Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Vanson sucks.

Lifer

Thumbs down Vanson sucks.

So, I bought a jacket, through the net, standard size 46, which is a hair larger than typical for me. Got it and it was so short it didn't even pass my belly button. So that's an odd standard size, but whatever. I drive to vanson to drop it off for alterations. They tell me it would cost as much as a new jacket to have it extended properly, but they can add a waistband type deal to extend it, so I say sure. The price is by no means cheap. I agree, and try to pay for the alterations but they won't let me. This is on a Saturday and I'm told it will be done and shipped on Friday and they'll call me for payment when it's done. A week after that Friday passes, I call them. Talk to someone who says he's the only one there, doesn't have any info and can't help me, but someone will get back to me. I call a week later, same story except this time he tells me he's the only one there, puts me on hold, and someone accidently picks up that line to help another customer, and then puts me back on hold. Tells me he can't help me but he'll have someone call me back. Another week goes by, I call again on Thursday. Again, the I'm here alone story, but this time I complain a little, and he actually gets back to me, and leaves me a message two days later. The jacket is partially complete, no expected finish date. Fast forward another week, I'm calling again, complain some more asking what's going on, and again, they have to call me back. I at least get a timely call back and now I'm told they don't have the leather they need to do the alterations, and they don't know when they will. Maybe they'll get the shipment in the next two weeks. I ask why they didn't call me to tell me that there would be a major delay, and I'm told it must have 'slipped their mind, they have so much going on, and they're very busy, etc'.

Customer rating: Ridiculous. Give me my fucking jacket back.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Re: Vanson sucks.

It's been forever since I've dealt with them. But even back then, their 'counter help' was akin to dealing with McDonald's drop-out cashiers...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I don't know why they make them so short-waisted. I got a "Bones" jacket, and while I like it very well overall, and it's well made and good quality, it is very short in the waist (and I'm not one with a long torso to start with).

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

There are short in the front so you when you lean over your tank while riding you don't have material bunching up.

Put it on, bend over, it feels great. Oh what, that came out wrong...fits, it fits great!

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

I would never put up with this. After the second week of bull shit I would drive there and demand they finish it or give it back to me at that moment.

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post
    There are short in the front so you when you lean over your tank while riding you don't have material bunching up.

Put it on, bend over, it feels great. Oh what, that came out wrong...fits, it fits great!
    Yes, but (a) I have never had that bunching up problem with other longer jackets, and (b) the Vansons are too short in the back as well as the front. If it's raining at all, I get wet in the small of the back, above my pants waist. And if you're long-waisted, it's even worse. The OP noted that it ended above his navel -- you don't need that to keep from bunching up material in the front when you lean over the tank.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post

Never had a bunching up problem on any other jacket. If I were to crash at speed in this, I would have rash covering my back, sides and belly. I can only estimate the jacket is sized for a 190lb 5'6" person. It does not cover in riding position either. If I put my arms up the waist is closer to my nipples than my belly button.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Damn the products are described as god given gifts on this forum but I guess customer service is lacking a bit huh

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

I hope I don't get the same thing with the suit I just dropped off for repair.

I'm actually disappointed that the thick cowhide wore through in a 120 foot slide at about 50mph. It was in the left forearm. I was leaning on it as I slid and it went all the way through. A 2.5" x 1" hole, which gave me some rash that had to be lightly scrubbed in first aid. Ouch! The ass of the suit held up very well though.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

http://www.spartanleathers.com/

Great customer service.

Wow! That really sucks! Good to know for me though as I am looking to get a new one piece. I was thinking of heading up there this Saturday to try on a bunch of different sizes if they had them there, and if not to get measured up. I seem to have a long torso. A 48 generally fits me (and did in their Hybrid suit), but in my Teknic 48 (U.S. btw), I end up with it really pulling up on my crotch very uncomfortably when off the bike. I know the suits are made for the riding position, but this is actually a bit too much than what is normal. The size 48 Vanso fit, but I didn't like the solid black color of the one I tried on. I like their 2 zipper front a lot.

Should I bump my Heroic leather thread?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Makes me glad I'm a 40 off the rack at vanson. I've read enough of these that I don't think I'd venture into the custom world with this company...

