Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

NHMS - what would you change

Re: NHMS - what would you change

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    LRRS is a one track series. Legends Cars is a US wide series, and the majority of the people participating run at lots and lots and lots of tracks. They make Jim look like a shut in hermit.
    lrrs is a one track region. considering that lrrs is sanctioned by ccs and ultimately you are considered a ccs rider everywhere else. and being a ccs rider you can race any ccs race just as a Legend car driver can race at any legend sanctioned race.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

The difference is if you get in a Legends car, it's a spec car with matching rules around the world. (Did a lil digging, didn't realize it was more than a US phenomenon.) No variation. Rules in NH match the rules in the UK. A NHMS mandated Legends car bellypan would not be legal at any other track. Legends car tech requirements make our Production class rules look like swiss cheese. LRRS's stricter rules won't get you bounced out of tech in other series. LRRS is also an affiliate, not run by CCS, yes they cooperate with CCS and try to run compatible rules, but at the end of the day there is no requirement to do so. There is no such option for Legends, you either run by their book or you do not get to even use the term Legends Cars describing your non-sanctioned series.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    1) The design and layout of the cars are such that bellypans wouldn't / couldn't be effective.
    Kind of makes the whole argument moot, methinks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Kind of makes the whole argument moot, methinks.
    Ssssshhhhhhhhhh! You'll spoil a good winter isn't quite over NESR rant-fest with thinking like that!

yes, we only see the tip of the iceberg called legends.
    Franchised in over 30 countries and operate at +400 tracks.

Last edited by xsiliconkid; 04-03-14 at 10:35 AM.
    Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Guys the entire last year there was only ONE case where a belly pan would have been any form of help, if any.

Ya it put us several hours behind but from my understanding (which could be very wrong) it's not as often to make it a requirement.
    And if my memory serves me correctly that delay was not oil on track related.

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xsiliconkid View Post
    And if my memory serves me correctly that delay was not oil on track related.
    Was this the T6 or T3 chute incident? Both had pretty large amounts of oil spilled onto the track and called for long delays. The T6 incident resulted in several motorcycle crashes do to the remaining oil on the track. Does the Legends series bar the use of anti-freeze as well?

I find it interesting that no other tracks have looked into addressing the potential for such incidents, as there are a lot of tracks that run Legends, that ls run motorcycles. Maybe not in the same event.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

They run oil cooled motors, no water/anti-freeze involved.

We've had long delays and crashes from oil dumping bikes as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    how do you guys feel about the combined groups for the 1st round of practice?

i like the shorter 1st session since it's so cold, and really like the legend cars going out before us.
    but my round 7 incident in round 1 practice has me re-thinking about combining AM and EX practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    well for starters, experts dont catch up in a race till lap 6+. i got hit on the standing yellow lap & was done for the day. I tend to ride much slower in practice because i'm trying different things out. so their lines and my lines (at least on session 1) might be very different.
    I'd be for splitting up the practices if we had unlimited time. First practice is a waste for me. Too many people riding at too many different paces. I find I might get one or two good corners and I spend the rest of the time working on getting around people. Unfortunately I doubt we have the time to do that and make the session worth while for anyone.

James

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    Was this the T6 or T3 chute incident? Both had pretty large amounts of oil spilled onto the track and called for long delays. The T6 incident resulted in several motorcycle crashes do to the remaining oil on the track. Does the Legends series bar the use of anti-freeze as well?

I find it interesting that no other tracks have looked into addressing the potential for such incidents, as there are a lot of tracks that run Legends, that ls run motorcycles. Maybe not in the same event.
    There were 0 crashes in T6 that were oil related that weekend if I remember correctly.
    Eric and few others made sure the track was 100% before any racing took place.

The only drawback from that was a 3+ hour delay

Have we progressed on the talks of moving NHMS and LRRS to texas so I can participate in? Think about it guys, 51 weeks of riding! No more offseason!

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Have we progressed on the talks of moving NHMS and LRRS to texas so I can participate in? Think about it guys, 51 weeks of riding! No more offseason!
    but the offseason offers a chance for wallets to recover... lol

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

I like combined first practice

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I like combined first practice
    Yea.....you haven't seen a first practice in years asshat

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Yea.....you haven't seen a first practice in years asshat
    I see them all the time...even ridden one or two of them

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    The T6 incident resulted in several motorcycle crashes do to the remaining oil on the track.
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    There were 0 crashes in T6 that were oil related that weekend if I remember correctly.
    Eric and few others made sure the track was 100% before any racing took place.

The only drawback from that was a 3+ hour delay
    True.

Also, not only was the T6 oil slick completely clean, the T6 motorcycle crash wasn't even on the same part of the track. 100% unrelated.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

ive seen a T2 repave mentioned several times. T2 was repaved when they changed that whole area for the legends cars. the paving company fucked it up and there was a huge bump there. then they brought out the grinder a month or so later and "leveled it out". its definitely better than it was. i remember this because they paved it a few days before a TD and then they ground it down the night before a TD.

my only suggestions for the legends cars is that they should be run at the end of the day. running them in the middle of the day or the beginning is just asking for trouble

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    my only suggestions for the legends cars is that they should be run at the end of the day. running them in the middle of the day or the beginning is just asking for trouble
    They are run at the end of the day. Or are you saying that they should practice at the end of the day, directly before they race, also? I don't entirely disagree with that...but I believe they were moved to "real" First Practice because we whiney riders didn't want to face the cold and dew

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    They are run at the end of the day. Or are you saying that they should practice at the end of the day, directly before they race, also? I don't entirely disagree with that...but I believe they were moved to "real" First Practice because we whiney riders didn't want to face the cold and dew
    Bill, the road course is run at lunch time, right in the middle of the day. The small oval in T1/1A/2 is run at the end of the day.

its in my blood

they need to add a lot more track.. considering the competition .. NJ, NY, CT and now palmer MA sched for 2015..

Animal Hill Super Motard Champion Johnny B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Have we progressed on the talks of moving NHMS and LRRS to Texas so I can participate in? Think about it guys, 51 weeks of riding! No more off season!
    Richie, write a letter to Bruton Smith and ask him to set up a road course in the infield at Texas Motor Speedway. (another SMI track.)

Johnny B. (the other one) ®
    Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
    Super Motard Champ 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985

Visit the Rest Home: http://resthome.50megs.com

"Listen to your ass, it's giving you lots of information!" - Buddy Melges

its in my blood

new track new track new track !!!!!

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

For what it's worth...new track, probably not going to happen. Repaved track with a little more length and some new sections, possible. Not definite, but there have been active discussions about it. How far away - maybe as soon as the next year or two.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Are we gonna see any new curbing etc for this season at all??

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

They have not been able to do any work to date because they had so much snow for so long. As you know, plows on the racing surface are a big no-no. The most important thing, air fence, did get done. If I had to choose between extra curbing and extra airfence, I will choose airfence every time.

They got a complete list of recommendations from me at the end of last month. I've reached out to them and they are looking at if/when they can add the curbing on the inside of turn 8, which was the top priority of all the curbing requests that we got. The corner marshals are being trained to be much more diligent about keeping the rocks out of turn 9 and carefully inspecting the track after each session there. We also talked briefly about addressing the larger issues, and still are still moving forward there. I'm hopeful for the future at NHMS.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!