Penguin School @ Thompson

Penguin School @ Thompson

Had a great time today! Penguin runs the best track days at Thompson, the track was way cleaner/safer, there was less traffic, got more sessions in and more laps per session vs my last track day @ Thompson . Thanks guys!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Re: Penguin School @ Thompson

I'm really glad to hear that you had a good time! We work really hard to produce the best days that we possibly can. I'm running that air fence back to TPM Thursday, and I'm hoping that Thompson purchases their own for 2015.....it a big effort (but worth it) to get that stuff to and from North Carolina.

I look forward to more events like this next season.

Eric, thanks a lot! You have a team of very knowledgeable instructors! We appreciate all the effort Penguin takes to make these track days so awesome, especially the air fences and track conditions (I slipped on some debris 2 weeks ago on turn 10 and my bike ended up just past where the air fences were yesterday)! Me and my buddy are planning on many more Penguin school days in the future! I was the one riding the white/yellow CBR in the C group (also won the Garmin during the auction, thanks so much!) and my buddy Mike Garcia was riding the white 675r in C group, so you'll be seeing our faces a lot in the future

Ditto. Great day at Thompson. The track is a ton of fun and the air fence really is nice to have in the areas with questionable run off. I rode in the racer group and the classroom time was excellent. Eric, you have a great ability to instruct in a way that brings about a noticeable change on track. I'm looking forward to doing an Advanced school day before the next LRRS round.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

I really enjoyed the track, thank you for the effort you put in to make this day possible!

Block/Smutty - thanks for the tow!

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

You guys are great. We had a fantastic day, great weather, very few tip overs and lots of smart questions in the classrooms. If anyone wants to watch the AMA national at NJMP and ride before hand, we have a super 2 day event September 11-12 (including guest instructor Eric Bostrom and Free AMA tickets)....for everyone else I hope to see you in October at NHMS for the season finale!

Eric,

Thank you for all the hard work the Penguin School put into a phenomenal track day at Thompson. I had a blast riding one of the new Kawasaki 300s. The track was fast, smooth and flowing and was made significantly safer by addition of the air fence, which must have been a logistics challenge.

See you soon,
    Ben

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77
    SeaCoast Sport Cycle | Dunlop | EBC Brakes | Vortex | Woodcraft | Armor Bodies

The air fence was quite the effort, but we got it done. Hopefully the track has their own for 2015. It was great to have you, and you seemed to have a blast on the Ninja 300. When we rode together in the last session that was my first real stint on the bike and I have to say it was a ton of fun. Thompson is a great place to play with a bike like that, the track flows really well. We are looking forward to some really great news with regards to that Formula 300 class at NHMS next season - my lips are sealed for now but there is some cool stuff in the works!

Formula 300 class is cool. What we really need is a Grom series at Loudon. Run turns 3 through 10 and bring it back through the 3-10 split. You could start racing when the bandoleros are doing their thing up in turn 1. I'll be happy to loan my Grom out to Woodcraft to get some more blingy racer parts made up!

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

We beat you to it - we've already got some cool rearsets and made axle sliders as well.

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin...&category=HO12

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin...&key=45-0305FR