Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Suzuki Card

Littering and........

Suzuki Card

I financed my DRZ400SM with a Suzuki Card when it was new back in June of '06, because they had a sweet promotional rate going on that I wanted to take advantage of.

To put it bluntly, they suck donkey cock.

I sold the bike the first weekend in October, and called them up and asked for an address and payoff amount so I could get a bank check and have them send me the title. I was told that it didn't matter what I sent them for payment, it would take the same amount of time. I sent them a personal check, which cleared on October 7th.

I have called them a couple of times to check on the progress of my title, and received a different response each time. The first time, they said, "We'll send an e-mail over to the title department and ask them to expedite it." The second time, a very rude employee followed by a very rude manager explained that I would be waiting 30 days for my title "no matter what." Tonight I called again, and was advised that for some reason they had not "released" my title yet, and it would be 30 days from today that this was done. When I bitched and asked to speak with the manager, I got a rude cunt who told me that I was being silly, and that I needed to relax, and that my title would arrive "sometime after 30 days have passed."

Had I known I'd have to deal with this headache upon selling the bike, I wouldn't have financed with them. Also, given the incredibly rude and unprofessional manner I have been treated with, I'll *never* do business with them again, and will encourage anyone I know to refrain from using their shitty bank.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the rant.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Suzuki Card

My friend had the same problem with KTM, it was about a 3 month process.

Suzuki Card

On a simillar note some one I once knew bought a gixxa at 7ish% and got a suzuki card with it. He decided to put a pipe on the card shortly there after and got the whole price bumped to like 20ish%

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Littering and........

Suzuki Card

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    On a simillar note some one I once knew bought a gixxa at 7ish% and got a suzuki card with it. He decided to put a pipe on the card shortly there after and got the whole price bumped to like 20ish%
    Really? Thats fucking ridiculous!!!

Suzuki Card

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Really? Thats fucking ridiculous!!!

Yeah I guess they told him that anything he bought with it would be financed threw the bike at the same rate. What they didn't tell him was that was only for xx amount of days

Suzuki Card

I keep hearing stories like this... so for quite a few years now I've only dealt with my local credit union. I've financed both bikes and my car through them -- easy to deal with, and they give me great interest rates. Chris, you're in Chittenden County -- give them a try next time. Vermont Federal Credit Union.

--mark

Suzuki Card

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post

Typically those card companies have a clause that offers them the option to raise the rate should the card holder default on a payment. Also, if the card holder has an unpaid balance they can charge interest from the date of the transaction for any new purchases. I'll bet he was late on one payment before or after the pipe was added to his card and they raised the rate for that reason rather than adding a pipe to his balance.

I financed my bike through Suzuki too which basically means they put it on their Suzuki credit card. I transferred the balance to one of those low interest teaser card offers everyone gets in the mail and said goodbye to the Suzuki card.

Suzuki Card

I just recently paid off my Busa thru Capital One. It seems like they were pretty prompt on releasing the C/O (certificate of Origin) but it was in fact the Assachusetts Registry that took 5 fucking weeks to get me my Title !!!!

If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

Suzuki Card

There was some kid on SVRider in Florida that got taken to the cleaners by his dealer ... I think it was over 11k for an SV650S, free tires for life, extended warranty and a crap load of junk ... 6 months later, he tries to get out of it and asks for our help.

No help there my friend, your name is on the dotted line and yo mama cosigned. It was not pretty.

That bank that has the Suzuki card has been sued for predatory lending practices several times. They are bad news.

BTW .. this thread should be a sticky to prevent other members from falling into this awful trap.

Suzuki Card

that sucks....I have also found credit unions to be great. DCU has been awsome for me in the past.

BTW - you can refinance your bike/car with them. Easy as pie. Best revenge if you hate your bank.

2006 Triumph Speed Triple - Street
    2003 R6 - Track
    2000 SV650 - Street/Track

That's right, back to a 2 cylinder, 3 cylinder, and a 4 cylinder.

Suzuki Card

Could be Cheese man. It was Boss Hogg who told me that info

Suzuki Card

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    that sucks....I have also found credit unions to be great. DCU has been awsome for me in the past.

BTW - you can refinance your bike/car with them. Easy as pie. Best revenge if you hate your bank.

AND if you get a new loan while you have an old loan or within x amount of days after you pay of a loan they cut 1/2 a percent of the new loan

MidMassGsxr

Suzuki Card

This company which is the suzuki financial company through GE I believe screwed me too, when I got my bike I got a $99 payment for 5 years, so figuring I didnt want to get stuck with a huge amount in the end at 20% I was paying like every month 150-200 to pay it off faster, well one friggen month I was 10 days late on my payment bill got lost of whatever and they jacked my rate to 20% and gave me a 30 day late on my credit report which it wasnt, and now I pay 250 a month, they blow cock!

Suzuki Card

Quote Originally Posted by jmh992003 View Post
    This company which is the suzuki financial company through GE I believe screwed me too, when I got my bike I got a $99 payment for 5 years, so figuring I didnt want to get stuck with a huge amount in the end at 20% I was paying like every month 150-200 to pay it off faster, well one friggen month I was 10 days late on my payment bill got lost of whatever and they jacked my rate to 20% and gave me a 30 day late on my credit report which it wasnt, and now I pay 250 a month, they blow cock!
    that is the problem with some of these lending houses. They will give you a decent rate, but if you go over on a pmt. they rape you. This is nothing new...they all do it.
    Sux, but that is how they make their money sometimes.... they prey on this!

If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

MidMassGsxr

Suzuki Card

you think they would give some lee way one time with some one who always paid mroe than due, on time every month for a year.

Suzuki Card

you think they would give some lee way one time with some one who always paid mroe than due, on time every month for a year.
    +1000 I have to agree with you here. I think they are betting on you messing up at least one pmt. And then, "BAM" they stick it up your ass!

Suzuki Card

Capital One does that. You don't get bent over unless your late twice in a 12 month period. The "teaser" rates aren't quite as good as the motorcycle cards though.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Suzuki Card

They often do. Give'm a call and explain your disappointment and they'll usually take care of it especially if you threaten to refinance the loan elsewhere. If they don't, refi like you threatened.

Suzuki Card

I financed my DRZ400SM with a Suzuki Card when it was new back in June of '06, because they had a sweet promotional rate going on that I wanted to take advantage of.

To put it bluntly, they suck donkey cock.

I sold the bike the first weekend in October, and called them up and asked for an address and payoff amount so I could get a bank check and have them send me the title. I was told that it didn't matter what I sent them for payment, it would take the same amount of time. I sent them a personal check, which cleared on October 7th.

I have called them a couple of times to check on the progress of my title, and received a different response each time. The first time, they said, "We'll send an e-mail over to the title department and ask them to expedite it." The second time, a very rude employee followed by a very rude manager explained that I would be waiting 30 days for my title "no matter what." Tonight I called again, and was advised that for some reason they had not "released" my title yet, and it would be 30 days from today that this was done. When I bitched and asked to speak with the manager, I got a rude cunt who told me that I was being silly, and that I needed to relax, and that my title would arrive "sometime after 30 days have passed."

Had I known I'd have to deal with this headache upon selling the bike, I wouldn't have financed with them. Also, given the incredibly rude and unprofessional manner I have been treated with, I'll *never* do business with them again, and will encourage anyone I know to refrain from using their shitty bank.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the rant.

well I guess I'm screwed.

2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400

Littering and........

Suzuki Card

Quote Originally Posted by 978chris View Post
    well I guess I'm screwed.

Just dont miss a payment, and if you intend to sell it you'll need to plan about 2 months ahead of time.

If 11/7 rolls around and I dont have a title, I'm letting my lawyer deal with them.

Suzuki Card

if you intend to sell it you'll need to plan about 2 months ahead of time.
    went threw the same thing with my 636.....except it was around 3 months before i got mine

RIP....jason white.... 8/3/07....we love and miss you dearly

MidMassGsxr

Suzuki Card

Cheese, I actually did call and their sstance was, well the agreement you signed stated that one late payment and the it would revert to the higher payment. that came from a manager too, its fine I was 10 days late but it turned me off a bit, its not suzukis fault though, its the bank that suzuki puts their name on. I believe its GE and most of the other banks with the exception of honda which is hsbc are all that way.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Suzuki Card

my bike is on a suzuki card. bike was gonna be $100 a month for 5 years. i bought the K+N and PC3 with the card and the price went up to $110...thats it. so i guess i havent had a problem yet. no problems with the yammy card i bought the last bike with either. i bought a bunch of shit with that card. (anything the bike needed. tires, chain, brakes) shit luck?

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Suzuki Card

Cheese, I actually did call and their sstance was, well the agreement you signed stated that one late payment and the it would revert to the higher payment. that came from a manager too, its fine I was 10 days late but it turned me off a bit, its not suzukis fault though, its the bank that suzuki puts their name on. I believe its GE and most of the other banks with the exception of honda which is hsbc are all that way.
    Perhaps my information was collected before the financial sector cracked this year.

MidMassGsxr

Suzuki Card

Who knows, these things happen with every company. Take Cingular for example. I dont bother going to a store anymore because they do everything by the handbook. They dont allow you to upgrade early blah blah blha, call the company talk to someone on the phone and all of a sudden new phone. So maybe my experince was with one person, and someone elses was with another problem