Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Pioneer Valley Dealers?

Pioneer Valley Dealers?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a decent dealership that sells riding gear in the Pioneer Valley/Springfield, MA area. I'm in Amherst and have been to Valley Motorsports, but I didn't like how my friend and I were treated there. We had a bunch of questions and wanted to sit on different bikes to get a feel for them, the guy "helping" us, along with 4 other employees, completely ditched us when someone walked in and said she was buying a top of the line Ducati with all branded gear. If they're normally good and I just went on a bad day/had a bad worker, let me know too.

I wanted to try on riding gear to see how things fit as I'd hate to buy stuff online and have to ship everything back or think something fits correctly when it actually doesn't (ie, people new to ice skating tend to tie the laces too loose).

Sorry if a question like this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything when I searched for Springfield, Amherst, Northampton, Pioneer, etc.

Thanks!

Aaron

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Pioneer Valley Dealers?

I've honestly never purchased gear in dealers because of the prices, but I've had light maintenance done at Valley with my old bike and was treated pretty well. Springfield Motorsports is alright, I don't have anything negative to say about them, but their prices were kind of high when I went in to look at helmets and other stuff a year ago. I used to work in Northampton and lived in Springfield, and I'd always use Valley if I needed something, if that says anything.

Flamingo motorsports is another dealer, but they're all the way in Palmer.

2006 DRZ400SM

Re: Pioneer Valley Dealers?

Valley Motorsports guys race and do lots of trackdays - and I've never had a problem there.

Sales is always a tough thing. If you aren't giving any purchase signals and someone else is ready to buy right then - then I don't really blame the salesperson for taking care of that person - but certainly they should have said something first and come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CronoZero View Post
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a decent dealership that sells riding gear in the Pioneer Valley/Springfield, MA area. I'm in Amherst and have been to Valley Motorsports, but I didn't like how my friend and I were treated there. We had a bunch of questions and wanted to sit on different bikes to get a feel for them, the guy "helping" us, along with 4 other employees, completely ditched us when someone walked in and said she was buying a top of the line Ducati with all branded gear. If they're normally good and I just went on a bad day/had a bad worker, let me know too.

I wanted to try on riding gear to see how things fit as I'd hate to buy stuff online and have to ship everything back or think something fits correctly when it actually doesn't (ie, people new to ice skating tend to tie the laces too loose).

Sorry if a question like this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything when I searched for Springfield, Amherst, Northampton, Pioneer, etc.

Thanks!

Aaron

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com