Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Landrics

Re: Landrics

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Thread was removed. If anyone tries to plug him on NESR again, they will be removed as well.

We do not tolerate scammers or people who continue to try to skirt our rules which exist to protect members from nefarious business practices.
    Honestly, not sure the poster knew the history of landrick. Pretty sure I know who he is and is a stand up guy. Probably just put it up to inform people of the belly pans.

Just saying.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Not going to lie, after being one of the only two riders at NEMRR at the start of the season with 'legal' bellypans, I'm curious to see what his theoretical setup looked like. Mine was an ugly hack, literally bolting a baking pan to the OEM plastic skidplate, Lee had a better one that he glassed up himself based on the same skid plate and a chinese food container.
    P3 Carbon makes a skid plate without any holes on the bottom. I used to run the plastic version. Wouldn't hold oil, but better than the other mx plates with a million holes and vents.

That coupled with oil foam you can buy from tusk would probably appease tech?

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Honestly, not sure the poster knew the history of landrick. Pretty sure I know who he is and is a stand up guy. Probably just put it up to inform people of the belly pans.

Just saying.
    Likely the case, but Rick has tried to have other people hawk his shit here before. So anything related him? It gets deleted. OP didn't get banned or an infraction or anything, because it quite likely could of been well intended.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

He is blowing up on facebook as well. Curious to see it play out from a few different places.
    I honestly wish him the best, but have my popcorn ready in case.
    I never had an interaction with him.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    P3 Carbon makes a skid plate without any holes on the bottom. I used to run the plastic version. Wouldn't hold oil, but better than the other mx plates with a million holes and vents.

That coupled with oil foam you can buy from tusk would probably appease tech?
    My original skid plate was the same, any holes blocked off, oil adsorbent foam, and closed cell foam gaskets between the plate and frame to form a holding reservoir under the engine.

This year they're actually enforcing a liquid holding capacity, 110% of the capacity of the bike by the book. Coolant and oil, but Grush's sample math only talks about oil volume so, interpret how you wish. The change in how they were enforcing the rule was announced about a month before the first round, enough special people complained that enforcement was pushed back to the upcoming 4th round. The 2022 version of my setup had the baking pan underneath, and I used a hole saw to open the skid plate to it, so that it has legal holding capacity and some baffling to keep sloshes from escaping. It could hold the bike up on a lift stand, but if I tried picking the bike up and setting it on a stand I'd inevitably load a corner or edge and crumple the pan a bit, so not 'perfect'.

Last edited by Kurlon; 07-21-22 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    I can tell you that a one of the only positive posts in this thread was not updated as the outcome was not so much positive.
    ???

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    ???
    read it again in Jack Sparrows voice!

Last edited by xrocket21; 07-22-22 at 07:44 AM.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

The change in how they were enforcing the rule was announced about a month before the first round, enough special people complained that enforcement was pushed back to the upcoming 4th round.
    While the announcement may have been made relatively late in the game for this season the motard folks should have seen this coming years and years ago and been proactive on their own. Motards were some of, if not the only, bikes allowed to race that didn't have to meet the belly pan rules everyone else has to meet for quite some time. Its not like the motard motors don't pop and oil/coolant the track (admittedly they have been better in the last few seasons). Though I understand the difficulty in meeting the rules short notice at the beginning of the season, the grace period until round 4 should have given people plenty of time to get something figured out.

My '06 Husqvarna 510SMR bikes have always had a Hyde skid plate with the holes blocked off installed when running on paved courses for this reason. Pretty sure it would have held the volume of oil in the motor, not sure on the oil and coolant combined. Sloshing would also have been a factor that wasn't truly addressed but some pig mat might have helped there.

Current rules in their new mangled form won't really do anything to stop a motard from oiling the track should one explode or crash, not that I can recall the last time a motard did oil the track. The reworded rules also mean any other bike that builds a pan to the letter of the rules will now also be much more likely to spill than before, its all dumb and part of a pattern this year. It's also no longer my problem.

But, no...seriously... is this a good belly pan to buy?

LRRS/CCS #66

Should I just stand by the gate Saturday morning with my ugly pan to see what the highest bidder will offer?

Should I just stand by the gate Saturday morning with my ugly pan to see what the highest bidder will offer?
    I was referring to landrics custom bellypans. Sorry, Josh.

I remember the days when people were using disposable turkey pans, so I can picture your monstrosity. Lol

LRRS/CCS #66

HORY CHIT! I'm hearing the going price for the Landrics pan is $400 for carbon, $350 for glass?!

Last edited by Kurlon; 07-25-22 at 03:24 PM.

HORY CHIT! I'm hearing the going price for the Landrics pan is $400 for carbon, $350 for glass?!
    probably trying to make all his money back on one guy. I had clamps made for my bike for not a lot more then that. Probably still a bunch of sets going around the race track.

James

If a solution that passes tech is as hard to come by as this thread makes it seem....I guess he's the only game in town?
    I remember buying a generic carbon one on eBay with foam and safety wiring it to the bottom of motard. Couldn't support a stand, which sucked. I just took a look on eBay and can't find it anymore.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    If a solution that passes tech is as hard to come by as this thread makes it seem....I guess he's the only game in town?
    I remember buying a generic carbon one on eBay with foam and safety wiring it to the bottom of motard. Couldn't support a stand, which sucked. I just took a look on eBay and can't find it anymore.
    Ya that was a garbage one. I had one of those. Pointless. I ended up with an ELine style skid plat that I modified to hold fluid. Doubt that will pass these days though. If you can't get the wheels off the ground then whats the point.

James

Landrics-278636698_2725384710935860_6090710311006520600_n-jpg

$35 in parts including the KTM OEM skid plate kit, new baking pan and fasteners. Works fine with my lift stand, won't take being angled onto a fixed stand though, and passed current tech. It wouldn't cost much to have a sturdier bolt up pan that could be adapted to most plastic skid plates welded up.

That actually looks a lot cleaner than I pictured in my head. Maybe you need to start knocking them out and selling them?

LRRS/CCS #66

We made a couple out of scrap aluminum for my and my brothers bikes. Landrics-pan-jpgLandrics-pan1-jpg

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Nice.

One of the good things about supermoto, they don't care about much. Lol

LRRS/CCS #66

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123