Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

NHMS 2015+ Thread

Lifer

Re: NHMS 2015+ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post
    You know we can register online right?
    Sorry. I was not clear. I meant renew your license. Best I can see that is a paper only thing. I need to print this form off, fill it out, and mail it to someone. Basically what Rada said earlier in this thread. And Roland has mentioned it a few times here and on FB.

At least that's my understanding of it. I'm a noob rookie, so maybe I have it wrong.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You have it right.

Registration you can do online. Renewal must be done with paper.

ohhhhh. sorry, I missed that.

eeeethhhh. I just finished filling out all that crap plus my garage agreement and now my arm hurts. Making that online just went to the top of my list. Me thinks keeping it real paper is for legal reasons. But I'm no lawyer.

Last edited by timmyho414; 11-30-14 at 02:27 PM.
    Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post
    Me thinks keeping it real paper is for legal reasons. But I'm no lawyer.
    Now that you mention that. That is why we can't fax it either. They need the original signed copy

You are able to e-sign PDFs for a looong time now

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    Now that you mention that. That is why we can't fax it either. They need the original signed copy
    Ive been faxing it for the past three years now directly to Texas, never had a problem and always got my license before most LRRS people

CCS #31

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    You are able to e-sign PDFs for a looong time now
    Yes, but they don't have the same legal status as ink on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    If you can sign mortgages, IRS documents and immigration stuff like that id say they do.
    I personally don't care much.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    If you can sign mortgages, IRS documents and immigration stuff like that id say they do.
    I personally don't care much.
    This. With the exception of actually going to check it out in person, I bought my home over email.

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs398 View Post
    It seems to me that it is confusing for some spectators (especially non-racers) watching when trying to understand the information displayed on the scoring tower. Maybe this can't be changed to split by class (multiple classes within a race), but it should be very easy to display the background color by rider classification, have amateur riders display with a yellow background. For races that are EX/AM the experts show with a white background which is what the scoring tower currently shows. For races that are AM/NV the novices show with a white background which is what is currently done and add yellow to the amateur riders.
    I've mentioned this to Steve a few years back but there are limitations to the software applications that prohibit this from happening. He has incorporated some of ideas which is definately better than before.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

at least I don't have to create my own form anymore
    http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2015/l...0(type-in).pdf

never mind. LRRS has a separate form.

Last edited by nt650hawk; 12-01-14 at 02:50 PM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by BMMCBR View Post
    See Chuck's post in this thread. They don't care.
    thats wrong. 90% of them don't even know there is racing that weekend.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

I *think* the "they" that Chuck refers to is NHMS leadership, not Bike Week Attendees (as to who doesn't care).

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    thats wrong. 90% of them don't even know there is racing that weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    I *think* the "they" that Chuck refers to is NHMS leadership, not Bike Week Attendees (as to who doesn't care).
    Yep. And the lawsuit part I referenced was from PainfullySlow asking them if he could market the event. If I recall correctly, they said no.

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCycle View Post
    Speaking of the Classic...
    We have thousands of bikers with time and money to burn just a few miles away. How do we get more of them down to watch the races?
    This has been a challenge for many years, and it's not just here. At Daytona during bike week there is a massive crowd of Harley guys right down the road, and yet the attendance for the Daytona 200 is next to nothing. I think in the end it's something that matters to all of us. More people = more money coming in for purses, amenities, more sponsor exposure, more industry press time, etc. It also brings in more money for the racetrack, which gives us more leverage to but things like airfence and pay for lots of the little things we all want in this thread. This topic could spawn it's own thread that could go on for pages, but in short you need a couple things to get a crowd to the track (and it's all easier to say than it is to do).

