Thanks for a great season

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Thanks for a great season

I want to thank all the students, instructors and staff who participated in the Penguin School this season for making this year a great success. We are fortunate to be able to share the sport that we love with so many people. Our measure for success is really determined one student at a time, and there is nothing that we enjoy more than helping someone get over that next plateau and make some real progress in their riding.

We been integrating technology in our classrooms, and certainly envision more of that coming into play in the future. There is nothing like seeing yourself in pictures or on film to help speed up progress and increase motivation to make positive change. Penguin is also lucky to have a very talented group of coaches that are not only highly experienced riders, but also great communicators and ambassadors for our sport.

We look forward to working with everyone again next season, and are likely to have a couple exciting announcements about 2014 in the months to come. In the interim, if there is anything that you would like to see from the school, please let us know either here or by emailing us at info@penguinracing.com. We hope to see everyone at the LRRS banquet in November.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Thanks for a great season

We have had a few inquiries about 2014 and we expect to have events at NHMS, NJMP and at Thompson, CT. We are considering NYST pending updates to pit lane and clearing trees.

A lot of people are super exited for Thompson. Be sure to keep us updated. It was great to ride with and learn from you this year.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Our 2014 dates for Thompson are both Mondays - we will be there in June and September. If the demand is there, we may add a Tuesday on the end of one (or both) of them - we'll see how it goes.

Just an update, as things often work this time of year, these dates may be changing. We should have things all tied up in the next week or so....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Woodcraft; 10-25-13 at 09:51 AM.

I'm so pumped for Thompson.

Is pricing for Thompson listed yet?

We will get all of that information on the site when we publish all of our initial dates for 2014. I hope to have that all done in November.

Thompson has a really good location for New England Riders, and the layout should be fun as well. We're looking forward to all of our events next season.

Last edited by Woodcraft; 10-14-13 at 10:50 AM.

There are rumors of more tracks floating around.....I have heard about the proposed project in Palmer for a long time. We'll see if that comes to fruition, I know that project is going to be an expensive one to complete. However, if they can pull it off we'd have three tracks that are less than 2 hours from Boston - great news for riders in New England!

NYST is rumored to be making updates over the winter. Penguin is going to go take a look at the facility after all is said and done. They are trying to put together a CCS race there, but I know that there is substantial work to be done before that can happen. However, if NYST does get itself to a state where it is safe enough to race there then you can be sure that Penguin will have some dates for our guys there.

Penguin has a number of new programs that we are working on for 2014, including programs that will give riders buying PRS packages the opportunity to ride a number of tracks outside New England at a reduced cost. Watch for announcements in the coming weeks.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just to fuel the fire with more rumors - Tamworth is working on doing things again. However, that track is planned as a Monticello-type facility (private for members only and not available for rent). In other words, no motorcycles. Also, there are rumblings that Pocono is investigating the viability of running an AMA national.

I know of one other facility that is a possibility in New England as well - they are 100% permitted and ready to build, just waiting on investor money. Possible news on this in Mid 2014. There are also rumors of a possible repave and even a potential track layout update at NHMS in the future. Certainly no guarantees there, but I really liked what I heard when they were tossing ideas around.

Competition will benefit us all....if these facilities are all working to gain our business then they will also end up working to make them safer for motorcycles and less expensive. It's a win-win for motorcyclists all around. Long term, it brings more people in the sport and helps our industry as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Is pricing for Thompson listed yet?
    Not just yet - we are working on it. Once we have all the dates in place 100% then we'll roll out all our 2014 programs. There are a couple new things we are working on.

Lifer

I'm interested in hearing about your pre-purchase package deals. Please let me/us know when that info is available for 2014.

Coming very soon.