Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Visit to Twisted Throttle today

Visit to Twisted Throttle today

As stated, together with a friend I used to work with I visited TT down in Exeter RI again today. My friend lives 2 minutes away from them and ride a H-D Heritage Softail, so they didn't have too much to interest him other than the GPS stuff. It was quite a bit easier to look around the showroom today than it was during their recent Open House event, for sure. I met up with my good friend (and member here) Ken Condon, his daughter Jeannine and also Jane (Jannus?) who is also a long-time member here. Jeannine is now a full-time Customer Service Rep there, so if you call and get answered by a sweet young lady, be aware that she really knows her way around a motorcycle, as I've seen her doing track days since she was 15 (now 22) and she can ride circles around me because I'm a big old chicken now.

I encourage everyone to do business with for GPS mounts, soft-sided and hard bag bike luggage and so much more. Great staff when they're not trying to handle over 1000 people at the same time!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Re: Visit to Twisted Throttle today

These guys friggin rock!

I went down there last week to get some hard bags for my bandit. I asked one of their reps (Jeanine?) on the chatbox about the kinds of luggage that they had in stock. She was able to confirm that they had several sets of the Givi luggage I was interested in.

So I made the hundred mile trek down to their store, which despite being out in the boonies, was very easy to find. Once inside, I asked the man behind the counter, Will, about the kind of luggage I wanted. After I made my decision, he clicked a few times on his computer, then picked up his phone and said "order up" like it's a deli or something .

Within a few minutes another employee brought the package out front. Will was very helpful in answering my questions about the use of the latch mechanism.

You'd be hard pressed to find a motorcycle store that has that kind of selection, inventory, and customer service in this area.

Oh, and sorry for the thread hijack.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I got my e21s on my versys from TT, perfectly sized bags IMO, good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    These guys friggin rock!

I went down there last week to get some hard bags for my bandit. I asked one of their reps (Jeanine?) on the chatbox about the kinds of luggage that they had in stock. She was able to confirm that they had several sets of the Givi luggage I was interested in.

So I made the hundred mile trek down to their store, which despite being out in the boonies, was very easy to find. Once inside, I asked the man behind the counter, Will, about the kind of luggage I wanted. After I made my decision, he clicked a few times on his computer, then picked up his phone and said "order up" like it's a deli or something .

Within a few minutes another employee brought the package out front. Will was very helpful in answering my questions about the use of the latch mechanism.

You'd be hard pressed to find a motorcycle store that has that kind of selection, inventory, and customer service in this area.

Oh, and sorry for the thread hijack.
    That's no thread hijack at all! It's just what I was hoping to see, thankyouverymuch.

I made a very expensive trip to their website before a long trip, and I am very happy with the quality of the products I received, and from the customer service. I ordered a set of lights, and apparently the wrong switch was sent out by the manufacturer. I only know this because I was contacted by them asking me to confirm I had the wrong switch.

I was confused though, because the switch worked perfectly fine. When the lights were on a single yellow LED was on, and when the lights were off, the light was off. But apparently this wasn't good enough for them and it didn't meet their expectations. They sent me the right one, one that has a red LED for off, and a green LED for on.

I was impressed that they went through all that effort to fix something I didn't even think was a problem (I still have the old switch on there, no sense in doing all that work for nothing, and it's nice to have a backup). I hope to be able to visit the store some day.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

Gotta stop in since I live 5 minutes away and ride by daily.

2013 ZX6R-636

Stopped in Saturday.
    Good people.
    Good service.
    Good coffee too!

I need to stop in there. Maybe check out GPS goodies for the T. Have met some of their folks and they all seem to be great people.

Don't Fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

NEW STREET/TRACK: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono
    STREET/TRACK: '08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
    '07 VFR800 (SOLD)

While I was there today one of the reps from wholesale distributor Tucker Rocky was there. He had with him a new Arai carbon fiber helmet....list $3,995. Ouch! It weighed next to nothing, looked cool as hell. Fortunately he had it in a Corsair size M, and I fit into a Signet-Q size L. Whew!

My friend and I got invited to join the staff for "Burnt Meat Wednesday", a weekly luncheon for staffers during the warmer months for which the company provides hot dogs and burgers. All are gleefully cooked to either a delicate crunch or crackly crisp. Special invites rock.

Twisted Throttle has generously sponsored the Bennington Triumph Bash the past couple of years, for which I'm very grateful to them.

I also really like some of the original products they're coming out with, especially their DrySpec luggage system.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

They have a VERY cool mount adapter for RAM GPS mounts on Tiger 800's. It bolts on driectly into some "extra" tapped holes on the back of our instrument clusters and has a 1" ball mount. That allows you to place the GPS on the same focus plane as the speedometer/tach, above them.

I came close to spending the $59.95, but am close to finishing my own way of doing it. Why buy for $60 something I can machine myself for a couple hunert?

Quote Originally Posted by SprintPoser View Post
    My friend and I got invited to join the staff for "Burnt Meat Wednesday", a weekly luncheon for staffers during the warmer months for which the company provides hot dogs and burgers. All are gleefully cooked to either a delicate crunch or crackly crisp. Special invites rock.
    Anyone who "happens" to be in the showroom around noon on Wednesdays is welcome to join us for burgers and dogs....

Kev

Lifer

I've ordered from them before. Happy as can be.

Funny thing is I went to register on their website shortly after I bought the V-Strom to order some goodies. Low and behold someone had already registered... but they use emails?!
    Yup, turns out I registered years ago for some bits for the bandit and just straight up forgot. Website and logos have changed since then it seems. Either that or my memory just sucks. 50/50 shot going either way.

Quote Originally Posted by fineout View Post
    I got my e21s on my versys from TT, perfectly sized bags IMO, good choice.
    I have a set on my 'strom. Love 'em. Easily the best thing I've ever done to a motorcycle; adding locking bags. Increases the utility of the bike 100x. And I kinda dig the look of a bike with side bags.

Visit to Twisted Throttle today-crw_2020-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nixoid View Post
    Anyone who "happens" to be in the showroom around noon on Wednesdays is welcome to join us for burgers and dogs....

Kev
    ROAD TRIP!

I need to swing down with the baby blade at some point to get a good cellphone mount setup. All the right bits were there during the open house, but I didn't dare commit without having my bike with me so I could test fit.