April 15th Event Summary

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

April 15th Event Summary

We had a nice chilly weekend at the track, and I know that lots of guys elected to start riding in May this season. After my 38 degree MWGP race on Saturday, I can understand that - but kudos to everyone who made the effort to get out there and ride. We had good weather on Friday afternoon and the Sunday races were good as well.

Basic Students now ready for racing or practice

23 riders took to the track for the final exam for the Basic Course (formerly known as the rookie race) this weekend. The new program allowing students to participate without fully race prepping their motorcycle was very successful. These students are now qualified to start racing and are eligible to come back and practice with us on any PRS Friday for only $135 (pre registration price). This is a great deal for inexpensive track time!

LRRS also has a deal allowing first time racers to register for their first race weekend for only $30/race.....letting them test the waters for a super low price!

Pre Registration

Penguin rolled out several new programs for 2011, and many riders were still unaware of the savings packages that we had for pre registration. If you are planning on coming to a future PRS event (practice or school), be sure to sign up in advance and take advantage of the savings.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: April 15th Event Summary

I really have to thank you guys for running that deal for 1st time racers. I'm back to work now, but this winter I decimated my racing budget so w/out the discounts I wouldn't have been able to race.

all though friday/saturday weren't all that enjoyable for me because of the weather and other conditions with the bike I had a blast on Sunday. Thanks for all the hard work and effort to get us rookies out there as cheap as possible. I still spent a ton of money but it was mostly PK raping my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    I really have to thank you guys for running that deal for 1st time racers. I'm back to work now, but this winter I decimated my racing budget so w/out the discounts I wouldn't have been able to race.
    you should have taken advantage of the discount and done the GT race even if you didn't have the endurance. You could have always pulled in early if you felt too tired to finish. You're picking it up very quickly and more track time is only gonna help that. The best way to get into riding shape is to ride more.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post

you should have taken advantage of the discount and done the GT race even if you didn't have the endurance. You could have always pulled in early if you felt too tired to finish. You're picking it up very quickly and more track time is only gonna help that. The best way to get into riding shape is to ride more.
    I had 40 bucks left so it was either the GT, or fuel and something to eat on the ride home! I originally planned to do all 3 but an un-planned trip to wal-mart for a tarp, drop-light, and space heater ate up the rest of my entry fees

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

I had 40 bucks left so it was either the GT, or fuel and something to eat on the ride home! I originally planned to do all 3 but an un-planned trip to wal-mart for a tarp, drop-light, and space heater ate up the rest of my entry fees
    damn wish I knew that, I had an extra bed at the hotel you would have been welcome to use.

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

You've got a month to recover before the next one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    You've got a month to recover before the next one.....
    drug dealer