Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Scorpion helmets

Scorpion helmets

Wondering is anyone has experience / feedback as far as owning a street Scorpion either series 700 or 1000 helmet? I'm looking for another helmet (primary helmet now is an RF1000) this summer and these seems to fit me pretty well. I'm just wondering what the pros & cons are.

Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Re: Scorpion helmets

I have had nothing but arais for the past couple years, I got a EX700 Scorpion for the track last Year And I cant say enough good things about these helmets. The antifog Visor really Works I have used it in some cold wet Races. Its a tiny bit heaverier then arai. I did about 15 Races in it and a Coulple thousand street miles With no complaints, I looked at the EX1000 Tried it on It has a lot of features but it Felt like a Brick on my head far to heavy, and the 400 's are plastic so i would stay away from those as well

My $0.02

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

just got a EX700 as a second helmet for the girl. it fits me too and my main helmet is an arai profile. The scorpion is great- i didn't really feel a weight difference but i haven't ridden with it, just tried it on. the 1000 is excessive, it has the inflatable cheek pads and the built in sun visor/glasses under the visor- i just think it's too much. The 500 is heavier and I noticed the weight so we got a plain 700 and I think it's the best helmet for the price (more than half the cost of the Arai and feels great). Shark helmets don't fit me and they're not Snell approved- tho apparently the ECE (european) is stricter than snell. Either way I think they're ugly and they don't fit. HJCs fit tighter and I liked the Scorpion more in terms of quality and fit and finish- especially when combined with the price.

Current:
    00 Aprilia RSV-R

Past:
    06 R6
    05 R6
    97 Honda F3

"Still Crazy"

Thumbs up Re: Scorpion helmets

I have the EX700 and love it.

01Taxidriver

16L MACK POWERED GSXR... Boston Chuck's Avatar

i just picked up the 1000 today. its reallllll nice, light, but it doesnt have the visability my shitty old vega does. the inflateable stuff is pretty cool, but i havent gotten used to deflating it when im trying to take it off and it always catches me in the nose. real nice helmet though, i used the sun shield visor thing today too, pretty fuckin cool.

Just some dumbass

Junk... :barf:

I haven't ever owned one, but the exo 1000 is on my list of potential next helmets.

ive got a crack head 700 and i love it. my buddie tried mine on and bought 2 of his own.

04 Katana 600
    - color matched wind screen
    - Vance and Hines Slip on
    - Dynojet Stage 1 jet kit
    - Factory Pro Ignition Advancer
    - down one on front Sprocket
    - up 2 on the rear Sprocket

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Junk... :barf:

How many times did you slap your head on the racetrack to prove this,

I have been through 3 of them hitting the track and they are not junk at all,

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

I have the EXO 1000 its great! I love the tinted inner shield (sunglasses) and its fits very nice.

I also have A Suomy and a Shoei...

I picked up a 700 this year, and am quite pleased with it... comfy, light enough, and cheap. LOVE the anti-fog shield. I felt like the 1000 tried to do a little too much (without doing them quite well enough), and it was a bit noisier than the 700 or 400. Of course, in the end it's all about fit and ego -- does it feel right on the noggin, and do you need to have a marque brand sticker?

I've tested the ex700 and approve. Scroll down to the last pic on the page

Scorpion Sports ©2008 Customer testimonials

i like my exo700 well enough. It is very comfortable although seems pretty loud. It seems like they are more of a round-oval shape. I know this is usually a result of fitment and wind deflection but my exo is pretty loud on highways along with some pretty serious buffeting. If I don't wear earplugs or noise isolating headphones it is painful. Feels like an air hammer on my ears. It is my first helmet but I think I'll be purchasing a Shark RSR2 so long as it fits right.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Chuck View Post
    i just picked up the 1000 today. its reallllll nice, light, but it doesnt have the visability my shitty old vega does. the inflateable stuff is pretty cool, but i havent gotten used to deflating it when im trying to take it off and it always catches me in the nose. real nice helmet though, i used the sun shield visor thing today too, pretty fuckin cool.
    LIGHT?! are you wearing an XXS? webbikeworld did a review on this helmet and it was the heaviest helmet ever tested, heavier than a modular. What bricks were you wearing on your head before.

There is a lot of reviewers with there opinions but webbikeworld seems to do a pretty lengthy write up. I don't agree with some of there opinions but that is why they are opinions.

I got the EXO-400 in XS at the beginning of this year. It weighs more than my previous HJC but seems distributed well and has not been a problem. The antifogging faceshied is worth getting the helmet alone - very effective. The EXO-400 I got is so much quieter than my previous helmet I immediately noticed squeaks on my bike and fixed them. I think the 700 and 1000 have more air flow and might not be as quiet as the 400.

I've had EXO-400s and EXO-700s, crash-tested both

Both are excellent helmets; the only difference between the 400 and 700 is the outer shell composition. The 700 is fiberglass mesh, and therefore a bit lighter. For what it's worth, the EXO-400 actually was slightly more effective in laboratory tests at protecting the head against blunt force.

Regardless, after trashing two helmets, my third is a Scorpion.

Enjoy life! There's plenty of time to be dead.

2002 Suzuki SV650 Nekkid

http://www.squidbusters.com

I had a EX-400, tight on my face, but not uncomfortable. Heavy though. Compared to my Shoei X-11, it's like a lead weight. I had trouble doing head checks on the highway from the drag when I turned my head. With the Shoei it's no problem at all. Didn't have very many fogging issues and it was pretty quiet.

For the price it was fantastic.

I own a EXO700 - happy with it. Previously owned a HJC.

The EXO is lighter, and fits more snugly than the HJC. Noise isn't an issue, since I always wear ear plugs. Construction seems good, although the latches for the shield has become finicky lately...

If you're looking for a 'bang for the buck' - I think that Scorpions can do that for you (i.e. features vs. price). However, the best helmet is the one that fits your head, and that you'll wear. Doesn't matter what you spend, or who's logo is on the front if you don't wear it, or it hurts your head.

What do you mean who's logo doesn't matter?! You ain't cool if the gear isn't right!!! People will totally disrespect you...

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptman View Post
    What do you mean who's logo doesn't matter?! You ain't cool if the gear isn't right!!! People will totally disrespect you...
    Think I can buy some logo stickers at the same place you can buy those DOT stickers?

LOL