Paul_E_D

Hey just to add to this guys....they recently had an open house advertising to buy old leathers for a max of 100 bucks towards a new vanson. I have a twice worn joe rocket speedmaster like freakin new and i told them i wanted to buy a 700 dollar jacket if they gave me 150 for my twice used 500.00 joe rocket...Oh no we can't do that...Oh no guess you don't get my business.

That really sucks. I hate when companies that have great products suck at customer service. If you guys need leather work done my family owns a leather business although they concentrate on the cruiser type stuff (non armor). They did repair Pete's suit and Jackie's pants and in a timely manor.

Jay, I'm sure you don't wanna hear this but you probably should have sent it back if you didn't like the fit. Lengthening a jacket is a ridiculous amount of work and can be real touch and go with the results.

Chuck, if you had most of your weight focused on that one spot that is gonna be the result. I can speak to the leather that Vanson uses and if wore through you were gonna wear through pretty much anything. The only thing i can think of is a thin spot in the skin and even then the thinner spots on their hides are still thicker than most.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

They make some fucking ugly green suits too.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Chuck, if you had most of your weight focused on that one spot that is gonna be the result. I can speak to the leather that Vanson uses and if wore through you were gonna wear through pretty much anything. The only thing i can think of is a thin spot in the skin and even then the thinner spots on their hides are still thicker than most.
    Probably right. I was leaning on my left forearm during the slide. It could've been much worse.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

I don't have a lot of personal experience with the fitment/quality of their product....but I can say that I recently ordered a jacket from them for a customer and whoever I spoke with on the phone was a complete jackass. Made me want to send our business elsewhere.

LRRS #313

Why don't you call and speak with the owner...he is there every day..your problem will be resolved at that point

Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    Why don't you call and speak with the owner...he is there every day..your problem will be resolved at that point
    Did you not read his post at all?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

Lifer

I've probably been there 12 times in the last 15 years and my experience with them pre-dates their move to Fall River.

It has gotten progressively worse with every visit. Less stock and definitely worse staff. I was at the open house and bought a pair of perforated pants and gloves. It took me less time to rummage through their racks find several pairs of pants in my size and try them all on than it did to simply pay for the stuff I wanted.

My jacket is in it's 15 th season and there's no doubt about the quality of the product, but it is a nightmare for the average rider to deal with the floor staff.

Has their style or technology changed since 1972?

So many other quality leather products on the market why bother with this stuff?

What you fail to understand is owners don't jump on the phone, they have what are called "employees" who handle questions and issues. Should you the customer not get resolution to an outstanding issue/problem, you should speak with the owner...The fact that the $10.00 an hour person who answered the phone says they are the only one there...sure behind the counter at that time....not in the business. I have been to Vanson 50+ times over the past 12+ years...NEVER BEFORE HAVE I JUST SEEN ONE PERSON....bunch of bs, they have 8-10 people there even on a Saturday working in various departments.

Call up and ask to speak with Michael Van Der Sleesen, when they ask what its concerning, tell the person your an upset customer and this is the last chance they have to make right before you take your current and future business elsewhere.

I can call right now and with in 5 minutes have Mike on the phone...

508-678-2000 his direct extension is 122

I have cc'ed Mr. Van Der Sleesen the link to this post...watch what happens now...

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post

Last edited by 9secondsflat; 05-25-12 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    What you fail to understand is owners don't jump on the phone, they have what are called "employees" who handle questions and issues. Should you the customer not get resolution to an outstanding issue/problem, you should speak with the owner...The fact that the $10.00 an hour person who answered the phone says they are the only one there...sure behind the counter at that time....not in the business. I have been to Vanson 50+ times over the past 12+ years...NEVER BEFORE HAVE I JUST SEEN ONE PERSON....bunch of bs, they have 8-10 people there even on a Saturday working in various departments.

Call up and ask to speak with Michael Van Der Sleesen, when they ask what its concerning, tell the person your an upset customer and this is the last chance they have to make right before you take your current and future business elsewhere.

I can call right now and with in 5 minutes have Mike on the phone...

508-678-2000 his direct extension is 122

I have cc'ed Mr. Van Der Sleesen the link to this post...watch what happens now...
    You obviously have no idea how a business works.

If you have to talk to the owner to get anything done, why have employees?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast