NESBC Teams - join together here

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

NESBC Teams - join together here

New NESBC Team Mentor Program
    Part of Penguin NESBC dates 6/3, 7/2, 7/15, 8/26

It will likely take a little while for people to know to look here, but we wanted to provide a place where riders looking to join an NESBC team could find each other. If you're considering riding with us this season, please post your name and which class you'll be riding so that you can join together with other riders. Our goal is to have all of our riders on a team. To learn a little more about what the NESBC Team program is about, please read the re-posted material below.

Penguin students, LRRS racers and Penguin Coaches are all welcome and encouraged to post here

Is NESBC for me?

NESBC was a ton of fun last season, and it is designed for absolutely everyone! All the riders who participated really enjoyed themselves. Everyone also enjoyed watching the "Pro" purse paying classes with top experts sliding around at blazing speeds. Intermediate riders (NOV/AM racers) worked on skills that made then better riders at NHMS. Word of the camaraderie and fun riders experienced spread like wildfire, and these events gained a ton of momentum as the year went along. If you're still not sure this is for you, come to the Track Day at Canaan or NHMS on these days and check it out. Participation is 100% optional, and there is no affect on track time. We'll bet that you'll join in and get hooked like the rest of us!

What is the Team Mentor Program?

The NESBC series has classes for riders of all levels, and focuses on up an coming riders. The 6 classes include 2 for track day riders, 2 for newer racers and 2 for experienced racers (on entry level bikes only). The structure of the "points" in the Team Mentor Program encourages riders at DIFFERENT riding levels to join together. Experts/Pros without bikes to race in the F300/Motard Pro classes serve as mentors only. Working together towards the goal of winning a Team Championship provides extra incentive for top experts and Penguin coaches to work individually with a group of riders all season long and help them with lines, body position, bike setup and anything else they need to bring their riding to the next level.

What are the rewards for the Team Mentor Program?

In addition to the relationships and knowledge gained in working together, there will be prizes at the end of the year for the teams with the most points, headlined by a $1500 cash payout for the top team!

How does the Points System work?
    It's simple. Teams consist of up to 4 riders, plus an optional non-riding mentor. (Some teams will have a 5th member, others will not) Mentors who compete in the Pro Classes are counted as one of the 4 team members. These 4 riders compete in NESBC events, and the top finishing team member in each class get points. If two team members ride the same class, then only the best finisher counts. This encourages team members to be in varied classes and since every finisher scores points, everyone contributes to the cause!

How do I form a team (or find one if I'm new)?

There is a sign up form on the Penguin site (Short Cut by CLICKING HERE). You can post up that you are looking for Team Members here and connect with other riders. There will also be an opportunity for riders to form teams (and join with PRS coaches for mentors) at the first two NESBC events. If you want to participate, we will find a team for you.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NESBC Teams - join together here

Are there bike prep requirements (or recommendations) for participating in a NESBC Street-2 event beyond what would normally be expected for a Penguin school track day? Any lap timer / transponder stuff?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Eric -

Thanks for getting this out there. I plan to run all 4 rounds of NESBC this year and would love to get involved with this. I guess I would fall in the "Pro/Mentor" participant category as I plan on racing the 300 class. As folks reach out to you to form teams please keep me in mind.

Thanks!

Chris Woodman
    LRRS/CCS Expert #897

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    Are there bike prep requirements (or recommendations) for participating in a NESBC Street-2 event beyond what would normally be expected for a Penguin school track day? Any lap timer / transponder stuff?
    No, to run in the street bike classes there is nothing extra at all. If you pass tech for the track day, you're in! We make this as simple and painless a possible. We use old-school hand scoring, so no worries about transponders. Plus, we like having everyone out at the "rail" to watch the races - it's a lot of fun!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cswoodman View Post
    Eric -

Thanks for getting this out there. I plan to run all 4 rounds of NESBC this year and would love to get involved with this. I guess I would fall in the "Pro/Mentor" participant category as I plan on racing the 300 class. As folks reach out to you to form teams please keep me in mind.

Thanks!

Chris Woodman
    LRRS/CCS Expert #897
    Absolutely, will do. I expect that a majority of Teams will form up during the first event. We've got a few teams enrolled from last season, and look forward to having a bunch more as the the first event gets close. I know that Roger Jr wants to defend his title, so that 300 class should be a lot of fun.

All signed up; looking forward to learning a ton this year.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)