Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eric Bostrom and Cook Neilson Guest Instructing at Ducati Revs New England June 25th!

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Eric Bostrom and Cook Neilson Guest Instructing at Ducati Revs New England June 25th!

Ducati Revs New England Update - Now with Eric Bostrum and Cook Neilson!

The Ducati Rev's event keeps getting better. AMA Superbike star Eric Bostrom and Ducati Icon (and Hall of Fame member) Cook Neilson, will join the Penguin School’s staff for the special Ducati Track day event at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on June 25, 2012. Students will have an opportunity for both classroom and track time with both Cook and Eric throughout the day. We are really excited to add these to international icons to our staff on this track day event.

The opportunity to learn from professionals like Eric and Cook, both who competed at such high levels in their racing careers, is the type of unique experience that Penguin loves to incorporate into these days. These riders are not only highly accomplished, but they are extremely personable and enjoy sharing thier experiences with fellow motorcyclists - it's a great fit.

Eric Bostrom
    The multi talented Eric Bostrom's career includes World and AMA Superbike competition as well as championships in Dirt Track, Supertwins, Formula Extreme and Supersport. He is currently taking his talents to bicycles and chasing the Pro Mountain Bike Ultra-Endurance Tour (Pro UET) championship and also races Cyclo Cross in the winter against his brother Ben. Keeping in touch with his motorized side you can find riding impressions and articles written by Eric in several current motorcycle magazines. "I'm always excited to get to the track. Sharing the joy of buzzing around with other riders is impossible to beat or replace. On top of that, riding bikes is not only a fountain of youth, it's also a constant learning curve. I always enjoy sitting in on a class like the Penguin school for this reason." - Eric Bostrom

Cook Nielson
    AMA and Ducati motorcycle Hall of Fame member, former motorcycle journalist and Superbike Racer Cook Nielson will be featured in a lunch time Q & A that will be hosted by school founder, Jerry Wood. Jerry Wood witnessed first-hand Cook’s celebrated 1977 Daytona Superbike victory on a Phil Schilling-tuned Ducati 750 Supersport (as he was a fellow Daytona competitor). Cook was the editor of Cycle magazine, has 19 AMA wins to his credit, and was the inspiration for the famed NCR "New Blue" that debuted several years ago.

The Penguin site will be updated with all of this information by the end of this week....but NESR members are hearing it first!

To go to the registration page for this event CLICK HERE

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Re: Eric Bostrom and Cook Neilson Guest Instructing at Ducati Revs New England June 2

That is awesome.............

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Eric Bostrom and Cook Neilson Guest Instructing at Ducati Revs New England June 2

oh man, would love to meet Eric Bostrom, huge fan of his.

Hey Eric,
    I know this is a great event in it's own right, but would you recommend it for a first time track experience (on a non-race bike)? I have a thruxton that I want to take up to the track, but with this being a bigger event than a normal school would you say it makes sense to attend a more "low-key" friday instead?

wow, I really have to see if I can get that day off. Damn work

Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Quote Originally Posted by tonupdamien View Post
    Hey Eric,
    I know this is a great event in it's own right, but would you recommend it for a first time track experience (on a non-race bike)? I have a thruxton that I want to take up to the track, but with this being a bigger event than a normal school would you say it makes sense to attend a more "low-key" friday instead?
    Absolutely. These Ducati days are as low key as it gets.....there will be a good turnout, but the riders tend to be more mellow. I would strongly recommend this date as a first track day - absolutely.

In! Bringing my 2012 Ducati 848evo Corse SE.....now just gotta get it broken in before the 25th!!

It looks like a great event. I wanted to make it this year but I'll have to wait another year.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I will be a great event. I look forward to seeing a bunch of NESR guys there.

I talked a bit with Eric Bostrom and he is really looking forward to coming to this event. Back when the AMA was here, Eric was super-fast at this track. I still have a picture of him in my head backing it in at full lean on his ZX6 into turn three every single lap. He was also one of the fastest riders I had ever seen through the Turn 12 chicane. He is full of stories of tracks around the world that have real applications here, and is anxious to share them with our guys.

For guys that have been around, Cook Neilson is a motorcycling icon who was been around a long time. He is quite a character and has been entrenched in the motorcycle industry for many decades. I'm sure that our students will enjoy his unique perspectives and stories of racing with the legends of the 70's and 80's.

YES! Eric was railing through 11 so freaking fast, mowing the grass with his knee and STUFFING it through 12 like no one else. That was enlightening to watch and has stuck with me to this day. I would LOVE to be at this event...

Paul_E_D

I hope someone is going to get video. Wish I could be there.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I had the good fortune to work with both E-Boz and Cook and both are Great guys. Cook was also an editor at Cycle Magazine and he has a lot of interesting knowledge about the motorcycle industry as well as Ducati. Definitely a unique individual. I always enjoy speaking with him and learn something new every time. If your taking the school seek both Eric and Cook out and chat with them - it is a great and unique opportunity - so don't pass it up. Also, the school recently added a stunt exhibition - enjoy. Jim

Last edited by Violajj; 06-12-12 at 05:19 PM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

seriously considering this

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Sweet! Don't know how I'm just seeing this now!!!!

Probably a silly question, but I'm not too familiar with the setup of these special events.

Will Eric and Cook be instructing in both the Track Experience and Advanced course, or is this event simply a track day with classroom sessions mixed in?

Thanks.

Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

Lifer

If you're lucky enough to go to this event, I want to see some pictures on posing with Eric..... Both with epic E-Boz sideburns.

Hey Eric, i looked to see what all was needed to be done with the bike to pass tech, but didnt see anything on the site. Ive got a streetbike and its actually going in tonight for its first service so it would be ideal to get it all set for the track now....hose clamp on the oil filter, etc... I could have missed the info as im surfing on my droid phone... Thanks.

The droid may not show everything. The track day prep is very easy. 100% oil tight, good tires, good brakes. Remove mirrors and tape over / remove the lights and directionals (use painters tape - it's the easiest to remove). We suggest, but do not mandate, replacing the antifreeze with water and removing the side stands.

Other than that, you just need to bring enthusiasm!

Thanks! See ya monday!

Wish I had the new 1199 but wish more I would face an 848 eco for this damn suzuki

We are now 90% full, so if anyone wants to get in you need to sign up in the next day or two. Thanks!

im def excited for this

Plaistow Powersports Racing
    Lrrs/ccs/ahrma EX #26

Lifer

Signed-up, and ready to go!

This event is now 100% sold out.

Cook Nielson is excited to come and should have lots of great stories to share about racing with some of the icons of the 70's and 80's. I also talked with Eric Bostom again on the phone today and he is loking forward to coming here. As the last winner of the Loudon Classic when the AMA was here, he has fond memories of this place. We even talked about looking at the facility from the viewpoint of an AMA rider to see what it might take to get the big show back in the future. It should be a great day.

Eric, awesome day yesterday! Even with the rain, great time! This was my 1st time with Penguin, and having done a bunch if trackdays, yours was smooth and very fun. Eric Bostrom was nice and polite and talked with everyone at length, taking pictures, signing autographs...he seemed genuinely happy to be there. Cook Nielson was great too! Man that guy has some cool storys. Great time, thank you! Im planning on signing up for a few more this summer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast