Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Vanson sucks.

Lifer

Re: Vanson sucks.

and again

Terrible customer service, waited over 6 months for my custom jacket and they botched it, I complained and recived no satisfation, do not order custom work from Vanson. They don't tell customers that the "Boston, MASS" jackets are actually made in EL SALVADOR. After delivery became the victim of credit card fraud, only company I gave my Credit card info to? Yep, Nicole at Vanson.
    - - - Updated - - -

and again

This company produces excellent products and unbelievabley bad customer service. Literally worthy of ridicule. Go ahead, place an order and see what kind of response Mellissa gives you. NONE. Their E-Mail does'nt work, no one returns your calls and your orders are simply ignored as if they are NOT in the business of selling motorcycle garments. Do yourself a BIG favor and don't waste the time of measuring yourself and sending it in as they will completely ignore it. Go to a retailer and tell them F@CK VANSON! I will buy a garment from someone who respects their customers, makes themselves available to the people who pay them, and actually takes and acknowlages the orders sent them. My (month old) 1300usd order ignored? Congratulations, Vanson. You get the all-time worst, lame, incomprehisabley, retardedly, apathetically,mind-numbingly, sh@t-awful BAD trying to buy experience E V E R ! Go fu@k yourselves, and please continue not trying to contact me. It would be pathetic at this point. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many competitors to even attempt.I leave you retarded assh@les with this:If you get a good deal, you will tell your friends.If you get a bad deal, you will tell EVERYONE you meet.Guess which catagory you incompetent, inattentive, illogical, incomprehinsible, infuriating, apathetic, useless, irrelevant, piss-poor, timewasting excuses for humans fall into.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

and again. Apparently credit card fraud is also in their business model.

Nicole has the worst cutomer service I have ever encountered, literally yelled at me for attempting to place an order very nasty in general. Tried another, higher ranking employee, not much better. Very long wait for jackets. Had to special request that my jackets be made in the USA, that upset them as Vanson is now mostly a product of El Salvador, a fact they do not advertise, and no, the savings are not passed on to the customer. Once request was made for American made jackets emails were no longer replied to, I ordered 3 jackets at a cost of over $1,800.00 and they couldn't care less. I will never buy another Vanson jacket and will not recommend them to anyone I care about. I regret giving my credit card information to these people.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Ummm... you reposted the same complaint 3 times...

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Ummm... you reposted the same complaint 3 times...
    Driving it home.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FirstDuc-1098 View Post
    I guess it'll be Pilot for me on my next suit
    Exactly...

Lifer

Just to play devil's advocate here, it is possible they were not the source of the compromised CC number. Without getting too technical, it can be taken through email interception, database/transaction records/credit processor from the vendor without their knowledge, or there have even been cases of "officially unreported" database theft directly from credit card suppliers.

That said, it's certainly possible and is hardly the only reason to be worried about a transaction with a company who's business model is to take your money and silently sit on it. Granted, it would have only been 9secondsflat turn-around time if these people had known to email the CEO directly.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Driving it home.
    It weakens your argument if you have to resort to repeating. Now, if you're trying to google bomb... repetition on one page doesn't help either.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate here, it is possible they were not the source of the compromised CC number. Without getting too technical, it can be taken through email interception, database/transaction records/credit processor from the vendor without their knowledge, or there have even been cases of "officially unreported" database theft directly from credit card suppliers.

That said, it's certainly possible and is hardly the only reason to be worried about a transaction with a company who's business model is to take your money and silently sit on it. Granted, it would have only been 9secondsflat turn-around time if these people had known to email the CEO directly.
    Yup, email the owner and in 9 seconds flat he'll refuse to perform the service that they agreed to, and then return your jacket so that you can see that they lied to you when they said it's just about complete and shouldn't be much longer. I wonder how many weeks it will take them to put it in the mail.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    It weakens your argument if you have to resort to repeating. Now, if you're trying to google bomb... repetition on one page doesn't help either.
    My argument doesn't need any help. Anyone here think I'm in the wrong and vanson is in the right? Show of hands please.

jay, your signature says you're wrong

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

I wanted to wait for the absolutely rediculous poo throwing to die down before posting in htere. But this is seriously just plain messed up. And honestly I'm suprised anyone would defend vanson at this point in this situation. It doesn't matter how crazy your request was or how difficult it was for them to get materials. They aggreed to do work for you period. If it was going to be that much of an issue they should have said so up front, period. And seeing as they obviously don't want your money, through there actions leading up to this point, and then flat out saying, we don't want your money lol, I don't see how they could be defended. Having an awesome product only gets you so far. I could by a ferari but if it breaks down next week and can't be repaired what good does it do me. I had at one point considered saving up for one at one point. Not so much any more.

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

My argument doesn't need any help. Anyone here think I'm in the wrong and Vanson is in the right? Show of hands please.
    No skin in this game for me, but I agree with you. That said, I do wonder how the situation was presented by "the third party", and if that affected their response.

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    What you fail to understand is owners don't jump on the phone, they have what are called "employees" who handle questions and issues. Should you the customer not get resolution to an outstanding issue/problem, you should speak with the owner...The fact that the $10.00 an hour person who answered the phone says they are the only one there...sure behind the counter at that time....not in the business. I have been to Vanson 50+ times over the past 12+ years...NEVER BEFORE HAVE I JUST SEEN ONE PERSON....bunch of bs, they have 8-10 people there even on a Saturday working in various departments.

Call up and ask to speak with Michael Van Der Sleesen, when they ask what its concerning, tell the person your an upset customer and this is the last chance they have to make right before you take your current and future business elsewhere.

I can call right now and with in 5 minutes have Mike on the phone...

508-678-2000 his direct extension is 122

I have cc'ed Mr. Van Der Sleesen the link to this post...watch what happens now...
    I guess we now know what will happen...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZX6r View Post
    ...They aggreed to do work for you period. If it was going to be that much of an issue they should have said so up front, period...
    No, no, it's worse. OP says a few weeks into the 1 week process, he was told the alterations were almost done. Now he's being told that not only was it NOT started, but that they no longer have interest in making the alterations. Now OP either has to, A) travel a few hours round trip to pick up an unfinished 'repair', or B) pay to have the unfinished product return via parcel. Deplorable to say the least...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    It wasn't bad until he turned it into his personal political soapbox. No mention of customer service either...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    No mention of customer service either...
    That was exactly the bit that I noticed as well. Rules for building the safest race suit possible have nothing to do with interaction with the racer :-) .

Lifer

A lot of his attitude came through in the story.

Van der Sleesen, a man of both vision and diverse talents, set about building a modern manufacturing operation with both software and logistic systems. Computers in 1980, like the motorcycles of the time for those of you that don’t remember, were awful. While operating Vanson, Van der Sleesen also wrote a comprehensive Enterprise Resource Planning software system using the technology of the time. That same software system, with additional features but using the same source code, is still in use at Vanson today. In terms of manufacturing information technology, Van der Sleesen was about 20 years ahead of his time.
    20 years ahead of his time then so 10 years behind now but really its more like 20-30 years behind now because of how fast technology has moved in the last 2 decades.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Certainly an interesting read, but has a strong bias tone coming through, and almost reads like the CEO and/or company spokesperson was the only person interviewed. Despite that, the pictures with the story are nice to see a history. Possible that he was good with quality, but didn't know how to handle a serious market loss? So the crunch and layoffs were poorly handled, resulting in piss-poor atmosphere?

nedirtriders.com

Littering and........

Because of this thread, I will never, ever buy another Vanson product. What a bunch of asses.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

thats too bad vanson is a good company

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by kyle757 View Post
    Good by what standards?

You just stepped on a land mine man. Tread softly.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle757 View Post

Shannon

Good by what standards?
    I purchased a used suit there that has given good service, and a mesh jacket, ditto.
    Both products have been excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to buy off the rack from them in future.

I thought everyone already knew they had big problems scheduling custom work, especially this time of year. They need to learn the key phrase for customer satisfaction: "Underpromise. Overdeliver." They should have stopped after they told you "It will cost as much as a new jacket" as it would have saved the both of you a lot of grief.

Personally I hope they take action to clean up this part of their business. It would be a shame to see such a famous name go under.