Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Looking for a good dealer south west of Worcester (Central South Mass).

Looking for a good dealer south west of Worcester (Central South Mass).

I live on the MA/CT boarder near where 84 and 90 connect. My street riding is mostly between Worcester, Hartford, & Providence, which is some nice country riding. I live off of 198 for those you you who know the area.

Question is, I can not find a good dealer / shop that is with in a 30 mile radius from my house. It is really annoying to have to order everything online and wait 3 to 7 days for it to be shipped. Not to mention paying shipping.

I just needed some Uni Foam oil for my ninja 250 and had to pay twice as much as I should because of shipping cost's.

Anyone else out there live, work, or ride in the area that know some good shops (besides Motorsports International in Auburn).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Looking for a good dealer south west of Worcester (Central South Mass).

You tried these guys yet?
    http://www.excaliburpowersports.com/
    Also check out on their site, they do a stunt night once a week during summer. I haven't been yet, but once it gets started up for this season I'll check it out at least once.
    FYI: Myself and some of the other RI guys like to head into CT in the Rt. 12,14, 169 area so keep us in mind if you want to meet up and teach us some of the sweet routes!

Do you work there?

Quote Originally Posted by KillBill View Post

I can highly recommend Flamingo Motorsports in Palmer (Kawasaki dealer). It's really close to exit 8 off the pike. I purchased my bike there over two years ago, and their parts and service departments have been one of the best I've ever used. Owned and run by a bunch of gearheads/racefans, they know their shit. Unfortunately I don't live near there anymore...

I was there once, but when I went to visit it was dead. It's up on a hill and I walked in, and it was like a ghost town. I guess that was about 3 years ago, might need to check it out again.

You just need to head a bit more north west. 197 is one of the better rides but it's short. 198 (where I live) and 169 are good too. I esp like riding nights.

Sometimes I go out at 10 PM and get back home about 1. Great time on a clear night.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles44 View Post
    You tried these guys yet?
    http://www.excaliburpowersports.com/
    Also check out on their site, they do a stunt night once a week during summer. I haven't been yet, but once it gets started up for this season I'll check it out at least once.
    FYI: Myself and some of the other RI guys like to head into CT in the Rt. 12,14, 169 area so keep us in mind if you want to meet up and teach us some of the sweet routes!

I forgot about them over there. I ride 20 over through Palmer sometimes but not as often as heading south. I did stop in once and they seemed pretty good. Never got to talk to the shop. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiSmurf650 View Post
    I can highly recommend Flamingo Motorsports in Palmer (Kawasaki dealer). It's really close to exit 8 off the pike. I purchased my bike there over two years ago, and their parts and service departments have been one of the best I've ever used. Owned and run by a bunch of gearheads/racefans, they know their shit. Unfortunately I don't live near there anymore...

The yamaha/triumph dealer in shrewsbury is ok. One day I went to both stores. The auburn store and then over to Shrewsbury. I saw the exact same helmet that I had bought at Street and Comp at the track. The place in Shrewsbury had it at the same price as S&C. The Auburn place was 60 doughnuts more. Shrewsbury had recently manufactered helmets and Auburns were rather old. Street and Comps was recent too. I do not know if I paid retail or 60 under or if Auburn was 60 over retail but I suspect that that was the case because I also checked out eBaymotors. I like Wagners a lot. The nicest showroom with free coffee too. Decent people who race and they have cookouts during the summer. Motomarket is pretty cool place. Thursday nights are fun time. Racers too. I do not know what uni-foam is. Can you substitute?

Good info, never checked out Performance Cycles in Shewsbury. Will have to do that.

Any Air filter oil will work, of course Uni wants you to use theirs.

http://www.unifilter.com/whoisuni.html

I have their drop in replacement for my Ninjette and just need some sticky air filter oil. It should ship from bikebandit by Friday. It's already paid for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    The yamaha/triumph dealer in shrewsbury is ok. One day I went to both stores. The auburn store and then over to Shrewsbury. I saw the exact same helmet that I had bought at Street and Comp at the track. The place in Shrewsbury had it at the same price as S&C. The Auburn place was 60 doughnuts more. Shrewsbury had recently manufactered helmets and Auburns were rather old. Street and Comps was recent too. I do not know if I paid retail or 60 under or if Auburn was 60 over retail but I suspect that that was the case because I also checked out eBaymotors. I like Wagners a lot. The nicest showroom with free coffee too. Decent people who race and they have cookouts during the summer. Motomarket is pretty cool place. Thursday nights are fun time. Racers too. I do not know what uni-foam is. Can you substitute?

