Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Shark RSR2

Shark RSR2

Threw down for a proper race helmet so I could finish off my "wanna-be-racer" outfit...
    Wanted a Top of the line helmet and while I really like Arai's fit and finish, nothing really appealed to me in terms of visual stimulation...Skarks Duhmale Replica on the other hand...very nice...even nicer in person.
    Fit, finish, and design are top notch.
    The Perfect fit for me is a Arai Vector M. I got the RSR2 in a Large, and its 90% a good fit. Little room in the back of the head, but feels great. Interior lining is so nice, its hard to explain.
    It is extremely light and comfortable to wear all day (wore it for a total of 3 hours today, and took a 15 min power-nap with it on too).
    The visor has great optical clarity and is THICK! Field of view is very good as well. The cheek pads interrupt the periph a bit, but not annoying.

Compared to the Arai RX-7 I would rank this above it (only slightly, as its subjective). Liner fits and feels better, and it feels safer. Those are the two most obvious for me.
    Gonna have it on Moday for TTD and Ill comment on how it feels while riding in the rain!
    For a full inside and out review, check out www.sportbiketrackgear.com.

Happy Hunting!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Re: Shark RSR2

Nice... I've got an RSR - Foggy and an RSR2 - Duhamel (White).

They're the best helmets I've owned. They move a lot of air and are pretty quiet considering how much ventilation they have.

The visors are great... if you do decide to get a mirrored shield or their dark smoke, they are both darker than other manufacturers shields.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Cool Lid

Round 2...
    TTD in the pouring rain today...the new lid made the rain its biatch!!!
    NO fogging, NO leaks, great venting, and fantastic clarity (as much as you can get with water droplets)
    This was the first time wearing it on the bike, and it felt like I have had this helmet for 5 years already...I'm a Shark guy now...fantastic lid!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    Round 2...
    TTD in the pouring rain today...the new lid made the rain its biatch!!!
    NO fogging, NO leaks, great venting, and fantastic clarity (as much as you can get with water droplets)
    This was the first time wearing it on the bike, and it felt like I have had this helmet for 5 years already...I'm a Shark guy now...fantastic lid!
    Getting another one...crash tested the Duhamel Rep, and it worked very well...the helmet is not a perfect fit for me...there are other ones that fit just a hair better, but they do not offer the qualities of the Shark.

The helmet looks like it got dropped in the dirt driveway, that is after the crash...no dents, cracks, the interior is undamaged-I however did suffer a Cat 1 Concussion, just from the force of the impact...if I was wearing my Icon, I think it would have been much worse.

Do your recearch and try ish on before buying, but if you can afford it, and like the style, the RSR2 is the top 2% of the best helmets you can buy!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    ...if you do decide to get a mirrored shield or their dark smoke, they are both darker than other manufacturers shields.
    +1 on that. Putting that shield down makes me feel like Vader.

...the RSR2 is the top 2% of the best helmets you can buy!
    After a few short rides, I have to agree!

So just for the sake of discussion...When I was up testing out motards at Seacoast the other weekend the Ducati ride leader was talking to a couple guys about Sharks. There happend to be a brit involved and he also had a little older Shark. The Duc guy was saying that Sharks have fallen behind in recent years and that there have been some issues with them, most specifically them having exceptional marketing while not being a top tier helmet, non removabal cheek pads, non-customizable interiors. Now I'm no expert on Sharks but I just thought that was interesting. I was all geared up to get an RSR2 but kinda steered away after that. Suomy Spec 1R extreme instead

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptman View Post
    So just for the sake of discussion...When I was up testing out motards at Seacoast the other weekend the Ducati ride leader was talking to a couple guys about Sharks. There happend to be a brit involved and he also had a little older Shark. The Duc guy was saying that Sharks have fallen behind in recent years and that there have been some issues with them, most specifically them having exceptional marketing while not being a top tier helmet, non removabal cheek pads, non-customizable interiors. Now I'm no expert on Sharks but I just thought that was interesting. I was all geared up to get an RSR2 but kinda steered away after that. Suomy Spec 1R extreme instead
    First...take everything a Ducati rider says with a grain of salt...

Second, Shark has one of the best customizable helmets out there...not to mention one of the best faceshields out there right now.

Fully Removable/washable interior liner, exchangable cheeks pads, two shell sizes S/M and L/XL, 3mm anti-fog/anti-scratch face shield, and quick release snaps to change/remove the shield.
    The liner is better than Arai, the faceshield is in its own league, no fogging at all, cleans well, optics kick ass, and the look is awesome...my only issue is the tight fit, cause it is TIGHT.
    Spec R is a nice lid, but I think you shorted yourself...why toss out that kinda cash for #2, when you can pay less and get #1?
    (unless the Spec R fits you perfect, then I'm just an asshole)

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

First...take everything a Ducati rider says with a grain of salt...

Ever Notice SOME Ducati owners act like they designed the freakin bike themselves.

Sharks are damm fine helmets. I love mine

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

I'm a Ducati Rider and I have a Shark RSR2 and a Suomy Spec1R.

They're both customizable with removable liners and cheek pads.

I grab by RSR2 more often than my Spec 1R.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

wut the RSR2 run ya, im gonna grab one in the spring, my AGV manufacturing date is 09/03 so its time to retire it..

.:|LaRNZ|:.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRNZ View Post
    wut the RSR2 run ya, im gonna grab one in the spring, my AGV manufacturing date is 09/03 so its time to retire it..
    Got mine from sportbike track gear.com for 4 hundo.

Fully Removable/washable interior liner, exchangable cheeks pads, two shell sizes S/M and L/XL, 3mm anti-fog/anti-scratch face shield, and quick release snaps to change/remove the shield.
    The liner is better than Arai, the faceshield is in its own league, no fogging at all, cleans well, optics kick ass, and the look is awesome...my only issue is the tight fit, cause it is TIGHT.
    Sounds just like my AGV without the tight issue at HALF the price.

Oh wait... I ride a Ducati.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

AGV is a solid lid with good protection and a very nice fit...runs a bit smaller than a Shark, which I would say is true to size for most people...I'm a large in the RSR2 and Doc's Medium AGV Stealth fits me very well, just a hair snug...however, the interior lining is not as plush, and it is a heavier helmet with good venting...being that Shark is one of the 3 lightest you can buy (Suomy Exterme and OGK FF5 being the other 2)...and you are a true to form opinionated (arrogant) Ducati rider!!!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-