2018 Penguin: Event #1, venue updates and a NEW program for kids & small bikes (Grom)

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

2018 Penguin: Event #1, venue updates and a NEW program for kids & small bikes (Grom)

Good afternoon all and welcome to 2018! I think the snow in my front yard should be all melted soon (the 60's coming this weekend will be a nice change). The stripped chassis in my basement will hopefully be fully transformed into a race bike a few days before the first event on April 27th! For those of you doing LRRS racer practice, our SEASON PASS deal gets you 7 practices for $749, plus a number of other benefits, be sure to check it out!

Event #1 - April 27th at Loudon The best pricing for pre-registration runs until April 17th for our event #1. We have Track Experience, Basic License Certification, and the Advanced Course. REGISTER HERE for April 27th and get the best pricing!

The "Under 500cc" Group June 3rd at Canaan. This class is built to combine a few groups of riders into one place and give them a fun, comfortable place to ride. We've had a few requests from younger riders (12+) who wanted to try riding the track but were not comfortable riding with all the big bikes in an open group. Our aim is to give these kids an opportunity to ride, and to combine them with any other riders on up to 500cc machines who want to try the track in the lowest pressure, most relaxed environment possible. Finally, we've had several riders on small machines (Grom's, Z125's, XR100's and some vintage machines) who were looking for a place to ride these slower machines on the "big" tracks. Canaan is the perfect venue for all these groups, and this Under 500cc class provides an opportunity for them all to experience a great day at the track.

We wanted to get the word out about this now. Basic information is available HERE and will be updated in the coming weeks.

Z125Track.png

Special Events
    • Canaan NESBC Days - track days, coaching, and fun "races" at the end of the day for riders in all groups. Find out what everyone has bee talking about. Everyone from Expert Racers to track day riders on FJ1300's (you know who you are) had a great time last season.
    • Thompson Kawasaki RTR on September 17 - Bonus features (some cool stuff) in the works, watch out for the announcements on this once-a-year event!
    • New England Dealer Challenge - August 26th at Canaan. Dealers form teams and compete for the title of "fastest dealership in New England". Mixed into our track day is a one our slot for compatition. This year will feature street bike, advanced track day, racer and (NEW) a "champions" class that is open to anyone (Rossi's invitation has been mailed). Who's going to unthrone Manchester Honda???
    • New York safety Track - a special 2 day event at this beautiful facility with lots of special features, including top-flight guest coaches/instructors like Jason DiSalvo & more!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018 Penguin: Event #1, venue updates and a NEW program for kids & small bikes (Grom)-2018-brochure-final-pdf-adobe  

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Woodcraft; 04-12-18 at 12:45 PM.

Banned

Re: 2018 Penguin: Event #1, venue updates and a NEW program for kids & small bikes (G

Hmmmmm, dealer challenge, you say? Paging Adrenaline Cycle.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 2018 Penguin: Event #1, venue updates and a NEW program for kids & small bikes (G

Is the June 3rd at Canaan date the earliest that you could Run a Grom Legit..... or will Penguin acept Groms at NHMS??
    or other tracks poss...

thanks

June 3rd is the date. We don't run them at NHMS - it's just not a safe thing to do with bigger bikes in the mix there (even the 300's are 40+ mph faster..). We're going to run a test program that puts some younger kids & newer riders together with Groms and the like. If it catches on, we'll do it again at the July Canaan event.

Canaan is perfect for this type of thing as the speed differentials from bigger bikes to small bikes are smaller at this track than any other full road course in New England - by a fair bit. If you guys are into this, please get a big group out there - if you know where to have me get the word out, please let me know!

Ok sounds good........ I will spread the word on the Grom pages

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    June 3rd is the date. We don't run them at NHMS - it's just not a safe thing to do with bigger bikes in the mix there (even the 300's are 40+ mph faster..). We're going to run a test program that puts some younger kids & newer riders together with Groms and the like. If it catches on, we'll do it again at the July Canaan event.

Canaan is perfect for this type of thing as the speed differentials from bigger bikes to small bikes are smaller at this track than any other full road course in New England - by a fair bit. If you guys are into this, please get a big group out there - if you know where to have me get the word out, please let me know!

What about a short track race back side where the Legends cars do the small oval??? Id love to help and get it moving if needed...

I've been talking and asking for this type of thing for a couple years now. Ideally NHMS had a go kart track and we could run a full-on mini series like they do at NJMP. Until that happens, I'm going to try to get things rolling at Canaan. Big Corporations move slow, and if we get a little momentum going then it will help make it more successful if and when they finally do pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    What about a short track race back side where the Legends cars do the small oval??? Id love to help and get it moving if needed...
    You can come to Boxshop FYI.