NYST & Pocono Partner Share Events

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

NYST & Pocono Partner Share Events

NYST
    As I'm sure many of you have heard, NYST has run into some road blocks. For details you can check here: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...gal-challenge/

We have a partner event listed with TPM for this season, and we are leaving it on the schedule as tentative for the moment. I feel that it may be unlikely that they will get everything they want (including unlimited displacement motorcycles and numbers that make a track day economically viable). However, we will keep people up to date as things progress. At a minimum, we will make a final decision as to our acceptance of reservations for this event 6 weeks from the scheduled date (June 7-8).

Pocono
    On a positive note, we added a second Pocono date with TPM at the big FUSA course, which should be a lot of fun. For anyone who wants more information on the Penguin partner share program - click the link below:

http://www.penguinracing.com/pages/5...re_program.cfm

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NYST & Pocono Partner Share Events

Just a confirmation that I got today, that Penguin will not be attending NYST in 2014 as it does not appear that the legal trouble that the racetrack has encountered will be remedied in time to properly promote the event. We wish the track the best of luck in fixing their issues.

Thanks for looking into it for us, we've all been hanging at the edge of our seats trying to figure out if we're going or not going to NYST. Do you know if the track is not available to all track day organizations or just Penguin? You have any more details?

It's available to penguin, they are just choosing to back out because of the uncertainty of the future of the track. Sounds like they don't want to promote and fill the day and then have it get cancelled.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Correct. After reading all the details that we could find, we do not want people to plan for an event that we feel is likely to be met with issues (including cancellation). Team Pro Motion (who we were partnering with at this event) felt exactly the same way. NYST may be able to work something out in the future....a compromise of sorts. However, after seeing the passion with which the locals are defending their position, resolution by June (which was when we were heading there) did not seem likely in the estimation of the eyes of those with experience in these matters. Again, I hope that NYST can figure it out, and that they also follow through with all the safety upgrades that we feel were needed to have a safe facility.

Last edited by Woodcraft; 02-03-14 at 09:27 AM.

I haven't read anywhere that confirms this question:

Are they on a "cease and desist" of sorts at this point? Or will they continue to operate normally until a final decision is reached?

First post of the thread, click the link.. http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...highlight=NYST

Yamaha

Basically, the court ruled that they have to resubmit a plan for operation and until that point that they have to stick to the original proposal which is (in a nutshell) 25 bikes, 250cc and 3 days a week. Sounds like heaven for the Ninja 250 club...but that's about it. The court was displeased with a number of things and the neighbors are now organized. This is not so say it cannot be worked out, only that they have more of a battle to fight right now.

I sincerely hope that they work it all out. No one wants to see a track close. It just seems like it's going to be a bit of a struggle to get it done this year and I didn't want to have Penguin customers put a bunch of stock into a date that does not happen.