Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Vanson sucks.

Re: Vanson sucks.

Really...I have no idea...my last company which I started from zero had well over 200 employees and revenues of 30 million...and you do what exactly?

As a business goes through its cycles it experiences challenges and a hands on one like Vanson which is a small business permits the owner to get involved directly with customers when needed to resolve issues. Any person who has built a company understands this. You may delegate duties and responsibility to your staff but at the end of the day its not their business which you have busted your ass, blood sweat and tears to build. They go home at the end of the day cash their check and you stay late almost every day to to make certain that the company has a future.

but I have no idea how to run a business...according to you.....

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    You obviously have no idea how a business works.

If you have to talk to the owner to get anything done, why have employees?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by 9secondsflat; 05-25-12 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    Really...I have no idea...my last company which I started from zero had well over 200 employees and revenues of 30 million...and you do what exactly?
    You didn't answer my question...

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

A couple notes on fitment...

Bunching.

If the shoulder to waist length is longer than the distance from the top of your thighs while sitting on the bike to the same point on your shoulder (as measured from the jacket) the jacket will bunch. The material has to go some where. The degree of annoyance of the bunching is determined by the length of the coat, the type, thickness and stiffness of the leather. A lot of coats will just roll over or the middle will take most of it but a lot of times with thicker leather it will get pushed into your neck. This is why the length of jackets marketed to sport riders are "always" shorter than cruiser style jackets, the riding position shortens the distance from your thighs to shoulder. There is a trade off for protection, comfort and look and the buyer is the only one who can determine what the best is.

Jacket riding up.

All clothes will ride up when you put your arms up. Do it right now, put your arms over your head and your tshirt will be higher up than before. This is a function of the top of the shoulder pulling at the bottom of the arm hole. Do it again and watch the bottom of the arm hole (a tshirts works well). As soon as you see the tension from the top of the shoulder transfer to the bottom of the arm hole the rest of the garment is pulled up. There is no way to eliminate this but you can reduce it by essentially making a smaller arm hole. The tighter the garment is to your armpit the longer the pull from the shoulder will take to get to the rest of the garment while raising your arms. Older style jackets that don't have gussets (expansion joints on the back) or curved sleeves will have to have bigger arm holes to allow movement of the arms which in turn exaggerates the lift on the body of the jacket due to the bottom of the arm hole being further down the body of the jacket. If you can get something with curved sleeves and gussets the armhole should be fit more snug up under the armpit and greatly reduce the jacket ridding up. The other issue is bad grading of sizes, which has been an issue with things made in Pakistan but they're unfortunately coming around with that. That's a whole other story.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

As a business goes through its cycles it experiences challenges and a hands on one like Vanson which is a small business permits the owner to get involved directly with customers when needed to resolve issues. Any person who has built a company understands this. You may delegate duties and responsibility to your staff but at the end of the day its not their business which you have busted your ass, blood sweat and tears to build. They go home at the end of the day cash their check and you stay late almost every day to to make certain that the company has a future.

but I have no idea how to run a business...according to you.....
    From what many here say this has been a problem for a long time and has been getting worse for 15 years. Call that a cycle if you will...

Seriously a machine operator...one who punches a time clock every day and you understand what it takes to build a company??? Go set up some cones, get a clue

From what many here say this has been a problem for a long time and has been getting worse for 15 years. Call that a cycle if you will...

Seriously a machine operator...one who punches a time clock every day and you understand what it takes to build a company??? Go set up some cones, get a clue
    You have to insult me to try to make your pathetic point.

I hate it when I'm right.

Here is an idea, come up with an idea, put up your own money, draft up a business plan, incorporate, hire employees, manage payroll, manage marketing, manage the growth, manage problems, provide a health care plan, a retirement plan, deal with compliance, state regulators, tax filings, advertising, inventory if its a product company, logistics- fulfillment, returns.....I am certain you will do very well as your an expert behind the keyboard, one who has spent their life in the shadows of someone else who does the above.

thats all you have ever been-no balls
    You have to insult me to try to make your pathetic point.

I hate it when I'm right.

