Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

NHMS 2015+ Thread

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

NHMS 2015+ Thread

I figured we'd close out the old thread and start a new one. Lots of good ideas were in there and we have talked to the guys at NHMS about many of them. I welcome any and all feedback about things that you would like to see in the future at NHMS. I do know that NHMS is looking at a repave and reconfiguration in the future. It's simply a matter of getting the funds to do it, as it would certainly be a multi-million dollar upgrade.

We (a few officials) are working on recommendations to the speedway as a whole, rules for LRRS, class structures, etc.... As always, I welcome input from everyone here to help bring things to light that I might not have seen or focused on myself.

Penguin has a full slate of events at NHMS for 2015, and we'll be putting a partial schedule out this week. Looking forward to 2015!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NHMS 2015+ Thread

It seems to me that it is confusing for some spectators (especially non-racers) watching when trying to understand the information displayed on the scoring tower. Maybe this can't be changed to split by class (multiple classes within a race), but it should be very easy to display the background color by rider classification, have amateur riders display with a yellow background. For races that are EX/AM the experts show with a white background which is what the scoring tower currently shows. For races that are AM/NV the novices show with a white background which is what is currently done and add yellow to the amateur riders.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by lrrs398; 11-24-14 at 12:51 PM. Reason: grammer...

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

That's a solid idea....I'll run that one by Steve Baron.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

How much time does it take between third call and pit out onto the track? Sometimes it seems like 3 minutes, sometimes 10. Consistency would be nice, especially in the colder months when time on the warmers matters.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    How much time does it take between third call and pit out onto the track? Sometimes it seems like 3 minutes, sometimes 10. Consistency would be nice, especially in the colder months when time on the warmers matters.
    That was a new experience I learned by visiting other tracks this year. 3rd call means you are on your way.
    No dicking around. You arrive late you start from pit lane.

I think NHMS was getting better at the end of the year.

I'm just curious if they are making ANY repairs or upgrades to the surface for next season? Or just putting it off?

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    That was a new experience I learned by visiting other tracks this year. 3rd call means you are on your way.
    No dicking around. You arrive late you start from pit lane.

Yes lol i was surprised when i started at nhms 3rd call you still get 15min break lol

CCS #31

Lifer

Really? I found the call times incredibly inconsistent.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Would really like to see Grid boxes repainted, perhaps even labeled on track. Seems like just a few cans of white spray paint and some stencils could take care of this. Looking forward to track changes and 2015!

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Really? I found the call times incredibly inconsistent.
    Get a scanner. If there was a reason for delay you'd know from the cornerworker reports.

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    This. LRRS is very well run with the exception of this. Every other track seems to get it done without issue, kind of ridiculous how poorly this is managed at New Hampshire. Also ridiculous, the notion that I need to sit by a scanner to determine when I need to go on track rather than the call system actually being accurate.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

One VERY important word . . . ADVERTISE! It doesn't cost NHMS a cent to post on their Facebook page (unless then pay to send it to more people) or put an LRRS event up on their sign.

Last year, a week before the Classic, I saw Facebook posts for the 3-day Nascar event, which was a month later and even an event at New England Dragway. But there wasn't any mention of the Loudon Classic, until after it was over and the usual one minute video of the Classic winner was posted on the site.

There was a whole thread on this here: http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...ht=advertising

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    This. LRRS is very well run with the exception of this. Every other track seems to get it done without issue, kind of ridiculous how poorly this is managed at New Hampshire. Also ridiculous, the notion that I need to sit by a scanner to determine when I need to go on track rather than the call system actually being accurate.
    LRRS is looking for people to help run the show. Sign up and start making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    LRRS is looking for people to help run the show. Sign up and start making changes.
    Yeah except I don't want to run the show, I want to race. Its not like I'm calling out volunteers of a non profit, we all pay a lot of money to ride up there. Its not unreasonable or unthankful to expect some consistency in their call system.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Yeah except I don't want to run the show, I want to race. Its not like I'm calling out volunteers of a non profit, we all pay a lot of money to ride up there. Its not unreasonable or unthankful to expect some consistency in their call system.
    Ok, so make sure you're on pre-grid by second call. Part of the issue is WE as racers have set the expectation that no matter what they do, we're going to drag ass getting on pre-grid. The first time they launch 3/4s of a race from hot pit you can bet there will be even MORE bitching and moaning. The call system has been pretty damn consistent, Bruce makes the calls on specific events, half way, last lap, etc. Thats why I suggested getting a scanner and listening, you quickly learn what the calls are based on. Where the variations come in after are track events, corner workers spot debris, a crash requires more cleanup before they allow bikes out, etc.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Flat out Owner of NHIS doesn't care about LRRS as it’s not a Profit series for him...... so don't hold your breath (Not being a dick but that’s business)

If he would like to chime in on his business model for LRRS, then I will get on board but until then just ride it like it is.....because it’s not going to change much at all....and for what it is its the BEST in the US Thank You to the LRRS workers and people that make it happen...

my 2cts....

