Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Seacoast Motorsports

Seacoast Motorsports

Well as some of you know i bought my first new bike. Was referred to Seacoast Motorsports of Derry NH by a couple people on this site. They sell Aprilia, Duc, and Moto Guzzi.

Anyway, I have never bought a new bike, but from my car buying experience, a dealer is the last place i like to shop for anything. I stopped in there wanting to check out the new Aprilia shiver. When i first walked in the door, i was greeted by Pat. I told her what i was doing there, and she showed me over to the bike and just started chattin bike with me. Very knowledge able, which cant be said about some that work in other shops.

Fast forward one week, went back, talked to jim, also very friendly and helpful. next thing you know, i got a new bike in the back of the truck.

fast forward to the next day. Going on petes group ride and my new bike starts to act all funked up. Quits twice in a matter of a couple hours. Seacoast closes at 4, i get there at 3:45. Charles has no problem brining it in the shop and having his guys diagnose the problem.

Overall, I dont think i could have been more pleased with the quality of service and professionalism I recieved from the crew at Seacoast. Everyone i have talked to treated me with respect and not just as a customer. if your gonna buy an italian bike or a guzzi or just need gear, i highly suggest taking the ride up there. great people, great service.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tuono

Re: Seacoast Motorsports

+1000000000000

Great people! Great shop!

It's always nice to hear good stories about dealers.

MSF RiderCoach

Catch2otwo,

Glad to know that you had the same experience I did. I"ll buy my next bike (which I'm hoping will be a naked 1098 in two years) from them also. Curious to know, what was the issue with the Shiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Mid-Life-T View Post
    Catch2otwo,

Glad to know that you had the same experience I did. I"ll buy my next bike (which I'm hoping will be a naked 1098 in two years) from them also. Curious to know, what was the issue with the Shiver?
    they dont exactly know yet. when we were riding today, the bike started shuttering and running really rough, which later i find out from charles is the bikes "limp mode" they pulled a few codes and have to call aprilia to find out what to do. Kind of a bummer only having the bike for a day, but i understand its a entirely new bike so itd be a miracle for it not to have any glitches.

Tuono

Quote Originally Posted by catch2otwo View Post
    they dont exactly know yet. when we were riding today, the bike started shuttering and running really rough, which later i find out from charles is the bikes "limp mode" they pulled a few codes and have to call aprilia to find out what to do. Kind of a bummer only having the bike for a day, but i understand its a entirely new bike so itd be a miracle for it not to have any glitches.
    Good to see you have such a positive attitude and understand that first year models are bound to have some kinks that need to be worked out. I hate it when I hear people call something a POS when it just came out and don't give the manufacturer a chance to figure it out and solve the problem.

As far as Seacoast goes, the first time I went there I was not very happy. The guy I dealt with was very pushy. He didn't have what I wanted so he decided to try everything he could to get me to buy a bike that was about $10K more than the one I was looking for and it was made by a different manufacturer. I decided to give them a second chance and I am glad I did. The rest of the people there are very nice and easy to deal with, not pushy at all. I still prefer BCM over Seacoast but since they are a lot closer I do go to them for smaller stuff.

Unofficial self proclaimed official NESR plumber.

"Ah shit son, datz be a Ducati!"-Random kid in Methuen.

Quote Originally Posted by BCT748 View Post
    Good to see you have such a positive attitude and understand that first year models are bound to have some kinks that need to be worked out. I hate it when I hear people call something a POS when it just came out and don't give the manufacturer a chance to figure it out and solve the problem.
    ya, it really doesn't help anyone to go into these things with a bad attitude. could have the same problems with a 10 yr old bike. they were happy to try and fix the problem and thats what counts.

glad to hear you had a better experience with them the second time. what bike did you end up buying?

Tuono

Quote Originally Posted by catch2otwo View Post
    ya, it really doesn't help anyone to go into these things with a bad attitude. could have the same problems with a 10 yr old bike. they were happy to try and fix the problem and thats what counts.

glad to hear you had a better experience with them the second time. what bike did you end up buying?
    I didn't buy a bike from them. At the time I was looking for a left over Ducati 749. They didn't have any so he insisted on me buying an Aprilia RSV1000R Factory. It never made any sense to me as to why he would try to push me onto a bike that not like the one I was looking for. He also said I would have a better chance at seeing god than finding a left over 749. Funny thing is that I found a few, one of them being at BCM. Long story but problems with the company I was working for at the time made it so I couldn't buy it anyway so I went with a used 748 instead. Seacoast has been very helpful with parts and tech questions I have had since then though. I'm not even sure if the guy I dealt with still works there or maybe when I saw him he was seriously hurting for cash and needed to sell something quick. Either way, I didn't like how he treated me at all. I have had very good experiences with everyone else there. I like BCM a little more because I haven't had one bad experience with them at all, well not that I could blame on them anyway. When I ordered a new rear seat from them the order did get messed up but that was on the Italian side of it, not theirs. Everyone at BCM is laid back and will shoot the shit with you about bikes. Also you can't really argue with their Service department either, they were awarded "National Best Service" for 2007.

Unofficial self proclaimed official NESR plumber.

"Ah shit son, datz be a Ducati!"-Random kid in Methuen.

good stuff

Tuono

Hey Cedric,

Glad you made it there before they closed. I figured if you could get there they'd do the best they could to check it out!

Glad I saw you pull off the first time and was able to hustle up to the front of the pack to get us stopped! Maybe you knew where we were but I was completely lost and figured you might be too!

Wierd reboot deal... Did you open the gast cap everytime or just turn it off and on a couple times?

Good luck and hope to see you out there again! I lead the rides for Seacoast so you might want to check these out...!

http://www.batmanmoto.com/Docs/2008%20Summary3.pdf

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Hey Cedric,

Glad you made it there before they closed. I figured if you could get there they'd do the best they could to check it out!

Glad I saw you pull off the first time and was able to hustle up to the front of the pack to get us stopped! Maybe you knew where we were but I was completely lost and figured you might be too!

Wierd reboot deal... Did you open the gast cap everytime or just turn it off and on a couple times?

Good luck and hope to see you out there again! I lead the rides for Seacoast so you might want to check these out...!

http://www.batmanmoto.com/Docs/2008%20Summary3.pdf
    ya, i'll probably hear from them later in the week. im down for some of those seacoast rides, they seem like they'd be fun to ride with.

Tuono

I agree with everything Cedric said - a breathe of fresh air in a business thats wrought with arrogance and poor customer service. Oh, I agree with everything but the name....its Sescoast Sport Cycle!!