NJMP Report

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

NJMP Report

The Ducati Revs event was a great event and I want to thank all of the riders, dealers and vendors that supported it. We worked around the rain as best we could....there were a couple of sessions in the afternoon that were almost 100% dry before the afternoon rains came in. There were a lot of riders on the track and as is usual with these Ducati Revs events, we had very few tip-overs and no injuries.

After talking to riders during and after the event, we are looking to go back to a two day format for 2012. I'd love to get feedback on that idea from any interested riders.

For anyone who has not yet ridden NJMP, it's quite a different style of track than NHMS. There is not a lot of stop and go, point and shoot riding...this track rewards mid corner roll speed and momentum. It's a nice contrast to NHMS and will help riders build a more complete riding skill set. We'd love to hear ideas for this event for next year, ranging from time of year to format and anything in between. In the meantime, we're heading right back up to NHMS this weekend....hopefully we'll see you there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Woodcraft; 08-16-11 at 03:23 PM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Re: NJMP Report

i loved NJMP on my SV. i was in 5th for about 90% of the track and just carrying huge cornerspeed. going under the bridge in 6th pinned with a knee on the ground was awesome.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Agreed that it was cool. The last corner was wide open, top of 4th gear for me. Pretty fun stuff.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    carrying huge cornerspeed. going under the bridge in 6th pinned with a knee on the ground was awesome.
    +1

I got my practice here for Daytona. Kink right at NJMP in preparation for Daytona's Kink Left. I've seen some nice high speed knee down 140's on the spedo here. It is probably one of my favorite sections at NJMP followed by the 3 chicane.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Riding this place one time definitely helped me at NHMS. I've been lucky enough to ride a 30+ tracks, but I have not had to learn to race at a new track in several years. Having to figure out NJMP at a race pace resulted on my dropping over half a second at Loudon the next event. It beathed a little life into the program and gave me ideas on things I could do differently at home.

This is why racing is so much fun....you can ride a place forever and never find the limit....it's just a matter finding the key that opens the next door.

Last edited by Woodcraft; 08-22-11 at 12:55 PM.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

absolutely agree.

I'll take positives from one track that is similar in a particular turn to another and apply them. Tracks are not all the different when you break them down turn by turn or Entry, Apex, Exit. Other tracks may offer a couple of special features to make them unique from another. This is where it gets interesting. It is nice to get the brain working and re-educating ones self. This sport we are in definitely promotes this.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    +1

I got my practice here for Daytona. Kink right at NJMP in preparation for Daytona's Kink Left. I've seen some nice high speed knee down 140's on the spedo here. It is probably one of my favorite sections at NJMP followed by the 3 chicane.
    yes, the chicane in 5th gear was awesome. i also really liked 6(?), the right before the right that takes you into the decreasing radius, i figured out that i didnt have to brake for that corner. that took some balls the first time i did it.once i figured it out, i held my breath and said "here we go". after that first time, it was "how can i go faster through here?"

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports