Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Tilt Customs - tailored leathers!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Tilt Customs - tailored leathers!

I am one of those unfortunate folks who cannot buy off the rack. I have a fat neck for my fat head, broad chest, and gangly monkey arms that just defy what most tailors think is a good fit.

So, a while ago I began a search for 1pc knowing full well that it would have to be custom. Times being what they are, I really didnt want to spend $2k+ on a set of tailored leathers...and then I came across Tilt Customs.

I spoke with the owner Daniel and after some debate, picked out a style in colors that suited me and matched my helmet/bike. $490 for the whole suit and was told 6-8 weeks. I could have gotten it a LOT more customized but was happy with one of the basic designs after a few tweaks. I added perforation and changed some of the colors around and sat back to wait.

Exactly 1 month after ordering (2-4 weeks early) it arrived on my doorstep and all I can say is that I am incredibly impressed. This suit is worth easily 4x the price. The quality of the leather is fantastic (I did some leatherworking in my earlier years so I know a good hide when I see one), the stitching is double/tripe stitched and flawless, and the fit is exactly what I ordered.

There is CE approved armor in all the right spots, I even had to remove the back armor (which conveniently slides in and out of a pocket) to make way for my Knox back protector.

Time will tell how it wears, but so far my initial reviews are nothing short of amazing.

FYI I have seen crash reviews of these suits and they all held up well.

A more complete gallery of pics can be found here.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Tilt Customs - tailored leathers!

Looks Real Good and for the price thats a Steal for a suit...

Only 2 posts???

Last edited by KillBill; 03-31-09 at 11:40 AM.

not sure why you think this is spam. I thought this was a place to post product reviews. I havent posted much on NESR, I tend to just read as I dont often have something to contribute.

I thought the community might appreciate the info I had to give *shrugs* take it or leave it.

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

FYI the suits are made overseas and the guy who owns TILT is just a vendor who puts the orders in. I believe they are made in India or someplace like it. I know a guy on one of my other forums who does the same exact thing. Says the quality overall is pretty good and the leather is 1.2-1.4mm thick like you find normally. From what I heard they crash pretty well too. Just and FYI though.

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    not sure why you think this is spam. I thought this was a place to post product reviews. I havent posted much on NESR, I tend to just read as I dont often have something to contribute.

I thought the community might appreciate the info I had to give *shrugs* take it or leave it.
    Sorry man......it just seemed strange that one of your first posts was to market/suggest a product. There tends to be some SPAM here from time to time.

My bad.....good lookin' out.....oh and welcome to the site. Introduce yourself

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Nice suit, but who really had it on first...

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSVkid View Post
    FYI the suits are made overseas and the guy who owns TILT is just a vendor who puts the orders in. I believe they are made in India or someplace like it. I know a guy on one of my other forums who does the same exact thing. Says the quality overall is pretty good and the leather is 1.2-1.4mm thick like you find normally. From what I heard they crash pretty well too. Just and FYI though.
    Most inexpensive customer leather distributors manufacture their stuff overseas...

Just like most off-the-rack brands that you are familar with...

There's absolutly nothing wrong with that. If the same suit was made here, it would cost twice as much.

Nah, not spam at all.

Good post, and looks like a good suit for that price. I have read a lot of horror stories about custom tailored suits, good to see a job well done.

Follow up on the wear factor.

Nice lookin duc too.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Nice suit, but who really had it on first...
    DAMN YOU GINO!!!

Yes, my fiancee was wearing the suit before I got home and sent me some pics. Girl cooties in my new suit!

And actually they are made in Pakistan. I asked.

I am not one to jump into something without doing due diligence. I flat out asked Daniel how good could the quality be at the price he was asking. The answer was basically that the leather is great quality and the labor is performed in Pakistani sweat shops at $1 a day which is why the price is where it is. As someone else mentioned this is the same method that all the big names use.

Oh, and Killbill, i did make an introduction thread..I think that was my only other post here =)

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    DAMN YOU GINO!!!

Yes, my fiancee was wearing the suit before I got home and sent me some pics. Girl cooties in my new suit!

And actually they are made in Pakistan. I asked.

I am not one to jump into something without doing due diligence. I flat out asked Daniel how good could the quality be at the price he was asking. The answer was basically that the leather is great quality and the labor is performed in Pakistani sweat shops at $1 a day which is why the price is where it is. As someone else mentioned this is the same method that all the big names use.

Oh, and Killbill, i did make an introduction thread..I think that was my only other post here =)

Any protection is better than no protection!

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers