Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 307

Vanson sucks.

  1. #126
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16,492

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    He said he got it on the net, not that it has any relevance to the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Misleading? Aren't they both saying the same exact thing???
    I interpreted "..on the net.." as "ordered from Vanson's site".

    Maybe I over read. Maybe everyone else knows what's going on and it's just me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #127
    Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,538

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Think this guy will ever make an appearance at Motorcycle Night?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

  3. #128
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,918

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Yup, I gotta agree. The only thing Mike did was confirm that there was no communication. Their so-called customer service was playing duck & run. The fact that he claims he's yet to hear from Jay proves how little he really knows about what's going on. A MONTH of being told, '...someone'll get back to you...'? C'mon. Oh, but kudos to you! You now have his jacket hanging in Mike's office. So here we are, a month later and Mike's also confirmed that they have yet to even START. You rock!

    BTW-for the record, I credit Vanson Leathers with being part of the reason I still roam this earth. I had their Avenger jacket & Sport Rider pants on the day of my accident some 10 years ago. In fact, I bought the Avenger when they were still in Stoughton. And how I wish that Avenger still fit me!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  4. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    299

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    The bottom line, the op didn't know how to get resolution to his problem. I suggested contacting the owner, I said I could have him on the phone with in 5 minutes...I sent an email and got an answer in less then one hour, did anyone else do anything to help the op out here?

    Most on this board would drive by a car on fire only yelling "piss on it" as their way of trying to help the owner..I would stop, grab my extinguisher and try to make a difference.

    Its up to the op now to contact the owner and choose the next step...its a 17 year old jacket...he probably didn't pay more then 100-150 bucks for it, if it does not fit (and the costs to repair will be far greater then he wishes to spend or wait) maybe he could just put it back up for sale on craigslist/ebay and purchase one that fits from Vanson or another mfg as others are so fast to promote.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #130
    Just Registered rolker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Still irrelevant. It's paid alteration work.
    I think matching 17 year old leather vs current stock is indeed relevant.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by rolker; 05-25-12 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling mistake before Frankenstein catches it!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

  6. #131
    Just Registered rolker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    Most on this board would drive by a car on fire only yelling "piss on it" as their way of trying to help the owner..I would stop, grab my extinguisher and try to make a difference.
    Yeah, but if enough of us liberal sheep got together to piss on it, would it be as effective as the extinguisher?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

  7. #132
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,864

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Your piggybank with two nickles inside makes alot more noise then mine which is filled.....get back to work so you can pay off your mortgage in 30 years and one day be debt free.
    How's that, like backing out of deals when you have to pay a vet bill?

    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to con more people out of money at some point.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  8. #133
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    299

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    It was a demand driven business....people like you were greedy, wanted a house which according to the media would never go down in value and you wanted your quick flip...people like you got drank the cool-aid and now are left holding the bag...

    So how does it feel to be a bag holder?



    Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    How's that, like backing out of deals when you have to pay a vet bill?

    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to con more people out of money at some point.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #134
    Just Registered rolker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Sure but is it relevant to the primary issue at hand, which is lack of communication?
    Good point, lack of communication is indeed the primary issue. Of course, Jay's vague description did seem to crap on Vanson a bit more than they deserve, in my opinion.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

  10. #135
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,864

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Bag holder? I'm not the one with the latent homosexual tenancies.

    It's ok, hang out with all your friends tonight they'll help you get over it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  11. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    299

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Cant you do better then that after all you have a degree you know the one your still paying on every month for at least another 10 years, unless your now part of the camp that believes they were lied to and should not have to pay back their student loans.


    ..
    Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Bag holder? I'm not the one with the latent homosexual tenancies.

    It's ok, hang out with all your friends tonight they'll help you get over it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #137
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    20,948

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    The bottom line, the op didn't know how to get resolution to his problem. I suggested contacting the owner, I said I could have him on the phone with in 5 minutes...I sent an email and got an answer in less then one hour, did anyone else do anything to help the op out here?

    Most on this board would drive by a car on fire only yelling "piss on it" as their way of trying to help the owner..I would stop, grab my extinguisher and try to make a difference.

    Its up to the op now to contact the owner and choose the next step...its a 17 year old jacket...he probably didn't pay more then 100-150 bucks for it, if it does not fit (and the costs to repair will be far greater then he wishes to spend or wait) maybe he could just put it back up for sale on craigslist/ebay and purchase one that fits from Vanson or another mfg as others are so fast to promote.
    Bottom line:

    OP was mislead on turnaround time.

    Communication was made on his part numerous times without anything of substance in return.

    "Jay, just wanted to let you know, this is an old jacket we just got in from you and may take a long time for us to modify. Would you like to proceed anyways?"

    Too hard to say? I just said it. Took me less time than it took you to CONTACT THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY TO ESCALATE AN ISSUE THAT SHOULD OF BEEN RESOLVED BY HIS OWN EMPLOYEES WEEKS AGO.

    If I have to contact the owner of the company to do what they said they would do, then I don't want to do business with them.


    As far as the "most on this board" comment: It is painfully obvious that you have never spent any time with the members here. They are the kindest, most giving, thoughtful and charitable group of IP's I have ever run across of on the internet. If you stopped tooting your own bitter horn now and again you'd realize that.

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2017 Ducati Multistrada 950
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  13. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    299

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Go give your fellow members a circle jerk tonight..


    '
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Bottom line:

    OP was mislead on turnaround time.

    Communication was made on his part numerous times without anything of substance in return.

    "Jay, just wanted to let you know, this is an old jacket we just got in from you and may take a long time for us to modify. Would you like to proceed anyways?"

    Too hard to say? I just said it. Took me less time than it took you to CONTACT THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY TO ESCALATE AN ISSUE THAT SHOULD OF BEEN RESOLVED BY HIS OWN EMPLOYEES WEEKS AGO.

    If I have to contact the owner of the company to do what they said they would do, then I don't want to do business with them.


    As far as the "most on this board" comment: It is painfully obvious that you have never spent any time with the members here. They are the kindest, most giving, thoughtful and charitable group of IP's I have ever run across of on the internet. If you stopped tooting your own bitter horn now and again you'd realize that.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #139
    Just Registered rolker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    Go give your fellow members a circle jerk tonight..
    In!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

  15. #140
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,864

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    Cant you do better then that after all you have a degree you know the one your still paying on every month for at least another 10 years, unless your now part of the camp that believes they were lied to and should not have to pay back their student loans.


    ..
    Actually, you're paying for my degree. Actually, my first, second and when I get my masters, Thanks.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by obsolete; 05-25-12 at 03:42 PM.
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  16. #141
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,687

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Well it got pretty exciting in here. Thanks for quoting 9second in this case, since he's been on my ignore for a long time now. No one from Vanson has contacted me. The jacket I bought was used, never even broken in, I was unaware what the manufacture date was, or how it matters. To my inspection it could have been 10 days or ten years old. The leather looks and feels like every other star jacket I've ever seen. This was never brought up as an issue. I did not bring this jacket to the open house, I brought it in on a regular old business day. Am I to interpret that comment as I bought a used jacket that happened to be old, so I'm cheap and not a valuable customer? I did not haggle or complain about alterations price and I did not ask for any special service. I specified that I bought the jacket used, and I wanted it to be fit to me. Money is not an issue, and I did not say I need this done in a week. I was told 'we will have this done and sent back to you in a week'.

    So now from what I'm reading, some guy that I don't know on the internet had to call his buddy, the owner of Vanson, and now my jacket that has not received any of the alterations is pulled out of the work queue? I don't see how that in any way addresses the issue.

    I have not been contacted by Vanson since the last call that was returned Wednesday, where I was told they were waiting to receive the right leather and it might be two weeks, but they don't know. The previous message I have before that said the jacket is at the tail end of the alterations. If anyone would like to hear my first returned call after my 3 or so, you'll have to tell me how to load if off of an Iphone.

    And yes, those patches that I asked them to add are NESR patches. Thanks Manny.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Awesome; 05-25-12 at 03:46 PM.
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  17. #142
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,908

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    Most on this board would drive by a car on fire only yelling "piss on it" as their way of trying to help the owner..I would stop, grab my extinguisher and try to make a difference but not before I repeatedly let them know how stupendous I am because I have a little money.....and THAT's what's important here me and my money.
    I just had this vision come to me...some angry rich guy shitting on people while he pulls them out of a burning wreck.


    Barry, I don't think anyone here really gives a shit that you have $145.52 in special savings. Some people can get through life just fine by appreciating the good things they do have without flaunting it around like an idiot.

    5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 05-25-12 at 03:56 PM.

  18. #143
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,437

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    If I ever "take a hard left turn" politically, blame it on 9secondsdouchebag.

    I know I can be a little "dad like" from time to time, but I hope I never come across as the absolute ass he has portrayed himself as in this thread.

    It's so bad, it almost seems like a put on.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    299

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Something does not sound right....never before have I heard of Vansons turn time being one week..its not as if they were just sewing on patches. Do you think it might be possible that you didn't hear them correctly? Could it be maybe they said 4-5 weeks or something similar???


    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Well it got pretty exciting in here. Thanks for quoting 9second in this case, since he's been on my ignore for a long time now. No one from Vanson has contacted me. The jacket I bought was used, never even broken in, I was unaware what the manufacture date was, or how it matters. To my inspection it could have been 10 days or ten years old. The leather looks and feels like every other star jacket I've ever seen. This was never brought up as an issue. I did not bring this jacket to the open house, I brought it in on a regular old business day. Am I to interpret that comment as I bought a used jacket that happened to be old, so I'm cheap and not a valuable customer? I did not haggle or complain about alterations price and I did not ask for any special service. I specified that I bought the jacket used, and I wanted it to be fit to me. Money is not an issue, and I did not say I need this done in a week. I was told 'we will have this done and sent back to you in a week'.

    So now from what I'm reading, some guy that I don't know on the internet had to call his buddy, the owner of Vanson, and now my jacket that has not received any of the alterations is pulled out of the work queue? I don't see how that in any way addresses the issue.

    I have not been contacted by Vanson since the last call that was returned Wednesday, where I was told they were waiting to receive the right leather and it might be two weeks, but they don't know. The previous message I have before that said the jacket is at the tail end of the alterations. If anyone would like to hear my first returned call after my 3 or so, you'll have to tell me how to load if off of an Iphone.

    And yes, those patches that I asked them to add are NESR patches. Thanks Manny.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by 9secondsflat; 05-25-12 at 04:11 PM.

  20. #145
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,687

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    Something does not sound right....never before have I heard of Vansons turn time being one week..its not as if they were just sewing on patches. Do you think it might be possible that you didn't hear them correctly?
    Not possible in the slightest. They told me, 'we will have this done by Friday'. I told them it is a long drive, so I'd like to have it shipped back. They said, that's fine, we will call you Friday for the payment and ship it.
    I asked to pay for it right then, but they said 'no, we'll just call your Friday.'

    I even questioned the one week turn. I said, 'wow, one week, that's fast. When I called on the phone a couple months ago they told me the alterations would take at least a month.' They said, yup, it'll just be a week.


    And I didn't put this thread up to start anything. I put it in the vendor review section to share the experience that I'm having with this business. I just don't spend all my time on a message board, nor am I looking to monitor the immature arguing that's going on in this thread. I am happy to see the review is getting attention. And I will be sure to continue to report how the rest of the story transpires. I am also dissapointed that my experience has brought me the point of putting this thread here.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Awesome; 05-25-12 at 04:28 PM.
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  21. #146
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16,492

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Still irrelevant. It's paid alteration work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Sure but is it relevant to the primary issue at hand, which is lack of communication?
    You are correct. I got distracted by prematurelyflat's massive string of bullshit. My eye left the ball, so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Good point, lack of communication is indeed the primary issue. Of course, Jay's vague description did seem to crap on Vanson a bit more than they deserve, in my opinion.
    Maybe, but you can't fault a guy after getting jerked around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    And yes, those patches that I asked them to add are NESR patches. Thanks Manny.
    Wait wait, there are NESR packages.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #147
    Redistribution Supplier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    133

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR750Mke View Post
    Hey just to add to this guys....they recently had an open house advertising to buy old leathers for a max of 100 bucks towards a new vanson. I have a twice worn joe rocket speedmaster like freakin new and i told them i wanted to buy a 700 dollar jacket if they gave me 150 for my twice used 500.00 joe rocket...Oh no we can't do that...Oh no guess you don't get my business.
    Me and my buddy went there during the first day of the trade in program a month or so ago.

    He bought a leather there last year during the no tax sale,it was a decent jacket,but it was made in El Salvador...He wanted a Made in USA one...He wore the jacket once last season,I think it was in the $400 range.

    So we go talk to the "only guy working" and ask about the trade in towards a new Vanson,he says something like the owner has to be here and has no idea how much he could give him for the jacket.

    WTF ? We go there specifically for the trade in program,on the day it starts and they don't do trade ins,or the owner has to be there ?

    I like my Vanson,but something is seriously wrong with that place.

    So

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  23. #148
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    12,170

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR750Mke View Post
    Hey just to add to this guys....they recently had an open house advertising to buy old leathers for a max of 100 bucks towards a new vanson. I have a twice worn joe rocket speedmaster like freakin new and i told them i wanted to buy a 700 dollar jacket if they gave me 150 for my twice used 500.00 joe rocket...Oh no we can't do that...Oh no guess you don't get my business.
    Their customer service problems are well known, but asking them to take in another manufacturer's product - especially Joe Rocket - is a little rich.

    You can't sell it on CL or eBay for more than $150? What does that tell you?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    Really...I have no idea...my last company which I started from zero had well over 200 employees and revenues of 30 million...and you do what exactly?

    As a business goes through its cycles it experiences challenges and a hands on one like Vanson which is a small business permits the owner to get involved directly with customers when needed to resolve issues. Any person who has built a company understands this. You may delegate duties and responsibility to your staff but at the end of the day its not their business which you have busted your ass, blood sweat and tears to build. They go home at the end of the day cash their check and you stay late almost every day to to make certain that the company has a future.

    but I have no idea how to run a business...according to you.....
    You are not the only one on this forum to have started a business or hired a bunch of people or dealt with customer service issues.

    I take it you are a Vanson customer? I AM a Vanson customer (one piece leather and Vent Max jacket) but bought my stuff "off the rack." MANY friends have had problems with custom orders with them, and have endured exactly the same cycle of late delivery / broken promises as the OP. You will find threads complaining of this on many forums.

    The Vanson story.
    Vanson FAQ

    Why does it take so long to get your products?
    There are 2 main factors that contribute to the long delivery issues that we have faced for the past couple of years.
    1. Raw materials supply. Like other manufacturing segments our supplier base has contracted. Many of the suppliers are smaller and do not have available stock at hand and we have to wait for their production cycle to occur. Several of our suppliers have gone out of business and we have had to source new ones, or change the specification of what we use.
    2. Labor hours and hand made quality. We make our items in the same meticulous way we have for 35 years. We have improved efficiency with some technologies, but nothing takes the place of hand cutting and individual sewing machine operators. We typically sell more items each week than we make, we continuously run a backlog.
    Vanson race suits have excellent quality, and they have made some of the right moves (like the Hybrid suit) to address competition from off-shore, low cost suits. But their customer communications suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Again View Post
    Wow! That really sucks! Good to know for me though as I am looking to get a new one piece. I was thinking of heading up there this Saturday to try on a bunch of different sizes if they had them there, and if not to get measured up. I seem to have a long torso. A 48 generally fits me (and did in their Hybrid suit), but in my Teknic 48 (U.S. btw), I end up with it really pulling up on my crotch very uncomfortably when off the bike. I know the suits are made for the riding position, but this is actually a bit too much than what is normal. The size 48 Vanso fit, but I didn't like the solid black color of the one I tried on. I like their 2 zipper front a lot.
    Let me know what suits you find that run long. I also have a long torso (6'2, 32" inseam) and the infamous "Mr. StayPuff" Vanson I have is plenty roomy in the waist but just barely long enough to wear. An AGV I tried seemed to fit better.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 05-26-12 at 08:34 AM.
    Newton's Third Law of Stupid. For each fact there exists an equal and opposite alternative fact.

  24. #149
    Lifer union's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blackstone, MA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    I love my vanson suit. It has saved me many times. My next suit will probably be a Vanson.

    That being said the customer service does suck. I cant seem to get them to return my emails for a repair job. Its to the point where I dont know if I will have them repair my stuff.

    Ive found the best way to deal with them is to be a pest. Call everyday and often.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

  25. #150
    Senior Member smokinjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    448

    Re: Vanson sucks.

    You have been there 50+ times? Is it possible that the average customer may get a very different experience than you? No one can be expected to make dozens of trips to ANYWHERE let (maybe a local market) alone a leathers manufacturer.

    Kind of a backhanded defense of them. Track down the owner and become a fixture in thier factory and you will be fine.

    Right. (are you for or against them?)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. Vanson Custom Suit - questions for people familiar with Vanson
    By Subaruzi in forum General Track Day Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-18, 08:13 AM
  2. For Sale - Gear | VANSON WOMENS LEATHERS- VANSON ELECTRIC VEST- TONS OF OTHER STUFF--
    By Tricklidz in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-15, 08:24 AM
  3. this sucks
    By bigred875 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-08-08, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •