Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Kobe Pro Racing gloves

Kobe Pro Racing gloves

It’s been about three weeks since I received my Kobe Pro Racing gloves from 1888FASTLAP.com and I have to say, these gloves are of excellent build quality, initial comfort and a great compliment to my Kobe Misano 1 pc.

Even though Kobe is not quite a “household name” like Vanson or Alpinestars might be, the way these gloves are built are on par or better than most of the higher-priced gloves I’ve seen…even the gloves that are a few hundred dollars more.

Initial break-in was questionable in the sense that the gloves were ultra-stiff right out of the packaging. I wondered how long it would be…how many hours of riding it would take before they started forming to my hands. Truth be told, the answer is “not that long”. I have used them for one real test ride but found them to be very usable still given the newness of the materials. Since the test ride, I’ve primarily been wearing them around the house and for driving to help speed the break-in process along for my trip to VIR.

One thing I’ve definitely noticed so far is how much feel remains, especially in the finger areas, even after the tanning, installation of the memory foam (yes, memory foam) and sewn-in liner. Now, I don’t want to imply that the leather quality is low or perhaps thin…that is not the case. The preparation and thickness of the leather is top notch, IMO and the palm rivets are not intrusive at all. The only time I remember they exist is when they “click” against a given surface.

I was initially worried about the rivets on the palm but, after some research, found out they do indeed have a function which is to keep a rider’s hands from “catching” on the pavement in the event of a hand slide. Just to note, some of the popular high end gloves feature palm rivets as well.

If you’re in the market for leather products, definitely look into Kobe. I currently own two items from their product line and I have not been let down by the quality of not only the materials, but the way everything is stitched together. The prices seem to be very fair and the build quality is excellent.

With proper care, there is no doubt in my mind that my Misano suit and Pro Racing gloves are going to last for many years.

1888FASTLAP.com is apparently the only US distributor of the Kobe product line and I’ve had excellent dealings with them so far.

Here are a few pics of the gloves. I just don’t think the online pics do them much justice.

Pic 1- Inside, palm down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: Kobe Pro Racing gloves

I need another update.

From the looks they remind me of my Deathrage/Motophorias that have now closed shop. I need to replace them soon.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    I need another update.

From the looks they remind me of my Deathrage/Motophorias that have now closed shop. I need to replace them soon.
    +1

Paul, how about another review after almost 4 months of wearing.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Sorry about the delay. 4th of July weekend......

Although I don't have current pictures, the gloves are holding up very well and are now very comfortable and flexible. They are at the point where I'm the only person that can wear them with true comfort. The materials have taken form to every detail of my hands including the creases in my thumbs and fingers.
    Other than looking broken in, the leather currently shows no signs of wear and none of the seams have separated or are in need of repair. However, there is a small section of some accent piping along the inside of the index finger where a few threads have been pulled back. That has been like that for quite some time and does not appear to be getting worse...I'll eventually repair it if I see it getting worse.

These gloves have been very good so far. They have decent ventillation in between the fingers. If they get wet, they dry in a reasonable amount of time and initial break-in is about 2 full days of wearing them. Fully breaking-in the leather and memory foam to the point they are at now took a bit longer than I anticipated, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I cannot gauge the exact time it took as we had limited warm days when I first got these gloves. If I were to put a gauge on it, I'd call it 2000 street-miles to get to the level of comfort and flexibility they are at now.

Once I kill these gloves, I'm going to want another pair. In the mean time I end up might getting a 2nd pair just to have.

Totally worth the $118 shipped.

I'll get some current pics later.

Their Dragon Breeze jacket is a very good quality jacket also.

I gave it to a friend that had no gear and couldn't afford it at the time. I will definitely buy another one.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride would do.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Looking to get my third pair.......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo Where did they go????????????????

any have new Medium's they are looking to sell???

Last edited by nt650hawk; 11-22-13 at 10:09 AM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Covered on wera recently ... search under General.

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

OP- do you shave your arms or something??

Never noticed that but, no, I do not.