9/13 Weather

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

9/13 Weather

Things look a little hit or miss today, but the hourly forecast for Friday says that the rain should be gone by 9AM. We should have a great day to get out there and practice for this weekend!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 9/13 Weather

The weather's gonna be perfect for some track time! Nice & cool, mostly overcast. Says ME...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Well, you ARE the authority around here - so we'll take that word as law!

Looking forward to my first track experience. What is the latest that I should be at the track by?

I would be there at 7AM to get all signed up, tech'd and ready to go. Opening meeting is at 8AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    I would be there at 7AM to get all signed up, tech'd and ready to go. Opening meeting is at 8AM.
    I have rented a bike through Penguin, I am guessing the tech would be for my gear alone?

Lifer

Experienced the track with ya'll today. Had a positively fantastic time. Big thanks (once again) to Scott and Steve. They run a helluva class experience.

I don't know who you buy your fair weather from. But well done sirs, well done. I am not sure track experience riders had a single drop fall on them and only two 'damp but drying' sessions.

Once again, Scott went the extra mile to help me out.

I have to say, I did a day with Penguin in June and found it a bit awkward. I now think that was my fault. It was the day before the Classic when you guys were running your 2 day. I did not attend day 1, just day 2. All day I felt out of sync with everything. In retrospect, I should have done both days in June or waited for a single day like today.

The only thing I kinda missed today was getting to rip around on repeatedly crash your little 125cc 'tard with the dirt track tire. We did that in June (also in the rain!) and it only stung a little!

I'm glad that you had such a good time. I'm quite proud of our guys, who do an excellent job with instruction. I look forward to seeing you again next season!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Experienced the track with ya'll today. Had a positively fantastic time. Big thanks (once again) to Scott and Steve. They run a helluva class experience.
    Once again, Scott went the extra mile to help me out.
    Great to see you Bubs, I was gonna visit but my battery died and I had to scramble to get sessions in. Next time!
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I don't know who you buy your fair weather from. But well done sirs, well done. I am not sure track experience riders had a single drop fall on them and only two 'damp but drying' sessions.
    I drove through rain to get there Friday morning, and when I arrived the sun was out and track was good. It rained at home all weekend while we enjoyed sun and moderate temps, simply amazing way to spend a fall weekend!

Eric, sorry about your bike. It was good to see you back out there, gives us newbies hope!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Thanks. Sunday was less than comfortable....I definitely damaged my MCL on my left knee Saturday. I'm hoping that I'll be in a lot better shape three weeks from now. I got a lot of help from Pete Kates & crew, plus my friend Dan Rosato in getting my backup bike together and I really appreciated it.

Eric, I don't know how you did it, but great job on making the little midday showers coincide with the lunch break. I had my rain bike on "alert-5" all day, but never had to deploy it.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"