Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Land Air Honda/Suzuki in Essex, VT

Thumbs down Land Air Honda/Suzuki in Essex, VT

Thats it for me folks. I refuse to go there any more. Today was the last straw and the have lost my business forever.

In the years that I have been riding, I have continually tried to use Land/Air and give them opportunities to come through for me and for other people.

Out of the 2 dozen or so times that I have gone into their dealership over the past 4 years, I have come away satisfied maybe 3 or 4 times. Those three or for times, it was for buying simple items such as oil or a filter, and once for tire changing. Other times that I have gone in there, I have spent an inordinate amount of time waiting for someone to get off the phone so I can be helped. And when they do get off the phone and attempt to help you, its with short, meaningless answers from assholes that act like they have better things to do than to help you out. God forbid I actually had wanted to spend money to support their business because I would usually end up walking out of there and going to Roadside or Cyclewise.

Today I walked in to get my rear tire swapped over. Tire and rim in hand, would have taken 15 minutes to do, tops. I go to the service desk and saw that there were three people waiting for help at the parts desk with the two parts guys at compuers. I look out back towards the service area and see two techs just standing around. I approach the desk and ask the guy at the counter "Can I get a tire changed over?" Asshole immediately responds with "not a chance". I glance over to the garage area again and still see the two guys standing there. I ask "Really?" and asshole again responds with "you can leave it and we may get it done by tomorrow" and resumes clicking on his computer.

I stood there dumbfounded for a second, said thank you, and walked out the door for the last time. Got no response, no explanation, no sorry we can't do that for you because we're busy...absolutely nothing. I'm not the type of person who is pushy is this respect. No tirade or scene needs to be made because I feel like people who run a business should actually want a good business. To me, that means good customer service. I've been in garage service before and I have never treated anyone as shitty as I've been treated these past few times I've gone in there.

Well, enough is enough. I feel like i'm flogging a dead horse. I can give you more examples similar today where there is just no respect shown towards me and/or other customers that I have witnessed. Land Air doesn't exist to me any more. If someone decides to burn it down and build a new dealership with new staff, let me know, otherwise, you'll never seem me set foot in that place again.

rant: off

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Land Air Honda/Suzuki in Essex, VT

I walked in there and asked a relatively simple question once. I walk up to the parts counter, and nobody says anything to me. The parts guy is flipping through a parts book, so I just stand there waiting, not wanting to interrupt him. Without looking up he says "yeah?" in the most annoyed manner possible. I ask if they have whatever I'm looking for (don't remember what it was), and all I get is "no". No suggestions on where I might be able to find it, no apology, no offer to order it. And then he just walks away.

Now compare that to Roadside. I walk in needing a lock washer for my SV. He goes out back for a few minutes digging around until he finds one that matches up. No complaining, no terse one word answers, just a willingness to help me find what I need and have me leave satisfied. I went in for a tire change as well, and even though they were busy, they still were happy to take it and got it done in under a half hour.

I went to Land Air last week to see what sport bikes they might have left over. Not only did I not see anything but an '05 RC51, not one person said boo to me. I won't be going back either.

You're preaching to the choir here.

See this thread.

Or this one.

Or this one.

I like this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Land/Air Suzuki in Vermont.... ...should actually be called Land of Assholes", which would be a much more accurate description.
    Anyway, I actively boycott them.

They've treated me the same way quite a few times. I refuse to give them a cent and if I need something Honda-specific, I buy it online.

I support local business but not in this case.

Last edited by catamount; 09-29-09 at 03:17 PM.

Littering and........

I'm with....well pretty much everyone else on this thread.

I cant tell you how many times I went there, cash in hand, ready to make a purchase, and walked out pissed off.

They really are a bunch of utter jackasses. They make a long ass drive to Middlebury to see the guys a Cyclewise completely worth it.

Hey Chris did you hear us ride by on saturday? :

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i feel very similar about Depot Honda in Rye. ive only been in there a handful of times but i always walk out of there aggravated about the experience. i dont own a Honda, Kawasaki, polaris or anything else they sell so im usually in there for basic stuff. cargo net, honda polish etc. i usually grab the item and then i get to stand at an empty counter for 10 min. i timed it once 14min i stood there.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

The only thing I ever go to Land Air for is oil filters for my Suzuki and my Honda. I only do that because Cyclewise is too far away to swing by there at lunch.

I wish Roadside would pick up Honda, Cyclewise would pick up KTM, and Land Air would go out of business.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Land of Assholes..haha, awesome!

ROADSIDE MARINE is my choice. All those guys in there rock! Be it Jamie, Mike, Dan or whoever works the parts/service desk, they HELP a guy out each and every time.

I like my cool old bike. Ericthejet's Avatar

Cyclewise now sells Ducati.

Yet another shitty experience at Land / Air. After swearing to boycott the place forever, I found myself driving by and in need of a tube.

Not until I got home did I realize that they sold me the WRONG TUBE.

After returning this incorrect tube, I shall restart my lifetime ban on Land / Air in Essex, VT.

roadside is always my choice in town, theyre great. cyclewise has impressed me as of late, since now they sell ducati and ive made it down there.

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Don and the gang have always done me right but I always call 1st.

I hate reading that you guys have bad experiences there.

TIMMYDUCK

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYDUCK View Post
    Don and the gang have always done me right but I always call 1st.

I hate reading that you guys have bad experiences there.
    I gave up on them 9 years ago. Worst service ever.....

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

...and dealers wonder why we buy stuff online. Fuck `em.

I heard they had batteries in stock for $50, bought one and got a filter while I was there. No issues. ( I honestly hated going in there but I figure I have to post that my experience was OK)

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Goodbye wife, hello bike! Father Ribs's Avatar

Seeing as they've been mentioned a few times but it's been a while, I have to uphold past impressions.

Last year being my first as a rider and having not having a mentor, I went here for some minor repairs and one or two trips to look at the inventory and pick up some minor items.

I literally walked the entire floor, checked out half the bikes, doodled around the luggage and helmets, clothes, etc. Not once did either of the two guys at sales desks even make eye contact, let alone ask if I needed anything. I bought a cover and had some keys made, and the impression I got was that I was putting them out, and that they would rather stop in the middle of my transaction to start chatting with a friend standing next to them.

Knowing better now, the repair desk guy could have mentioned tapping my peg with a deadblow hammer rather than the ridiculous amount of money to have it replaced there. I get that they are there to make money, but a good businessman would tip you off to that and earn a ton of goodwill and future sales. They had my bike for over two weeks (this in Sept or Oct...), so I finally called them to see what was taking getting a peg replaced and the fluids updated so long and it turns out the bike was done...they just couldn't bother to call me.

I won't grace their door again.

Roadside has consistantly been a pleasant experience. The staff has always given me space to browse, but as soon as I make eye contact with a salesperson or ask a question, I get HELP. I had a guy help me for who knows how long, over multiple trips, trying on half the jackets and pants, gloves, etc. Gave me good information and pulled out a lot of stuff for me to try out. Everyone has been pleasant and I felt like they were there to help me, rather than I was being an annoyance or keeping them from smoking a bowl.

I just wish they were open Mondays, as I work the IBM night/weekend shift.