1. Create a show that has more than one thing to do. You want to get a crowd to the Loudon Classic, take our races and add supermoto, add dirt track, add a MX race, add demo rides, do a stunt show, add a vendor area, do a spectator parade lap, have an auction, ....all of which can be done but each thing takes someone to grab it by the horns and run with it. It's a ton of work, and you need people who are committed to the long haul because many of those things listed will not be profitable in the first couple seasons.
    2. Create a program that every spectator has access to for each venue that gives people someone to root for. Names, photos, home towns, bikes ridden....history on some riders. Whether it's a brand, rooting for someone near their hometown, or their favorite color bike - when people feel a connection to the riders they are watching on the track they become much more engaged. Coupling this with things like speakers in the bowl is great.
    3. It takes a grass roots effort to get it started. If we want people to come, then we need to invite them. Maybe the track provides an incentive for groups of "X". Maybe dealers get a perk for having a group ride that ends up at the track. Maybe there are flyers and social media posts that are low cost and that we can all get behind distributing.

...just some ideas to start with.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Garage #17 Race Team ThunderCycle's Avatar

Eric: I really like the program idea. You're absolutely correct. Give people something to cheer for and they become fans. If every expert and amateur produced a quick bio. We add a picture of the racer and the race bike (there's some excellent race side photographers who would enjoy the advertising). We could keep it on-line, quickly update it and print it for people arriving at the races. A little advertising $ could defray the printing costs. We could even make it available as a free app trackside.

Calling tech geeks, any body have experiencing building a "who's who" data base? We create a spreadsheet of all race numbers/racers, start adding photos and bios.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    This has been a challenge for many years, and it's not just here. At Daytona during bike week there is a massive crowd of Harley guys right down the road, and yet the attendance for the Daytona 200 is next to nothing. I think in the end it's something that matters to all of us. More people = more money coming in for purses, amenities, more sponsor exposure, more industry press time, etc. It also brings in more money for the racetrack, which gives us more leverage to but things like airfence and pay for lots of the little things we all want in this thread. This topic could spawn it's own thread that could go on for pages, but in short you need a couple things to get a crowd to the track (and it's all easier to say than it is to do).

1. Create a show that has more than one thing to do. You want to get a crowd to the Loudon Classic, take our races and add supermoto, add dirt track, add a MX race, add demo rides, do a stunt show, add a vendor area, do a spectator parade lap, have an auction, ....all of which can be done but each thing takes someone to grab it by the horns and run with it. It's a ton of work, and you need people who are committed to the long haul because many of those things listed will not be profitable in the first couple seasons.
    2. Create a program that every spectator has access to for each venue that gives people someone to root for. Names, photos, home towns, bikes ridden....history on some riders. Whether it's a brand, rooting for someone near their hometown, or their favorite color bike - when people feel a connection to the riders they are watching on the track they become much more engaged. Coupling this with things like speakers in the bowl is great.
    3. It takes a grass roots effort to get it started. If we want people to come, then we need to invite them. Maybe the track provides an incentive for groups of "X". Maybe dealers get a perk for having a group ride that ends up at the track. Maybe there are flyers and social media posts that are low cost and that we can all get behind distributing.

...just some ideas to start with.

I agree with the added attractions idea, it will get people in the door. But if I remember this year during bike week they had a Harley Demo going on right at the entrance to NHMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper897 View Post
    I agree with the added attractions idea, it will get people in the door. But if I remember this year during bike week they had a Harley Demo going on right at the entrance to NHMS.
    And a stunt show next to the tunnel entrance.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

bikini umbrella girls might make a better attendance

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    And a stunt show next to the tunnel entrance.
    It wasn't that long ago that Ducati had their demo and hospitality setup right in the infield. Demo rides were done on the parking access roads in the 'frontier land' around NHMS and I had a hoot flogging a Sport Classic as part of the event.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Eric how about making the races of Round 7 worth double points to keep the championship races interesting right up until the end of the season?

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    Eric how about making the races of Round 7 worth double points to keep the championship races interesting right up until the end of the season?
    i believe the classic round used to be double points.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    i believe the classic round used to be double points.
    Double XP weekend?

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Double XP weekend?
    If I buy premium time, does that bonus count double as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Wouldn't a notarized, then faxed, signature?

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast