Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My new TCX R-S2 EVO Boots provided by Advanced Traction

Thumbs up My new TCX R-S2 EVO Boots provided by Advanced Traction

Cliffs - I love them

So in route to the classic I stop by and picked up a new pair of TCX R-S2 Evo boots. Prior to these I had a pair of Sidi Vertigo Air, great boots Ive had for many years (6 IIRC).

Initial overview they seemed very well built and the Metatarsal / Torsion Control systems were very well designed and built. The systems are stiff enough to provide proper protection yet allow enough flex for you to walk around comfortably. Initially slipping them on the felt like a nike sneaker, very cushiony on the inside. Fitment / sizing was great and spot on to my Sidis, both are a size 44. I do have a slightly wider foot, my Sidis tended to be slightly too narrow causing discomfort in my pinky toe over time where as the TCXs do fit slightly wider which is very nice.Inside you'll find a lower tongue with a quick pull fastening that gets the food snug into the boot. Followed by in inside seem zipper and a large hook and loop flap to cover and secure it all. Oh and by the way theres a pump!!! Once they're all fastened up there is a small air bladder built in to sung you in even more if need be. All I have to say is they are amazingly comfortable to wear. On Saturday I had practice then races 2, 4, 7; I never once needed to take them off. I can certainly say Im definitely please with the upgrade to the TCX boots.

Now I won't be fake or bias like many reviews there were two things I thought could be better maybe. The calf area had just enough room, for my Dianese leathers to fit in. Mind you Dianese have extra protection built in so they are a bit thicker than most suits. Air flow; maybe I was spoiled by the completely perforated leather of my old Sidis, but after a whole day in them I wish there was a bit more air flow for when just standing around however once moving air flow was more than adequate.

http://www.tcxboots.com/eng/prodotti...p?prodotto=108

Get yourself a pair from Jon at Advanced Traction!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MFChop; 06-22-15 at 10:20 AM.