Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Vanson Discount for NESR Members

Re: Vanson Discount for NESR Members

bump

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I just made the connection. Did I meet you at the banquet?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Just picked-up my new suit back last week - quality is second to none!

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I just made the connection. Did I meet you at the banquet?
    Quite briefly... Just a handshake and a hello. You need to hang around with a better class of people than the turn 1a crew.

Quote Originally Posted by nixoid View Post
    Quite briefly... Just a handshake and a hello. You need to hang around with a better class of people than the turn 1a crew.
    I missed you last time I was at the shop. When I come to pick up my suit Ill have to remember to ask for you so we can meet

James

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Hayyyy.... I think I just got

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Hayyyy.... I think I just got

Love man... Just shown' the love.

Kevin I think I met you in fall '07 when I was designing my custom jacket. The work was awesome. It took a few months to get it, but was worth it.

I saw Nicole and her sister at the boston bike show a few weeks back, the booth looked.... barely there. The girls were awesome and helpful as always, but to compete with Dianese and the other big shots, you guys need some flashy photography, a picture of a guy hanging off with VANSON across his back, or something like that.

Sex sells man, and (this time) I don't mean "sex" sex, I mean people want to buy something they think is badass, tough, will make them look cool, and will work well. I think your product does all of that, you guys just need to get some marketing together to show it to everyone!

the only other suggestion I have is to somehow speed up custom-ish work (which I realize is pretty much impossible) it is a nail in the coffin for most people (everyone is impatient) to have to wait 4-6 months. I am ashamed to say it is why I have a* track pants. I wanted to get vanson pants to match the jacket, but the track day was in a month, and you guys werent starting a new run of pants for like 2 months.

I love the place in the river. I hope to stop by this week or next, I need another set of your gloves for the track.

Don't Fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

NEW STREET/TRACK: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono
    STREET/TRACK: '08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
    '07 VFR800 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Dummy Denno View Post
    Just picked-up my new suit back last week - quality is second to none!
    It ought to be for what you paid for the darn thing!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    It ought to be for what you paid for the darn thing!!

KB
    He paid nothing or next to it - Denno was the LRRS Vanson Rookie of the Year - Woot Denno!

Is anyone else having problems getting their custom pieces made or is it just me?

here is my Vanson story:

Last fall I was in Fall River so I got measured and talked about having a set oc custom pants made to zip to my jacket (already has a full zipper) called to get the order placed, Vanson had lost my measurements.

Got back there a couple of months later to get re-measured and get my order placed. It's now 30 days past the date that they committed to on my order confirmation (though it does say that dates are just estimates) I called to check on the order on the projected completion date and was told that it was still up at pattering.

I called today and it is still up at patterning, it hasn't moved in the 30 day interval, in fact it has not moved since the day they took my 50% deposit. Now I'm being told that they'll get the pattern done next week. In the mean time I'm moving out of New England next week. When they finally do start sewing leather together I'll have to ship my jacket back to them to get the zipper fitment done and lord knows how long that will take.

Am I just unlucky or is this standard treatment of custom customers?

Quote Originally Posted by XTR View Post
    Is anyone else having problems getting their custom pieces made or is it just me?

here is my Vanson story:

Last fall I was in Fall River so I got measured and talked about having a set oc custom pants made to zip to my jacket (already has a full zipper) called to get the order placed, Vanson had lost my measurements.

Got back there a couple of months later to get re-measured and get my order placed. It's now 30 days past the date that they committed to on my order confirmation (though it does say that dates are just estimates) I called to check on the order on the projected completion date and was told that it was still up at pattering.

I called today and it is still up at patterning, it hasn't moved in the 30 day interval, in fact it has not moved since the day they took my 50% deposit. Now I'm being told that they'll get the pattern done next week. In the mean time I'm moving out of New England next week. When they finally do start sewing leather together I'll have to ship my jacket back to them to get the zipper fitment done and lord knows how long that will take.

Am I just unlucky or is this standard treatment of custom customers?
    Its a bitch. I have to contact them everyday for the past month or so to be sure it would be ready for this race weekend. Needless to say I dont have it in my hand yet but the rumor is, it is getting shipped over night so I should have it by tomorrow morning. We will see. For some reason I think Ill be changing suits on the grid Saturday.

At Least they didnt lose any of my info or measurements. Or maybe they gave me yours Ill see when I try it on for the first time.

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Its a bitch. I have to contact them everyday for the past month or so to be sure it would be ready for this race weekend. Needless to say I dont have it in my hand yet but the rumor is, it is getting shipped over night so I should have it by tomorrow morning. We will see. For some reason I think Ill be changing suits on the grid Saturday.

At Least they didnt lose any of my info or measurements. Or maybe they gave me yours Ill see when I try it on for the first time.

Saw your suit today. went out. I am driving up on Saturday morning and had planned all week to bring it with me.

I have no excuses for you guys. Obviously we are quoting incorrectly on time. Sorry guys I've tried and tried agian to help resolve these issues but it isn't working out as well as I would like. I'm still proud of the gear that does get made but it's like fast food - never fast enough. I cannot address all of the problems publicly but there are problems. We try awful hard and there is no complacency. everyone there wants to do well for the customer - honest.

Kevin

btw - I will be in the Penguin garage this weekend with a rack of used suits and some awesome gloves at a huge discount [retail 199 - $80 this weekend] we have a huge surplus of them and I convinced them to blow them out. Sorry guys track only. http://www.vansonleathers.com/detail.aspx?ID=191

Last edited by nixoid; 04-23-09 at 09:39 PM.

Saw your suit today. went out. I am driving up on Saturday morning and had planned all week to bring it with me.