With regards to Performance Cycles:

In my opinion, and having been going there for 6+ years now, for me it was always nice to have a close dealership if you need something in a pinch, but past that I was never quite satisfied with their sales department. The Service and Parts guys are great, and are always willing to help and have been there for years. However when I was shopping around for the Daytona I went in there ready to buy and it was almost as if they were not the least bit interested in making the sale.

I ended up making the drive up to Second Wind in NH simply because they would allow me to test ride the bike, were very knowledgeable and made me a pretty fair deal and I couldn't have been happier.

Its not exactly where you want it located, but Razee's in North Kingstown RI is a great dealer. They do Kawi, Honda, Yamaha, BMW, Moto Guzzi, and KTM.

http://www.razeemotorcycle.com/

Appreciate the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    With regards to Performance Cycles:

In my opinion, and having been going there for 6+ years now, for me it was always nice to have a close dealership if you need something in a pinch, but past that I was never quite satisfied with their sales department. The Service and Parts guys are great, and are always willing to help and have been there for years. However when I was shopping around for the Daytona I went in there ready to buy and it was almost as if they were not the least bit interested in making the sale.

I ended up making the drive up to Second Wind in NH simply because they would allow me to test ride the bike, were very knowledgeable and made me a pretty fair deal and I couldn't have been happier.

That's a bit far, I think I would head closer to Boston for some other options before the trek down there. Although maybe a good destination for a drive some day.

Quote Originally Posted by katana0215 View Post
    Its not exactly where you want it located, but Razee's in North Kingstown RI is a great dealer. They do Kawi, Honda, Yamaha, BMW, Moto Guzzi, and KTM.

http://www.razeemotorcycle.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KillBill View Post
    motorsports is only good for its parts department service and sales suck. . . i live in charlton so im in the same boat

Dreamworx cycles on 20 in Oxford is a small place, good for little shit like oil, ect its right near the intersection of 56 and 20. Then theres Out of Control Racing in Worcester over by Showcase cinema's on West Boylston St, same kind of thing. Chip's motorcycle clinic i think its called in....northbridge? maybe.

I stopped at Dreamworx cycle 3 times doors locked each time. One when they were supposed to be closed and 2 other times when they were supposed to be open. It looked like a one man shop, and very interesting, if I could get in.

Out of Control Racing is my favorite of the places I have been to. Only place where I had work done on my bikes that I didn't do. Not much for inventory.

Don't know Chip's will have to add that to my list to check.

I am looking to try on same helmets and am interested in the Arai Profile, I am guessing Wagner is my best bet (I think they carry Arai)?

Quote Originally Posted by Catach View Post
    Dreamworx cycles on 20 in Oxford is a small place, good for little shit like oil, ect its right near the intersection of 56 and 20. Then theres Out of Control Racing in Worcester over by Showcase cinema's on West Boylston St, same kind of thing. Chip's motorcycle clinic i think its called in....northbridge? maybe.

Chip and Carlene live and work in Maine now. The shop has been closed for a couple years.

Adam and Heather at OCR are good people, but focus on service. Not a lot of acc. stock.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Do you work there?
    No, I don't.

I live in the area though

Motorsports int is the closest one to me I think, never been there yet.

Resident Bodyman

motorsports sucks imho theyre parts department guys are dueschbags they act hollyer than thou to me and theyre sales guys are f'in retards theyre service guys were the only ones i can stand theyl actually work with you on prices assuming youl work with them but anyways thats just my experience with them maybe youl love it there but i was more than dissapointed

08zzr600

Quote Originally Posted by jdobelbower View Post
    motorsports sucks imho theyre parts department guys are dueschbags they act hollyer than thou to me and theyre sales guys are f'in retards theyre service guys were the only ones i can stand theyl actually work with you on prices assuming youl work with them but anyways thats just my experience with them maybe youl love it there but i was more than dissapointed
    +1