your bike. OK, you should have it tested. A multimeter costs all of $12, but not everyone is expected to have one, so ok. You and your group ride into Cycles128 and park the bikes. Some guy from your 'group' walkes directly into the employee only technician area, interupts a tech and asks to borrow a multimeter. What? Who are you? Then you yourself deal with Dave Nugent, who is the service department manager. Dave is a California style completely relaxed type of guy who I have never heard raise his voice or be sarcastic or rude in any way. Its just not him. Me? Im as sarcastic as anyone. Dave? No. So at this point you want this service department, who I remind you works on hundreds of bikes a month, to stop what they are doing, take your bike in, remove the battery, put it on the tester, all for free? And in only 15 seconds as you state. You are offered to have us do it, but its not free. You are also given a 'quick self check' option to see if the charging system is working by watching if the headlight gets brighter when you rev it, that means the charging system is working.

1. Do you go into a car dealer with your car and ask to use their tools?
    2. Do you ask and electrican or plumber to use his tools?

And if they let you do you ask them to stop their current job and help you? For free?
    I read every word of this and think your shop failed...worse then that is you defending them. 128 will never get my business, mostly because you're defending them.

some customers are easy, some require effort. There were 100 different ways to handle this situation..your shop chose a route that left a customer unsatisfied. bad form no matter how YOU spin it....your lazy ass californian service department mangager should have walked out side himself and dealt with the situation...

"free" is a relavtive term..she said she spent thousands there and was going to buy a battery from you if it was bad..

guess what...if it is bad..you lose business...she goes else where..

guess what else...you are wasting your time and energy defending the piss poor c/s you shop gave to a memeber here....your shop has lost business

and you've also solidified anyone choice not to patronize your shop...this is not the first thread about 128 cycles

you can sit here and blame us for overacting, say she was an unresonable customer....whatever....but this is human nature.....

ask your cool dude service manager if he thinks 10mins out of his day was worth this aggrivation....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Whatever. How does the tech afford to buy his $350 multimeter? By working and helping. Not by loaning it out to some guy.
    you just dont get it

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ff36buell View Post
    I love the poop John.... is the word "shit" gonna get me in trouble w/ the admins? damn it
    Fuck no! What?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

10min of a tech's time, 10mm wrench and a multimeter probably would have avoided this entire thread and had a customer leave happy...and who knows...you could have sold a battery and teh labor to install it...

Last edited by bigred875; 03-19-09 at 12:14 PM.

Everybody to the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    Is it reasonable to say you can tell more about the battery and charging system by testing it while it's in the bike?
    You can tell more about the charging system, since you'll see the voltage that the stator is putting out while the bike is running. To test the battery you really need to put a load on it, even a very weak battery will read ~12V without a load.

As for the rest, yes, it does seem reasonable to me. Maybe not exceptional, I might not be posting the praises of Cycles 128. But I wouldn't be bashing them publicly either.

Lifer

Is turning on the bike without starting it and watching the drop a sufficient load?

I tyhink we're up to about 35 seconds of service.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    10min of a tech's time, 10mm wrench and a multimeter probably would have avoided this entire thread and had a customer leave happy...and who knows...you could have sold a battery and teh labor to install it...
    As well as a '...coupla thousand dollars...' more quite possibly...

I bring my truck or the Caddy to the dealer for an issue, it's in the shop within 15 minutes - they guarantee that quickly. No phone call needed. THAT'S service!

Hi, Im John. I work at Cycles128. Upon seeing this thread today I went over to the service department to ask about this. I would like to paint a picture as to how it was look at from this side. Keep in mind this dealerhsip sells approx 150 to 200 units (bikes, watercraft, ATV's, etc.) per month. Each one of those has to go through the service dept for prep, repair, etc. In addition to the ones we sell, the service dept has hundreds of their own customers per month who bring in their bike for servicing. Then they also have the thousands of people per year that need a state inspection sticker. The point Im making is that there isnt too much free time or just hanging around time.

So, Melissa, as you state you believe your battery is junk, and had to jump start your bike. OK, you should have it tested. A multimeter costs all of $12, but not everyone is expected to have one, so ok. You and your group ride into Cycles128 and park the bikes. Some guy from your 'group' walkes directly into the employee only technician area, interupts a tech and asks to borrow a multimeter. What? Who are you? Then you yourself deal with Dave Nugent, who is the service department manager. Dave is a California style completely relaxed type of guy who I have never heard raise his voice or be sarcastic or rude in any way. Its just not him. Me? Im as sarcastic as anyone. Dave? No. So at this point you want this service department, who I remind you works on hundreds of bikes a month, to stop what they are doing, take your bike in, remove the battery, put it on the tester, all for free? And in only 15 seconds as you state. You are offered to have us do it, but its not free. You are also given a 'quick self check' option to see if the charging system is working by watching if the headlight gets brighter when you rev it, that means the charging system is working.

And if they let you do you ask them to stop their current job and help you? For free?
    This post says it all.

You just don't get it.

This post is purely anti-consumerism.

You've just told everyone here, and everyone who reads this thread, in your own words, the customer is clearly NOT first at Cycles 128. It would have honestly been better if you didn't post at all.

It doesn't even matter what industry you're in, as a business, you need to provide solutions, NOT make excuses for crappy service no matter how the situation is perceived.

...and to essentially bitch out the customer in your defense???

Wow.

You guys truly do suck.

That one little incident probably cost you guys tens of thousands of dollars, and generated a decent amount of "bad-will".

Everybody to the limit!

Is turning on the bike without starting it and watching the drop a sufficient load?
    I didn't think so, but honestly, I don't know. Maybe if the fuel pump is running?

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    I read every word of this and think your shop failed...worse then that is you defending them. 128 will never get my business, mostly because you're defending them.
    Awww, bigred, and to think you were my inspiration to watch the movie trailer park boys just cause of your avatar....

I am sorry that this happened. Would I like to change it? Completely.

Im I supposed to just sit here and keep my mouth shut when I see this thread spinning out of control with it titled 'Cycles 128 Sucks Again'??

Its just not me to sit here and ignore it. Especailly when I have heard both sides, unlike everyone untill I posted...

Melissa, sorry. I wish I could have helped. Didnt even know you were here.

I know its too late but let me know if I can help or change it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyGixxer View Post
    ...and to essentially bitch out the customer in your defense???
    Show me where I did this.

A
    Im I supposed to just sit here and keep my mouth shut when I see this thread spinning out of control with it titled 'Cycles 128 Sucks Again'??
    In all honesty, it probably woulda spun a lot less outta control if you just let it be...

...and just to be absolutely clear:

The answer to this question is a resounding YES.

...and if you don't understand why, and how that actually generates business, well, refer to post 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    In all honesty, it probably woulda spun a lot less outta control if you just let it be...
    Very true. But we are all adults and there has not been any childish name calling.

Why did I post at all? Like Union says above, there are always other sides to a story...

Lifer

Whatever. How does the tech afford to buy his $350 multimeter? By working and helping. Not by loaning it out to some guy.
    to backtrack a little, was this the $350 multimeter that the tech has, or the $12 one you previously mentioned? Is the $350 after markup?

Show me where I did this.
    No. So at this point you want this service department, who I remind you works on hundreds of bikes a month, to stop what they are doing, take your bike in, remove the battery, put it on the tester, all for free? And in only 15 seconds as you state. You are offered to have us do it, but its not free. You are also given a 'quick self check' option to see if the charging system is working by watching if the headlight gets brighter when you rev it, that means the charging system is working.

Right there.

How do YOU think the customer would feel upon reading such?

to backtrack a little, was this the $350 multimeter that the tech has, or the $12 one you previously mentioned? Is the $350 after markup?

Good one. And thanks! NO, $12 is what you and I can buy one for, the tech who got asked to borrow one has a $350 multimeter.

Awww, bigred, and to think you were my inspiration to watch the movie trailer park boys just cause of your avatar....

Its just not me to sit here and ignore it. Especailly when I have heard both sides, unlike everyone untill I posted...

Sir, I want to be unoffensive as possible.

..and this is for your benefit:

There is NO other side than hers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyGixxer View Post
    Right there.

How do YOU think the customer would feel upon reading such?
    Well then if you or anybody else considers that BITCHING A CUSTOMER OUT then we need to re-adjust a few things.

We gave her 2 options to solve her problem, she decided to take option 3 and post about it on the internet.

hey a good movie is a good movie...they had a tv show for awhile too..if you havent seen it, you want too...i think netflix has it now...

please dont take anything i say about your business personal...you are cool in my book..we just have a disagreement on c/s you shop provides

I think it sucks you have to come on here and defend your shop...but maybe instead of lashing out you could have had a one-on-one with the service manager and try explaining to him the results of not helping that difficult customer.

no one likes to work for free...but in situations like this you have to remember all $ you made from teh rich customer that come in and blow $10k everytime they walk in the door.

You need that difficult customer to tell the rich guy were to buy his bikes....