Thoughts at the end of the seaon

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Thoughts at the end of the seaon

We are heading off for Homestead today....looking forward to the trip down to sunny Florida, to a track that we know and love. The weather is supposed to be great and it'll be nice to get one last taste of sunshine before the winter fully settles in.

Next season, there are lots of things in the works. Events at Loudon as always, plus we are looking at some extra advanced schools at NJMP before select CCS weekends in addition to uor annual 2 day event we have down there. We are also putting together a date at NYST for later in the season. There is also a chance that we will head back down to Barber this season....the track has contacted us and would like us to come down - so we are looking at dates and options. We are considering our options for Homestead....as much as we love to go down there the market for racing has softened substantially in that region and with the cost of travel these days we are going to have to take a hard look at our options for 2013.

There will also be some extra features in the classrooms next season...more tools to help riders along the way if you will. That stuff is exciting as we continue to experiment with new strategies and communication methods to help riders get better. That the crux of what we love to do at the Penguin School. Whatever the economy, whatever is going on with life in general, it's always great to get the satisfaction that we either helped open another rider's eyes to the world of riding the racetrack or that we helped someone who is already fully hooked make another step in their riding progression. This is what it's all about.

If anyone has any comments or feedback about dates, places or features that you'd like to see from us, please feel free to comment here or send us an email at info@penguinracing.com. I hope everyone enjoys the off season and the holidays, and I'm looking forward to seeing my friends at the track again next season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Woodcraft; 11-28-12 at 11:45 AM.

Re: Thoughts at the end of the seaon

The only negative comment I've ever heard repeated about penguin is the lack of race start practice. This seems like a fairly critical item that ought to receive some attention. Not only can a good start make a huge difference to one's final position, a bad start can be dangerous for everyone. Last time I took the course was 6 years ago and I was completely new to the track so the idea of a race start wasn't even on my mind at the time. I plan on taking it again in april so I can get my license and at that point I would definitely like to get some practice time for starts.

Not that I've done this, but I imagine that Epping is a great place to work on starts.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Everyone in the basic course gets the opportunity to do a mock start at the end of the day....and that is a fairly recent development (last season). So, if you are in that Novce / Basic group in the afternoon the opportunity will be there for you. We put this back in there as a result of customer feedback like yours.

....end Epping is a great place to work on launches, but the start is a very different deal that really takes years to perfect.

The mock start is a nice addition.

Another thing for the Basic course. With the ever expanding LW grids I think Steve should learn to do a classroom start on a SV.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!