• daily spectator pass for Saturday only
    • split the waves (even it's it's making the AM/NOV numbers yellow or red) on the big display during races
    • 1st practice of the morning, they call groups 1 & 2 out. then tell us it's going to be another 5 minutes for them to sweep the track after the Legends cars.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Ok, so make sure you're on pre-grid by second call. Part of the issue is WE as racers have set the expectation that no matter what they do, we're going to drag ass getting on pre-grid. The first time they launch 3/4s of a race from hot pit you can bet there will be even MORE bitching and moaning. The call system has been pretty damn consistent, Bruce makes the calls on specific events, half way, last lap, etc. Thats why I suggested getting a scanner and listening, you quickly learn what the calls are based on. Where the variations come in after are track events, corner workers spot debris, a crash requires more cleanup before they allow bikes out, etc.
    So you're saying rather than correct a maladaptive system, we should reinforce it? I'll venture that the time I stop doing things the right way because I'm worried over someone's bitch session will be the time they tie a tag to my toe. Really? Get a scanner so I can decipher the hidden meaning behind the LRRS call structure? I understand that's your solution to making some sense of the cluster fuck, and its a good one at that.

How about calls just actually mean what they do at every other facility in the country? 1st, heads up. 2nd, gloves and helmet on and standby. 3rd, yank your warmers and get your ass to grid. 3rd also assumes the track is clear. Why are we putting out 3rd call when we're still cleaning up a wreck? Anywhere else, 3rd call is made when the track is clear and they're ready to grid riders, the only thing to get that off track is some poor bastard crashing on their warm up lap.

How about when we have racers from other regions log in on this forum and ask if there's anything they need to know about Loudon? It takes less than 5 posts for someone to say "3rd call doesn't mean go to track. Ha ha. Lol."

I have relatively poor hearing, so maybe I am alone here, but LOUDER PAs would be nice too. I can't comment on the 3rd call thing because I never heard a single announcement from center 15 during my weekend there. I just watched other people, who were watching other people, who were watching for the checkered flag. Not a chance I'm going to hear 3rd call with ear plugs/helmet on.

Some bitching about the really unimportant things on a series that we have so much room for improvement.
    My opinion is some of you should reconsider your priorities during racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    I have relatively poor hearing, so maybe I am alone here, but LOUDER PAs would be nice too. I can't comment on the 3rd call thing because I never heard a single announcement from center 15 during my weekend there. I just watched other people, who were watching other people, who were watching for the checkered flag. Not a chance I'm going to hear 3rd call with ear plugs/helmet on.
    You can blame some of your center garagemates... I've seen the PA system taped over by riders in the past to mute it...

If they can get the FM transmitter working correctly again that helps a ton, just have a radio going at whatever volume you need.

...a series that we have so much room for improvement.
    With how many years the series has been around, what is quoted above should not be the case at all. If anything the series should be, at least at this point in time, the gold standard in how an organized race series runs. The reality is that too many "good ideas" have been allowed into the series over the years, many of which without much scrutiny, if any, and hardly any have been consistently recognized or implimented. Case and point is the open fact that LRRS does things their own way and has special rules written up regardless that the series is held ultimately for CCS-licensed racers under the CCS umbrella. The only rule changes that do occur should be out of sheer necessity rather than letting all these changes happen season after season because someone was afraid to hurt someone else's feelings because their idea sucked.

I said it years ago and I'll say it again--> CONSISTENCY within the series.

Josh - is there an online application for LRRS help? I'm more curious if they are looking for hired help or if it was a post on Wastebook saying "hey, we need volunteers for......"

As for the PA system,

- there needs to be a simple volume adjustment so the speakers in and on the Garage can be lowered - while leaving the outdoor speakers louder so people can hear. If this adjustment is already there, then someone needs to be responsible for setting it up at the beginning of each weekend.

Add speakers to the BOWL. When watching up there, most fans have no idea what's going on.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Josh - is there an online application for LRRS help? I'm more curious if they are looking for hired help or if it was a post on Wastebook saying "hey, we need volunteers for......"
    It's been on facebook, as well as brought up at rider's meetings this year and at the banquet. I'd ping lrrs@nhms.com if you're interested.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    • daily spectator pass for Saturday only
    This is already in place. I came up on a Saturday and only paid a one-day price of $15. If someone you know wasn't asked, then the person at the window made a mistake.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast