Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

CycleWise

CycleWise

bought a helmet from these guys at the Burlington bike show last weekend and was pleased with them so far, the transaction on my debit card went through on the 15th and then they ran it AGAIN on Thursday so now my bank account went negative because they charged me twice for the freaking helmet and i got whacked with 3 overdraft fees at $30 a pop... I found this out this morning and of course they are closed on Sunday and Monday (like every bike shop) and i am out a good chunk of change so far with no way to use my account now without getting more overdraft fees.... Started a dispute with the bank, but they say it could take 10 business days to resolve

so now i get to go through until payday on Friday with -$87 in the account and no way to use any $...

Rant over...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: CycleWise

That is why I use cash

Unofficial self proclaimed official NESR plumber.

"Ah shit son, datz be a Ducati!"-Random kid in Methuen.

Quote Originally Posted by BCT748 View Post
    That is why I use cash
    yeah, if only we had known we would be buying gear.....

what a nuisance

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

That is why I use cash
    yeah, but the debit card is easier than a trip to an ATM in an unfamiliar area...until this morning at least.

It would be a different story if i wasn't keeping $ tight in the accounts so we can move and buy a house in 8 days...

Quote Originally Posted by reiobard View Post

It would be a different story if i wasn't keeping $ tight in the accounts so we can move and buy a house in 8 days...
    Got me there.

I used to work for a company that one of the owners bankrupted because he siphoned off a bunch of money to his personal account so he could get a loan on some property.

That sucks, but it happens. I dealt with a lot of credit card issues with my former employer, and I saw quite a variety of weird stuff happen. My personal favorite was a charge showing up on my debit card in an amount not matching any legit transaction (I had bought lunch that day, but the amount was different, and the lunch charge showed up)...and the charge didn't show up in the point-of-sale records at all.

When we talked to the credit card processing company, the short answer was, "yeah, sometimes stuff like that happens."

I also saw plenty of double-charges, mostly due to computer system bugs (as well as a few triple-charges due to the same). In any case where the multi-chargee got in touch with us and provided documentation of overdraft fees, etc, we did reimburse them for those fees (as well as refunding the errant charge). It does royally suck while you're effectively frozen out of your money, though. I'd hope that CycleWise would be able to provide the same sort of assistance (i.e. refunding the errant charge and either working with your bank to reverse the charges or reimbursing you for them).

Oh, and I almost never use my debit card for purchases, for those reasons (and the potential for the number to get used fraudulently and the money to then be missing from my checking account); instead, I put just about everything on my Amex and pay it off each month.

the thing that is weird is that the first charge was entered on the 13th and the 2nd was the 19th. some knucklehead forgot that they ran it and ran it again...

the thing that sucks the most is that they are freaking closed until tuesday...

I have dealt with Cyclewise all season, they are a fantastic group and I'm sure this will be resolved as soon as possible. Having worked for an online business for four years, which included online debit and credit transactions, I saw the authorizing agent and debit/credit companies make their fair share of mistakes. It is actually shocking how many steps there are in a transaction like that and it could be an issue anywhere along the line.

I will send an email in case they are checking on their off day and apologize for these issues you are experiencing. Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

Wow - that is bullshit.

Good luck with resolving

We don't mean to trash-talk CycleWise. They seemed to be very nice people and willing to help out. It was more of an awareness that this happened and for everyone who may have purchased items at an event in the recent past should double check their bank accounts to make sure similar things didn't happen to them. Mistakes happen, it was just the worst timing ever for this to happen for us.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

yea another thing to keep in mind is when certain companies have more than one card of yours on file....even when you tell them which one to charge they don't always seem to follow directions. I had about $2000 charged to the wrong card and overdrew my account, ended up using the right card to pay that off because they were taking forever to refund/fix the situation, then they refunded a THIRD card I didn't even know they had on file....ugh. It was like a 3 month ordeal that left me dead broke for about a week and half.

I spoke with Tamara at Cyclewise and they are working very diligently to get this taken care of. I am very please with their responsiveness, they refunded the money first thing when they got there Tuesday morning, just waiting for it to hit my account.

Mistakes happen and i understand that, How a company deals with them is a sign of how good of a company it is. I am pleased with the resolution.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by reiobard View Post
    I spoke with Tamara at Cyclewise and they are working very diligently to get this taken care of. I am very please with their responsiveness, they refunded the money first thing when they got there Tuesday morning, just waiting for it to hit my account.

Mistakes happen and i understand that, How a company deals with them is a sign of how good of a company it is. I am pleased with the resolution.

-Rob
    Did they refund your overdraft fees too?

They should.

they had me fax my bank statement to them yesterday and said that they would take care of those too.

Luckily the bank only pinged me with 2 overdraft fees even though the lady at the bank told me on the phone that there would be 3... I'll keep you all posted, but things are moving and they are doing their best to take care of it, which is all that i can ask.