Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Vanson sucks.

Re: Vanson sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Dude, I LOVE the what if game!
    Based on just this thread, the "what if" is a very real possibility when we go back an look at how this one customer experience has been handled up to this point in time. Does it not beg the question as to whether or not it's worth the risk of others having this same outcome given their individual circumstances?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Based on just this thread, the "what if" is a very real possibility when we go back an look at how this one customer experience has been handled up to this point in time. Does it not beg the question as to whether or not it's worth the risk of others having this same outcome given their individual circumstances?
    The thread stopped being useful a few pages ago, it's long since transitioned to trolling shit show. I'm just enjoying the party now.

Lifer

The thread stopped being useful a few pages ago, it's long since transitioned to trolling shit show. I'm just enjoying the party now.
    The trolling is just marking time until 9secondsflat returns to save the day.

We're all waiting breathlessly for his next move...

Lifer

Threads stop being useful when people like you come in to post worthless shit.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Awesome; 05-30-12 at 02:02 PM.
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Threads stop being useful when people like you come in to post worthless shit.
    Nuh uh! You started it first when you posted the same guy's complaint three times as three different examples of past issues. PTHHHBBBBBBBBBBBBT! (That's me giving you a raspberry BTW.)

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Because of this thread, I will never, ever buy another Vanson product. What a bunch of asses.
    +1
    Now to get off their e-mail list. I don't give a rats ass about your open house Vanson!
    I will however, lead anyone wanting to purchase a Vanson product to this thread.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Lifer

Nuh uh! You started it first when you posted the same guy's complaint three times as three different examples of past issues. PTHHHBBBBBBBBBBBBT! (That's me giving you a raspberry BTW.)
    Welcome to the list of useless people.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

FYI, complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau. More people should use them.

FYI, complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau. More people should use them.
    I found that this was the only way to resolve a dispute I was having with Comcast at one point. For the longest time there was "nothing they could do", and then magically somebody called and was able to resolve the dispute immediately. The ratings themselves are pretty meaningless since a lot of companies will bribe people into pulling bad reviews, but it does seem that at least some companies notice when you file a complaint.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

The BBB is nothing but an well organized JOKE. The fuck're they gonna do? WHAT can they do? Utter waste of time. The BBB?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    The BBB is nothing but an well organized JOKE. The fuck're they gonna do? WHAT can they do? Utter waste of time. The BBB?
    Only a public record of the complaint and public rating of the business, and yet another message to the business that says, 'hey, you fucked up, smarten up'. What's to be done in the the current situations? After this experience I wouldn't put a vanson patch on my shoulder for anything.

All Vanson has to do is say they contacted the customer and the report to the BBB doesn't ding them in the least.

America

It will get worse before it really gets worser

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

The wrong style/fit jacket was ordered. Your fault
    The wrong size was ordered. Your fault
    You wanted it changed to fit you the way you wanted. Dumb idea, Van should have said no (to me that request speaks volumes of the OP's mentality) but they tried to please you. I'll call that one a draw.
    Poor communication about the repair. Vanson's fault.
    Post a rant online instead of going up the chain. Your fault.
    In that rant...

Customer rating: Ridiculous. Give me my fucking jacket back.
    Mr. Vanson pulls your jacket and tells you he will not do any work to it and will send it back to you(we'll all have to take your word on that one). That's what you asked for, isn't it?

It seems to me you are more pissed that he did not kiss your ass after the post and now you are just acting like a 2year old.

I'm going to give Vanson props for that one. I love that there is still a real company in this country, run by a real man, making a GREAT product, that isn't going to take shit from some guy who post on an internet forum who's signature is "You're wrong".

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

I have to disagree with you timmy, he didn't like how the jacket fit and asked vanson to alter it for a price and they agreed then proceeded to dick around for six weeks. I see no difference in his situation to having any garment altered or tailored to fit and then getting the runaround for an extended period of time.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post
    The wrong style/fit jacket was ordered. Your fault
    The wrong size was ordered. Your fault
    You wanted it changed to fit you the way you wanted. Dumb idea, Van should have said no (to me that request speaks volumes of the OP's mentality) but they tried to please you. I'll call that one a draw.
    Poor communication about the repair. Vanson's fault.
    Post a rant online instead of going up the chain. Your fault.
    In that rant...

Mr. Vanson pulls your jacket and tells you he will not do any work to it and will send it back to you(we'll all have to take your word on that one). That's what you asked for, isn't it?

It seems to me you are more pissed that he did not kiss your ass after the post and now you are just acting like a 2year old.

I'm going to give Vanson props for that one. I love that there is still a real company in this country, run by a real man, making a GREAT product, that isn't going to take shit from some guy who post on an internet forum who's signature is "You're wrong".
    Hey new guy. My buying the jacket does not reflect poorly on Vanson. Buying one size larger than normal and the jacket being way short is an observation, and as I stated, 'whatever'. I brought the jacket to vanson for a service to be performed, the service was agreed to, lied about and never performed, then refused when I expressed my dis-satisfaction. Five phone calls wasn't enough private requests for problem resolution? And you're speculating that I told the owner of the company to pull my jacket and not perform the work that I agreed to pay top dollar for? Where did I ask for someone to kiss my ass? The way it works is money is exchanged for goods and services in an ethical manor.

How many posts do you have here? All but one kissing Vanson's ass? Strange that you're the only one in a 12 page thread, aside from a 'friend' of the owner siding with this company, and you're basing it on the assumption that I'm lieing about the whole experience. Yeah, you're opinion doesn't hold water.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    I have to disagree with you timmy, he didn't like how the jacket fit and asked vanson to alter it for a price and they agreed then proceeded to dick around for six weeks. I see no difference in his situation to having any garment altered or tailored to fit and then getting the runaround for an extended period of time.
    Right, But when I was 24-25 I knew enough to drive down(1 1/2 hours one way) to try on different jackets and get fitted. I wasn't going to spend 600dollars and hope it fit. Once he figured out it did not fit the way he wanted the THEN drove to be fitted. He was told it would cost more to alter then buy a new one. What sense does that make? He should have just bought a new one.

"dick around" I seriously doubt they throw it in the corner. If he was that upset he should have gone up the chain BEFORE he started the thread. Maybe he would have been educated on leather and what matches. Maybe he would have been impressed at the standard of quality and attention to detail.

There giving his jacket back which is what he wanted, why is he still pissed?

I'm done.

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kb1 View Post
    Agreed - additionally how would you feel if you wound up missing a race weekend because of it?
    I wouldn't have bought the jacket in the first place.

And as far as having my suit altered, I have a contingency plan in that I have a spare suit. I gave them 3 weeks from the point that I brought it in until the next time I needed it. I knew it would be done in plenty of time, as mine were simple patches and not alterations to the garment.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Lifer

Right, But when I was 24-25 I knew enough to drive down(1 1/2 hours one way) to try on different jackets and get fitted. I wasn't going to spend 600dollars and hope it fit. Once he figured out it did not fit the way he wanted the THEN drove to be fitted. He was told it would cost more to alter then buy a new one. What sense does that make? He should have just bought a new one.

"dick around" I seriously doubt they throw it in the corner. If he was that upset he should have gone up the chain BEFORE he started the thread. Maybe he would have been educated on leather and what matches. Maybe he would have been impressed at the standard of quality and attention to detail.

I'm done.
    Your eyes are closed to the facts of the story, and your reading comprehension has missed and misconstrued the rest of them. Is there any mention of cost in this thread being an issue? The issues are service, contract, communication and flat out deceit topped with a childish fit when those experiences are publicly shared.

What I wanted was my jacket, which they agreed to perform a service on, to receive that service. In the time that they told me it would receive it would make sense, and delayed 6 times as long would be acceptable had I been told in the multiple phone calls that were made asking 'why the delay', 'what's the status', 'why aren't you returning my calls and answering any of my questions', and 'when will it actually be done'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    I wouldn't have bought the jacket in the first place.

And as far as having my suit altered, I have a contingency plan in that I have a spare suit. I gave them 3 weeks from the point that I brought it in until the next time I needed it. I knew it would be done in plenty of time, as mine were simple patches and not alterations to the garment.
    Noted, if you take anything to vanson you should have a backup suit just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    the usual trolling post.
    Chillax there Chuckie.

It was just a quote from a movie.

I'm done.
    I hope you get the same experience when you bring your bike in for service at a dealership. Then all of us can use your argument: SHOULDA JUST BOUGHT A NEW BIKE THAT ALREADY HAD ALL THE SERVICE DONE THAT YOU PAID THEM TO DO. YOUR FAULT.

I have a Vanson suit. I've gotten bigger since owning it. WTF should I do? Just buy another, or use their alteration service that THEY ADVERTISE:

"In addition to made-to-measure fit and custom design we also offer a full repair service. We will repair crash damage, replace zippers and snaps and open up or take in your garment if you've changed physically in the years since you purchased your VANSON. Some of these repairs are straightforward (zippers and crash damage) and some (re-sizing) must be looked at and priced on an individual basis. You can return your jacket for repair through your dealer or send it directly to us."

NOPE, can't use the alteration service, TIMMYhodoesn'tknow told me it would be my fault if I tried to pay them to do something THEY ADVERTISE and they didn't do it. Better just buy a new suit. And don't share my experience with others, god no.

Idiot.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Have to agree with Jay on this, seems pretty simple
    He asked Vanson to alter a Vanson jacket he owns - how, where, why, and for how much he got that jacket for is irrelevant to this thread.
    Vanson said "not a good idea, we can do this & that instead for $xx" - WIN by Vanson for advising the customer.
    Customer agrees to have "this & that" done for the $xx price. WIN for Vanson, they have a non-haggling customer.
    Vanson gives a one week estimate, customer questions that, and Vanson insists it will only be a week. FAIL by Vanson for getting the time wrong (but these things happen)
    Vanson does not complete work on time, and does not contact customer. Customer waits an extra week before calling for an update. FAIL by Vanson customer service here.
    Customer is given the run around when he called, and no one returns his call. This happens again a week later (and then a 3rd? time). FAIL by Vanson customer service.
    3rd (or 4th?) try and Vanson does call customer back, but cannot give a finish date now. Customer is told that the job is at the "tail end". FAIL by Vanson customer service.

I'm gonna guess here that the job being at the "tail end" means all the pattern work has been done and that the actual alterations will not be the bulk of the time spent on the project. I know nothing about tailoring, but to make a one-off machined part, all the time is in the planning & jig set up, not in making chips.

Customer posts his experience and frustration on the forum in a thread about - wait for it.... - "customer experiences" - LOST OPPORTUNITY for Vanson for not monitoring these types of forums very well.
    Things are ok until 9secondshowboat gets in a pissing contest w/smutty and the thread goes south. This is now out of Jay's hands....9secondshowboat injects himself into the problem..

If I'm Vanson, this one quote by the customer should be all I need to see to make sure I get his problem resolved and squash this thread.
    And I didn't put this thread up to start anything. I put it in the vendor review section to share the experience that I'm having with this business. I just don't spend all my time on a message board, nor am I looking to monitor the immature arguing that's going on in this thread. I am happy to see the review is getting attention. And I will be sure to continue to report how the rest of the story transpires. I am also dissapointed that my experience has brought me the point of putting this thread here.
    Unfortunatly, Vanson owner decides he would rather dismiss the problem instead of fixing it, which is his prerogative. Maybe Vanson's view of the issue is different, but FAIL by Vanson for not adhering to one of the most basic business rules, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT - especially in this economy. Then again, maybe it's just a matter of getting some air conditioning over there.....

2008 Fisher-Price Kawi 12VDC
    Exide hi-performance battery
    Frost-King duct tape reinforced steering damper
    Topps "Garbage Pail Kids" custom graphics

Things were so much easier when Kevin (Nixoid on the forum) still worked for Vanson.

I had issues getting a zipper replaced on my jacket (similar to Jay's but not as extreme) and Kevin ultimately took me and the jacket directly to one of the workers and had him fix it on the spot. Unfortunately for Vanson's customer service, he worked behind the scenes.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by ZX-12R; 05-31-12 at 11:00 AM.
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

I don't see how Jay's original purchase of the jacket, whether it fit him or not, comes in to play here at all. He didn't drive down to Vanson and say "hey I bought one of your products and it doesn't fit right. Can you tell me if I made a bad decision or not?"

He brought the jacket to Vanson, who informed him that they COULD MAKE THE APPROPRIATE ALTERATIONS TO THE JACKET IN A SPECIFIED TIME. They dropped the ball.

Honestly if it were me I would have maybe waited until the matter was resolved/had my stuff back before blasting them on a forum, but from the looks of how it was handled up to the time of the first post, who in the funny fuck knows when that might have been.

If you buy a piece of shit 15 year old gixxer and bring it to a Suzuki dealership for a tuneup and after weeks of them telling you that its almost done, to then find out no work was done, would it be appropriate for us to then say to you "well you shouldn't have bought that bike in the first place" ?????