Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My Review: FlashTune Ecu on k8 Gsxr 600

My Review: FlashTune Ecu on k8 Gsxr 600

Hey Guys, first time posting so please go easy.
    Purchased my first bike, used 2008 gsxr 600 with 2000 miles, all stock no mods in may of this year. Great bike but nothing else really to compare it to other than riding my friends Aprillia RSV4 Factory and another friends Ducati 1198 but those bikes are on a whole nother level. Those bikes have tons more power but on midnight highway rides I have no problem keeping up with them. The mod bug kicked in so on to motomummy I go and ordered a Akra Shorty + PCV. Cut the cat off and didnt feel like installing the PCV after seeing the install instructions. Ended up selling the PC and ordered a ECU from Flashtune.com, told them to do TRE, pair disable, and flash for akra shorty with cat delete . Shipping was pretty fast I must say :thumbup:. Install was simple. I have read many reviews about the flash giving their bikes super powers or whatever, front end coming up when not even trying. I already knew those statements werent true to begin with because even a good dyno tune will only net you a few extra ponies. well I must tell you guys its not the case with my bike. Power is maybe increased a tiny bit felt on the butt dyno, maybe a little smoother. Now I maybe a noob, but my bike still pops with the "pair disable" on the ecu, even a little more than with stock ecu. Yes I know I can go plug the pair valve but what was the point on offering the ecu pair disable if it does nothing to the pops :headscrat . Also the bike spits flames out if I rev the motor, which didnt happen on stock ecu. So heres my review, I dont know if I like it or not, nor do I know if the A/F ratio is correct. My expectations before ordering was not really increase power, but to smooth out the power band and stop the poping.

Thanks for reading and please excuse any grammer mistakes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: My Review: FlashTune Ecu on k8 Gsxr 600

Your need to get the block off plates for the Air box to fully eliminate the POP....from what I understand is the recirculating air the makes the pop sound..block them and it’s gone. Just doing the Disable isn't going to stop the Air from recirculation...its just kills the Valve function and codes if Bad.

and I would go and Run it on a Dyno for Fun.....see where the HP and torque curves are and look and see if your A/F Ratio is on...ect.

ogh and sweet bike......Luv me some GSXR SECKS..

and the flames are prob from the shorty exhaust..they tend to shoot flames ask KillBill about his..

Last edited by Pigman; 11-18-11 at 12:25 PM.

Re: My Review: FlashTune Ecu on k8 Gsxr 600

It sounds like your bike is LEAN in some portions of the throttle/rev range based on what you're describing. Also, I think the PAIR DEFEAT means that YOU'VE defeated the PAIR system and they've adjusted the map to match, not that IT defeats it.