2 Day School Report & 6/24 DRNE with Doug Chandler Info

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

2 Day School Report & 6/24 DRNE with Doug Chandler Info

Two Day School
    We had a couple of great days at the track....the forecast was a bit sketchy but we ended up getting great weather all day Wednesday and most of the day Thursday. The students that we had this year were really good - riders were asking smart questions throughout the day and I saw some real progress with many, many riders. The bonus was all the smiling faces that we had. Schools like this are what make the teaching part of this job really worthwhile. I looked at photos from the track experience and Basic groups from day 1 to day 2 and saw a lot of improvements, and I know that many of the riders in our advanced course made breakthroughs to new lap time levels after being stuck on a plateau. Thanks to the help of John Grush and his son Tristan we were able to implement a new trackside video review element to the course that was very well received.

I want to thank not only all the students that came but also our outstanding staff of instructors who worked hard shared their time and knowledge all throughout the school. We're looking forward to next year already!

DRNE with Doug Chandler
    DRNE is a track day for all brands of motorcycles with a Penguin twist. We have three groups of riders (two with no inside passing to make it more comfortable), all of which will not only have lots of track time but also the opportunity to get both classroom and 1 on 1 instruction. As an added bonus, we are bringing in 3 x AMA Superbike Champion and former MotoGp rider Doug Chandler. Doug is a world caliber rider, member of the AMA hall of fame and a super-personable motorcyclist. He will be working with all of our students during the course of the day.

Don't miss the opportunity to come out and ride, get some great instruction and rub elbows with a motorcycling icon! DRNE June 24

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 2 Day School Report & 6/24 DRNE with Doug Chandler Info

How much is the DRNE track day?

Lifer

I was there 6/13. I had a really good time right up until the end.

I was completely blown away by the level of knowledge and dedication your staff demonstrated. I can only hope some of that knowledge accidentally rubbed off. I really enjoyed crashing your TT-R in the back lot. Thank you for that opportunity.

Scott Greenwood actually hunted me down while I was visiting in the garages after hours to finish a line of questions I had started earlier. You guys are "legit" serious about this and it shows in every respect.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

School was a blast, I wanted to track you down and let you know that I loved the 2 day format but I got distracted by racing. The video work looks like it'll be a big asset once you get it dialed in too. I'm assuming track scheduling is the primary reason you don't do more 2 day events each year?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny NoLaw View Post
    How much is the DRNE track day?
    DRNE is $280. It should be a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    School was a blast, I wanted to track you down and let you know that I loved the 2 day format but I got distracted by racing. The video work looks like it'll be a big asset once you get it dialed in too. I'm assuming track scheduling is the primary reason you don't do more 2 day events each year?
    There are potential opportunities to do more. What's the consensus on participation? We would consider adding a 2nd two day school later in the year if there was a demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I was there 6/13. I had a really good time right up until the end.

I was completely blown away by the level of knowledge and dedication your staff demonstrated. I can only hope some of that knowledge accidentally rubbed off. I really enjoyed crashing your TT-R in the back lot. Thank you for that opportunity.

Scott Greenwood actually hunted me down while I was visiting in the garages after hours to finish a line of questions I had started earlier. You guys are "legit" serious about this and it shows in every respect.
    Thanks for the feedback. SG Is not only a super fast racer, he genuinely does care about the students in his class.

Glad to donate the TTR for another year of thrashing. We are giving it some upgrades for nest season.....

The only thing that is holding me back from committing right now are my mechanical issues. Once those are sorted, I'll gobble up as many two days schools as you can toss out.

Signed up for DRNE!

I look forward to seeing you there. We are working on getting another guest together - it's just not 100% right now so we cannot announce it.

Im there monday. I went to last years Ducati Revs with EBoz....great event. Signed up for this one and so looking forward to it. A great event.

Edited to add: If youre at this event please find me so we can put face to screenname. Lets go have some fun!!!

Last edited by jwm2k3; 06-23-13 at 01:08 AM.

The 2 day school was amazing I would not hesitate to do it again! Can't wait for tommorow!

I really enjoy the Ducati Revs days. We had a really good day at the track, and everyone looked to have a really good time. Doug Chandler had some really sharp insights for the classes, and rode through almost 2 tanks of gas in the afternoon while helping students on the track. It had been almost 10 years since I'd seen him but he remains the class act that I remembered from years ago. We lucked out with the weather, as it was nice and sunny all day and the rain did not come until about 20 minutes after the last session!

I want to give a big thanks to everyone who came and all the dealer groups who brought their customers along....all the smiling faces at the end of the day is what makes all the effort worthwhile.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yesterday was a blast even though I left my Duc at home and took my SV.

Connected with your instructor Steve - great guy.

2 hour track walk was a little long but other than that, awesome day all around...and friggin Paul Smart!?!?! Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    Yesterday was a blast even though I left my Duc at home and took my SV.

Connected with your instructor Steve - great guy.

2 hour track walk was a little long but other than that, awesome day all around...and friggin Paul Smart!?!?! Awesome!!
    Thanks very much for the kind words. Hopefully we can do it again very soon.

It was certainly a great day!!

Steven

Wait....why didnt I see Paul Smart? When did he get there?

Also, how about the guy with one arm? Damn hes got balls...

Paul Smart was mingling with riders in the garage all afternoon - he got there just after lunch.

The guy with one arm is a perfect example of why I love this sport so much, it brings out the people who love to be challenged. I talked with him for a bit and we was a great guy. Good stuff.

I like to surf and there's a guy who I see occasionally surfing a longboard in big storm surf in Rhode Island with a prosthetic leg...he surfs well, too!

I've never said anything to him and its obvious he's not trying to impress anyone...surfing is just too difficult for that, especially in big surf with a longboard; usually the weather is nasty and no one is watching except other surfers anyway. I figured he'd rather just be left alone as surfing can sometimes be a solitary thing and he's a local and I'm not (LOL).

I was damn impressed, every time I've seen him, which is probably about 10 times. Wouldn't be surprised to find out someone on this board knows him...

Anyway, sorry to threadjack but I think its cool when people just DO it, no matter what. See also Bethany Hamilton and Jesse Billauer (Bethany still surfs after a shark took her arm, and Jesse still surfs, with assistance and on his belly, after a paralyzing surf injury).

Obviously, there's also Doug Henry, maybe the coolest and most nuts of all of them

I'll second the Doug Henry thing. Who'd imagine that someone paralyzed from the waist down would be faster on an MX bike than myself and a number of other very experienced riders (rode with Doug last year and couldn't stay with him) and who can do a BACKFLIP on a bike. He is one of the most impressive human beings I know. Always 100%, always with a smile.