Here is an idea, come up with an idea, put up your own money, draft up a business plan, incorporate, hire employees, manage payroll, manage marketing, manage the growth, manage problems, provide a health care plan, a retirement plan, deal with compliance, state regulators, tax filings, advertising, inventory if its a product company, logistics- fulfillment, returns.....I am certain you will do very well as your an expert behind the keyboard, one who has spent their life in the shadows of someone else who does the above.

thats all you have ever been-no balls
    Why do it when someone already has? Pilot leathers, heroic, etc. If I jumped into the market with all of the current competition it would be hard to gain initial market presence. There are some people making some great quality stuff which would take much planning to come up with a product that is comparable, never mind better. I'm not saying I want to start a business at this point in my life (want to graduate first), just saying the business structure of Vanson does not allow it to operate smoothly and efficiently. They have a great customer base and a good name for the product, but lack the customer support and service to go with the product.

You proved my point, your a very one dimensional thinker, not an out of the box thinker which is what it takes to run a profitable business...I never said start a leather business....I said come up with an idea....read it again.

Why do it when someone already has? Pilot leathers, heroic, etc. If I jumped into the market with all of the current competition it would be hard to gain initial market presence. There are some people making some great quality stuff which would take much planning to come up with a product that is comparable, never mind better. I'm not saying I want to start a business at this point in my life (want to graduate first), just saying the business structure of Vanson does not allow it to operate smoothly and efficiently. They have a great customer base and a good name for the product, but lack the customer support and service to go with the product.

You proved my point, your a very one dimensional thinker, not an out of the box thinker which is what it takes to run a profitable business...I never said start a leather business....I said come up with an idea....read it again.
    We were talking about leathers...

You want to hear about my next gen fleshlight idea in a leathers thread?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

38 minutes, that is all it took from when I sent Mr. Michael Van Der Sleesen an email until he responded directly to me...how easy is that. Rest assure the ops issue is going to get resolved.

What you fail to understand is owners don't jump on the phone, they have what are called "employees" who handle questions and issues. Should you the customer not get resolution to an outstanding issue/problem, you should speak with the owner...The fact that the $10.00 an hour person who answered the phone says they are the only one there...sure behind the counter at that time....not in the business. I have been to Vanson 50+ times over the past 12+ years...NEVER BEFORE HAVE I JUST SEEN ONE PERSON....bunch of bs, they have 8-10 people there even on a Saturday working in various departments.

Call up and ask to speak with Michael Van Der Sleesen, when they ask what its concerning, tell the person your an upset customer and this is the last chance they have to make right before you take your current and future business elsewhere.

I can call right now and with in 5 minutes have Mike on the phone...

508-678-2000 his direct extension is 122

I have cc'ed Mr. Van Der Sleesen the link to this post...watch what happens now...

Ideas are a dime a dozen, tens of millions of ideas die every day because people don't understand one thing...

HOW TO EXECUTE A PLAN

The world is filled with dreamers and critics....very few doers.

Which one are you?

We were talking about leathers...

You want to hear about my next gen fleshlight idea in a leathers thread?

In your attempt to prove your intelligence, you insult someone else's with a moronic, sophomoric post like this?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Sometimes the truth hurts, when a keyboard hero does nothing but put down a small local business in an effort to stir the pot...It does take someone like me, to set the record straight.....what I said is the truth...you may not like it but the medicine does not always taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    In your attempt to prove your intelligence, you insult someone else's with a moronic, sophomoric post like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    It makes me horny when you use dem big words like that.

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

I love how people like this guy can say "oh I started a company and I am better than you." You complain that people like csmutty are one dimensional and they choose to go and work for someone else who is like you, a business starter. Well guess what? If people like csmutty didn't exist you wouldn't have employees. Also all that stuff about blood sweat and tears etc was YOUR choice to start the company. You made a conscience decision to start a company (and since you are SOO smart) FULLY KNOWING all the ramifications that come with owning a company. Some people are happy to go to work and do their best to help their company/owner/YOU succeed.

Oh and last time I checked people are allowed to complain about shitty customer service it's a free country.

Oh and go visit this thread since you MR. GENIUS doesn't know how to use you're properly!

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...ends-here.html
    38 minutes, that is all it took from when I sent Mr. Michael Van Der Sleesen an email until he responded directly to me...how easy is that. Rest assure the ops issue is going to get resolved.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BostonSVkid; 05-25-12 at 08:58 AM.
    2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

38 Minutes is irrelevant when the OP's problem should have been solved weeks ago...

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

The point is the op was not aware of the proper steps to get resolution to his problem. The advantage of a small local business is the owner will gladly step in to fix it, when needed. Again I emailed the owner, and in 38 minutes he responded...the problem is now going to get resolved. You can complain all you want, pound your fist, jump up and down like a two year old...but is that going to fix the issue?

As for proper grammar...yeah my 9th grade English teacher had a field day with me....the irony is every year when I return to present a scholarship to a graduating senior heading off to college (its in memory of my mother) he comes up to me and says "I knew you would make it, even if you had problems in my class"

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSVkid View Post
    I love how people like this guy can say "oh I started a company and I am better than you." You complain that people like csmutty are one dimensional and they choose to go and work for someone else who is like you, a business starter. Well guess what? If people like csmutty didn't exist you wouldn't have employees. Also all that stuff about blood sweat and tears etc was YOUR choice to start the company. You made a conscience decision to start a company (and since you are SOO smart) FULLY KNOWING all the ramifications that come with owning a company. Some people are happy to go to work and do their best to help their company/owner/YOU succeed.

Oh and last time I checked people are allowed to complain about shitty customer service it's a free country.

Oh and go visit this thread since you MR. GENIUS doesn't know how to use you're properly!

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...ends-here.html

Your right, but what did you do to help fix the issue?

Someone didn't do their job and failed to provide a solution on a timely basis, maybe it was a break down in communication at Vanson between the repair department and the retail area...I don't know..point is its now going to get resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    38 Minutes is irrelevant when the OP's problem should have been solved weeks ago...

The point is the op was not aware of the proper steps to get resolution to his problem. The advantage of a small local business is the owner will gladly step in to fix it, when needed. Again I emailed the owner, and in 38 minutes he responded...the problem is now going to get resolved. You can complain all you want, pound your fist, jump up and down like a two year old...but is that going to fix the issue?

As for proper grammar...yeah my 9th grade English teacher had a field day with me....the irony is every year when I return to present a scholarship to a graduating senior heading off to college (its in memory of my mother) he comes up to me and says "I knew you would make it, even if you had problems in my class"
    As a consumer the owner of the company should not be involved with the individual transactions. The owner should be overseeing operations and should be in a QA role. They should be making sure that others are doing their jobs which ensures that the OP would never have a problem such as this. It could also be an problem related to under staffing or lack of training of the staff.

The point is the op was not aware of the proper steps to get resolution to his problem.
    Sounds like I should get an MBA before shopping for my next set of leathers...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

In most business there is a thing called escalation (I am sure you have heard this term before). You always start with the low people on the totem poll and work your way up. I agree the OP should have escalated it much sooner before the month went by. You could have made your point earlier by not putting other people down. Many people here have had poor service from this vendor and have chosen to spend their money elsewhere. People choose to share those things here on this forum. If you don't like the fact that this occurs well, tough shit. If you get this upset of something like this then I feel bad for your customers, employees and suppliers. Good day sir.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

Your right, but what did you do to help fix the issue?
    Wait what??? I was suppose to have a role in fixing the issue??? Wow, I really don't understand how small businesses work...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

And you read this where...a book in school, this is what is wrong today...the real world isn't always found between the pages of a text book. Small businesses need to have an owner operator around all the time.

When an owner does nothing but delegate and elect to run from afar as opposed to get their hands dirty, problems which could have been corrected early on (if they were hands on, involved in the day to day operations in all aspects) tend to cost much more to fix (time and money) by the time they get notified of the problem upstream.

I have witnessed first hand how regulators have shut down small business in the industry I was involved with because all they (the lazy owner) wanted to do was sit back, point their finger and expect results.

As a consumer the owner of the company should not be involved with the individual transactions. The owner should be overseeing operations and should be in a QA role. They should be making sure that others are doing their jobs which ensures that the OP would never have a problem such as this. It could also be an problem related to under staffing or lack of training of the staff.

Last edited by 9secondsflat; 05-25-12 at 09:27 AM.