Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

North Reading Motorsports?

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

North Reading Motorsports?

Has anyone had any experiences with North Reading Motorsports in North Reading, MA? I searched and couldn't find anything.

Interested in both sales and service experiences with this place. They are a very small shop, and the owner works the sales floor himself. They're a Honda and Kawi dealer.

I am considering buying a Honda from this guy and want to know if I'll regret it. I've been in a few times to ask questions and the atmosphere is better than the Cycles 128 zoo. Still, you never know.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    no bikes currently

Re: North Reading Motorsports?

Quote Originally Posted by mojobreakfast View Post
    Has anyone had any experiences with North Reading Motorsports in North Reading, MA? I searched and couldn't find anything.

Interested in both sales and service experiences with this place. They are a very small shop, and the owner works the sales floor himself. They're a Honda and Kawi dealer.

I am considering buying a Honda from this guy and want to know if I'll regret it. I've been in a few times to ask questions and the atmosphere is better than the Cycles 128 zoo. Still, you never know.
    I've bought at least four bikes from them, got a real good deal on the last. Service is expensive but very good. Fred and Fred Jr are awesome, they are the original owners and have been there since about 1975. It's a MC shop so they have to deal with their share of idiots that come in, I've seen it first hand. But if you are normal and relatively well behaved they will treat you well.

Posting Freak

Um, Ive got limited experience w/ them as a dealer (I ride a Buell). I have bought other things from them, and its where I go to get my inspection stickers. I'm a North Reading resident so they really are local to me. Not to interject, but we do have forum members who sell motorcycles... why not support them? There is no incentive here, just looking out for our own community.

Nick

Good place...good people.

Glad to hear this dealer has happy customers. These guys are close to me, and I pass by them on my way to work, which is why I am favoring them.

I would certainly consider supporting a forum member who sells bikes. What is the best way to find one? If someone lurking wants to drop me a PM, I'm interested in a CBR.

BTW, I am normal and relatively well behaved.

no bikes currently

Quote Originally Posted by mojobreakfast View Post
    Glad to hear this dealer has happy customers. These guys are close to me, and I pass by them on my way to work, which is why I am favoring them.

I would certainly consider supporting a forum member who sells bikes. What is the best way to find one? If someone lurking wants to drop me a PM, I'm interested in a CBR.

BTW, I am normal and relatively well behaved.
    Please do not buy my CBR, I'm waiting for a good price.

I bought my bike from them after hearing from several fellow riders that they had the cheapest prices. Fred and Fred Jr are okay to deal with ( Fred Jr was my salesman) I thought he was a bit arrogant, but it could be that he could care less if you bought or not, cuz if you don't someone else will. Fred sr. was the one I dealt with when I picked up my bike and he seemed very concerned that I would make it home alright. I have been back for mechanical advice, parts, and inspection stickers and the service dept seem pretty cool and down to earth. A bit on the high side but so are a lot of other dealer shops, best to find a local bike mechanic or figure out how to fix things yourself. If I ever wish to buy new again and want either a kawi or honda, I'll probably give them my business.

i dealth with fred jr when i got my first bike, too good care of me, i heard the father was an ass, but he was there the day i picked the bike up, and was the same way, very concerned that i take it easy on the bike and new tires, told me he has seen more than a handful of kids leave the parking lot onto rt.28 and highside their bikes within the first couple hundred feet of owning them...

.:|LaRNZ|:.

I have had nothing but positive experiences there. I bought a 2003 CBR 600rr and a 2005 CRF450X and many inspection stickers.

I bought my first bike from them (used Ninja 500). No complaints here.

Bought my 07 new there in Feb of this year.
    No complaints, when i wanted to bring it home to NY he let me borrow some ramps so I could get it up in the back of my pickup.
    I dealt with Fred Sr.
    I've bought some oil and filters from them too, but have never been there for service.

2007 600RR

I ended up buying a bike there last week. Fred Sr. took care of me. It was a good experience overall. Everyone is very laid back. I could have saved a few more bucks if I had pounded some pavement but in the end it was worth it to deal with a conveniently located place and honest people.

no bikes currently

yea just bought my cbr from them ast april went in and bought the bike no problems fred sr was my salesman and took good care of me.

It's usually a safe bet that if the owner of a small shop is the one helping retail customers, you're going to be well taken care of.

Reviving an old thread, but thought I'd add my experience.

I brought my CBR there for its initial service to make sure there's no questions about my warranty. The service is basically just an oil change.

They spilled oil all over my headers and lower fairing and left it a total mess. $200 for an oil change and they couldn't even do that right.

I'll never go there again.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

I've gone there for parts and inspection stickers - a couple of the kids working there are just that - kids - they talk, act, interact as you would expect a 16-18 year old who thinks they are hot shit to act.

Others working there seem nice, cool, helpful. The service area always seems to be relatively busy.

Every once in a while I get ignored when I go in but usually the old dude ends up coming out giving dirty looks then answering my questions directly.

Quote Originally Posted by elissama View Post
    Every once in a while I get ignored when I go in .
    NO ONE ignores you Melissa..

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

I went there last spring looking for the new Kawi 650. It turned out they had one in a crate. When I asked when he was going to build it so I could take a look at it in person his reply was "soon as you give me a deposit."

Needless to say I bought one elsewhere.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

I went a few times last summer/late fall to check out the bikes and to ask about service costs. Fred Sr. always comes rigt over when I walk in and we talk bikes and what not. Always nice to me I haven't seen Fred Jr since I bought my 1st bike from them, cept once when he was moving scouters over from around the side from the service dept.

I went to them 1st last year to see about my inspection sticker and as soon as I drove my bike up to open garage older service guy came walking over to it with an expression like he just ate something nasty and was shaking his head. Sneered as he circled my bike and was saying "No, this isn't legal, this..or that, ah uh, nope...." I was like "Hey, it's 10yrs old and it's always has passed before" He was a total dick about my tail end, complaining about the brake light not visible and blinkers were illegal.
    I told him that if he was just going to reject me anyway never mind and I left. Took it somewhere else with no problems. I understood what he meant about the brake lights not being bright enough and I fixed that.
    Other time I asked about an oil change and they quoted something ridiculous like something around $200. I was like @#$& that, I didn't myself for a fraction of the cost.
    Needless to say, I might buy there again but that's it.

Last year they cracked down hard on inspection stickers - I kinda suspect they got busted passing illegal bikes b/c they were like crazy tough - bone stock or get out type strict.

Hmmm...has anyone traded their bike in there?

my guess would be not a great trade in value. They are usually very firm on their prices and they don't come down. They have a 250 or 450 crf-r from 05 on the floor for 5300. A 5 year old never used bike... there's a reason its not selling guys c'mon.

THough some people say they've gotten decent deals... like anyplace you go its probably based on who you get that day and the mood of the week.

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Damn, I missed this thread when I moved up from Va. with the C-14. I thing Shlepp or DB referred me to them. For my dough, they're excellent. I showed up with Strebbles I bought in Va. at my dealer there, they installed em and did a great job with the harnesses and whatnot. I lost one of these fuckin' keyfobs for the C last week up in Kennebunk, they're gettin' me a new one for about 10% over cost and a little labor to program it to my bike. When they did the horns back in September they changed the oil and filter and N/C'd it. And they're friendly. I know, I know, I'm spending dough, but still, lots of dealers, from the reports I read here take your dough and then treat ya like shit anyway.

North Reading, in spite of the drive off the North Shore, is pretty good!