I have no excuses for you guys. Obviously we are quoting incorrectly on time. Sorry guys I've tried and tried agian to help resolve these issues but it isn't working out as well as I would like. I'm still proud of the gear that does get made but it's like fast food - never fast enough. I cannot address all of the problems publicly but there are problems. We try awful hard and there is no complacency. everyone there wants to do well for the customer - honest.

Kevin

btw - I will be in the Penguin garage this weekend with a rack of used suits and some awesome gloves at a huge discount [retail 199 - $80 this weekend] we have a huge surplus of them and I convinced them to blow them out. Sorry guys track only. http://www.vansonleathers.com/detail.aspx?ID=191

The quality of the stuff speaks for itself. Im already in one and thats why I came back for another. It is a bit frustrating but I also understand the motorcycle industry and that this is the busy time of the year.

Ill be doing the Penguin advanced school so maybe Ill see you in there. If not feel free to stop by garage 19.

James

Kevin

Any 2 piece suits in a 46 US? I am looking for a new suit, Primarily for the street.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Any 2 piece suits in a 46 US? I am looking for a new suit, Primarily for the street.

It's all packed in the truck and can't remember for sure but I only have one two piece and I believe it is a 48. See me we'll figure it out. Anyways I made you that sweet logo stop by and see me I'd love to hear what a great job I did on it. HA! kidding.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    The quality of the stuff speaks for itself. Im already in one and thats why I came back for another. It is a bit frustrating but I also understand the motorcycle industry and that this is the busy time of the year.

Ill be doing the Penguin advanced school so maybe Ill see you in there. If not feel free to stop by garage 19.

BTW - when it did make it to production I watched it closely and the leather was beautiful and the right guy stitched it. They did almost put the wrong colored James on the front and flagg on the back but I asked them to confir with you. Glad I did. Twas wrong.

BTW - when it did make it to production I watched it closely and the leather was beautiful and the right guy stitched it. They did almost put the wrong colored James on the front and flagg on the back but I asked them to confir with you. Glad I did. Twas wrong.
    It made it up in time. Looks awesome and feels great riding. Ill see if I can get some good action shots of it.

James

hey kev
    i was talking with a few guys on another forum,basically telling everyone that a i love my vanson two piece.even though its about 7 yrs old now,it looks great and i get alot of compliments.but some guys were blasting me!! ...said your outsourcing your work to our fellow asian's!!!!
    please say it's not so!!! hate to see the quality go down,and our own countrymen loose jobs.
    gary~

No apex there is NO ASIAN PRODUCTION. We don't uoutsource I work. Hell I like my job too much to even let that happen. There is a change in the works th. ough. We have been developing a facility in El Salvador which will not replace what we are doing here but offer cheaper alternatives for those who are price consious and not concerned with American made products. This facility is ours. We own the whole thing and are using our leather, our unique systems, patterns and techniques. some of us have been making trips down to teach these things to our employees there. The goal is to offer the same exact product at a lower price point. In this first phase of the operation we are focusing on Textile goods. Next phase will be the leather goods. If you could put the word out there I would appreciate it. It seems there are some folks out there who have nothing better to do than spread information that they have not first confirmed for themselves. we are very open about the change and welcome anyone to call us to ask about this.

Kev

i kno someone that was involved in "setting up" a manufacturing plant for milton bradley toy maker (remember simon) well at the time that game was flying of the shelf,they tryed to do the same in mexico. he was telling me the quality went down so much that they were loosing money hand over fist! seems that our friends south of the border didnt care much about , 1 going to work every day, and 2 quality of MB standards.
    he was telling me stories of people working for 3 or 4 days fine then ,they'd leave for days at a time....then show up for work like nothing was wrong,lol
    try that here!!!,lol
    finally enough was enough they pulled out...
    hope that doesnt happen to you guys,
    is your sister company going to have they're own name brand? or are the going to use the vanson name??
    not sure about you but i try to buy american and friends do to,as hard as it is....
    keeping us all working is job 1!
    fuck this free trade bullshit!!!... FAIR TRADE!!! ..if this country taxed the other countries products imports more,we wouldnt be in the mess we're in right now!
    fucking WALMART is killing this country!! and people are 2 stupid to relize it.
    we wouldnt be in such a big mess!
    sorry just venting.... just trying to keep yours and your friends jobs HERE!!!
    by buying american.
    and NO to all the other people reading this .......i dont shop at WALMART!!!
    gary~
    ok going for a ride!

Last edited by APEX; 04-26-09 at 07:49 AM.

Bah, tried to catch you a couple times at the track yesterday Kev, looks like I had bad timing, oh well. I'll just have to strut around in my new suit next event and see if I can find ya to say Hi and Thanks instead. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Bah, tried to catch you a couple times at the track yesterday Kev, looks like I had bad timing, oh well. I'll just have to strut around in my new suit next event and see if I can find ya to say Hi and Thanks instead. : )
    Did the same too Bro.

Since turn 1a was under construction I was a little lost. I wanted to see you guys in you digs. Ran into Gino before the morning meeting and he said some guys were in the garage and some were not there.... I'll be there next event as well. You're running production twin aren't you?

I got a cobra star jacket and a pair of zip in pants off the clearance rack down there , and only spent close to $900.00 , well worth the $$$$ all day long....went back around thanksgiving grabed a pair of gloves... i dont think i would buy anything else again..

when your riding ,your living, everything else is just wating....

Quote Originally Posted by fullytwisted View Post
    I got a cobra star jacket and a pair of zip in pants off the clearance rack down there , and only spent close to $900.00 , well worth the $$$$ all day long....went back around thanksgiving grabed a pair of gloves... i dont think i would buy anything else again..

I love hearing things like that. Hope to see you at the Open House.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast